Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT 12 - Open Ledger Debuts Today - * Forbes Article *  (Read 17652 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The announcements are coming fast now!  Thanks for waiting until I got the last of my money in, hehe.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Unlike most exchanges, you control your own private keys, so funds remain yours even when you’re trading with them. No one can reverse a transaction or freeze your account. Similarly, the exchange’s funds are all on the blockchain, totally transparently - so they can be audited by anyone, any time.

As I understand it the only way this could work is if when you deposit Bitcoin into CCEDK they give you a market pegged asset (BitBTC) in return on the BitShares blockchain. A UIA that represents BTC would become worthless if the exchange was goxxed.

Problems:
What if you deposit BTC and there is no BitBTC available to buy because no one is shorting it?
And what about for all the other altcoins where there is no volume to support a market pegged asset?
Also, what about the accusation that CCEDK as an exchange would then be operating on fractional reserves because they had to sell your BTC deposit for some derivative BitBTC that most maximalists dont want to believe even works?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Wow 8 exchanges is a lot! Eager to know hear more news about this.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Amazingly cool. I'm struggling to keep up with all the innovations around here!

You should see the ones waiting back in the CNX lab
in a concrete lockbox so BM can't spend time on them yet.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Grats. If CCEDK has a european E-Money license then this is pretty awesome as it means compliant fiat gateway tokens.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

38PTSWarrior

I knew it would be a walk in the park for him, woopwoop!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Amazingly cool. I'm struggling to keep up with all the innovations around here!

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
Unlike most exchanges, you control your own private keys, so funds remain yours even when you’re trading with them. No one can reverse a transaction or freeze your account. Similarly, the exchange’s funds are all on the blockchain, totally transparently - so they can be audited by anyone, any time.

whats the world coming too :)

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
very good news!

but is it OpenLedger, Openledger or Open Ledger? there are some typos on the website regarding the name I guess.

Yes, it's OpenLedger.  Half the screw ups were mine.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
I think it was a good time to drop the hint and will be happy to see more hints coming out.
Given the 1700GBP per ticket entry seems to make it pretty high profile. We might have some new partners and big fish swimming in the tank with us over the next few days... they probably havent even had time to research Bitshares at this point (conference still goes for another 2 hours) but i bet you its written down in a lot of notepads!!

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Not sure if it was common knowledge and i just missed it. But the Forbes article eludes to 8 exchanges being involved in Openledge's network, which is in effect the Bitshares network! only 3 listed on the slide so in my mind we have many more ground breaking announcements to come :)

Yes, many have yet to announce, but there are 8 in the pipeline I have had at least some contact with at various stages of maturity.  I guess BunkerDEX's long logo didn't fit on the viewgraph, but it should have been there...

We decided to reveal that hint early because of the high profile venue and Forbes coverage opportunity.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:37:48 pm by Stan »

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
Great, would love to see these slides, also in the last 10 minutes the online user count has jumped a bit. 154 online ATM.

if your guest and your reading get involved, make an account and join the conversation.