Author Topic: Still syncing the blockchain  (Read 2617 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You do run the most recent version 0.9.2??

edit: seeing that you only lack some 48h, I would assume that your peers are old .. you can either wait for the client to get new peers from the P2P network or delegate the peers_leveldb folder in %APPDATA%\BitShares to get fresh peers from the seed nodes

Offline nady

• View Profile
Hi there,
When bitshares_client gets stuck on a block, is there any other solution besides deleting the chain folder and resyncing from the beginning?
My bitshares_client is stuck at block 3562924. Before that it ran smoothly for several weeks.
>>> get_info
{
  "blockchain_head_block_num": 3562924,
  "blockchain_head_block_age": "46 hours old",
  "blockchain_head_block_timestamp": "2015-09-11T22:49:50",
Thanks.

Offline joele

• View Profile
Thanks for the info.

I noticed in bitshares_client, when it's in fast sync and you type any command or your RAM become low the fast-sync get interrupted and it sync in standard way.
This is the reason why I sync too slow.

Offline ffwong

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fftt
Same to me when I tried to sync recently. I even stuck at a block (fork?) and did not move any more.

So I deleted the chain folder (don't delete the wallet folder), and resync from the beginning. Try to use bitshares_client instead of the GUI version, try to specify the chain server in config.json. It finally synced overnight. In any case, backup you wallet before you do anything.
Cast me some votes. I am running:
- dragonball for Bitshares 2.0 net
- delegate.fftt for PTS (DPOS) net

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Yes, please try Chain Server as advised by xeroc.   I think the new wackou's bts backbone should have some decent Chain Server nodes providing fast blockchain download.  Do check out https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,13837.msg230185.html#msg230185
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline JA

• View Profile
I don't know what happen to my wallet but it start syncing again from start after I opened it 4 days ago, and it's still syncing for the past 4 days (24hrs/day)and there is still 29 weeks left.

Is there a faster way to sync the blockchain?
i could uplaod my chain folder for you if you want

Thanks for the offer, but it will take you hours even days uploading that folder, I don't want to trouble you.

If there is existing  reliable updated chain on the web that I can download, please post the info., Thanks :)
yea you are right .
just checked and the unzipped folder is 5.5 gb ...and i only have a 100kb upload speed...lol rip
here is a thread that might help though it hasnt been updated for a while
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16510.0.html
maybe ask fav for an update
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:50:30 am by jabbajabbaつ◕_◕つ »

Offline joele

• View Profile
I don't know what happen to my wallet but it start syncing again from start after I opened it 4 days ago, and it's still syncing for the past 4 days (24hrs/day)and there is still 29 weeks left.

Thanks for the offer, but it will take you hours even days uploading that folder, I don't want to trouble you.

If there is existing  reliable updated chain on the web that I can download, please post the info., Thanks :)

Offline JA

• View Profile

Offline joele

• View Profile