Author Topic: Statements from Delegates Supporting BitShares 2.0 by Running 0.9.3  (Read 11063 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
How does that make this an optional upgrade, as stated by bytemaster?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18480.msg237028.html#msg237028
you can downvote 0.9.3! delegates and have the chain continue ..

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

The following delegates we represent will be upgraded to 0.9.3:

minebts1.bunkermining-com
minebts2.bunkermining-com
minebts3.bunkermining-com
minebts4.bunkermining-com
minebts5.bunkermining-com
minebts6.bunkermining-com
minebitshares-reloaded

They will cease producing blocks for BitShares 1.0 at 9AM EST on Oct 13 2015

The following delegates will be taken OFFLINE and will no longer be operational on Oct 13 2015
www.minebitshares-com
www3.minebitshares-com

Delegates We Manage:

delegate.kencode
sollywood.sollars-com
delegate.rgcrypto

They will cease producing blocks for BitShares 1.0 at 9AM EST on Oct 13 2015
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline monsterer

This is why supporters of the upgrade should try to vote out every single 0.9.2 delegate before the 13th.  Doing that will make it a "pitchfork" rather than a plain and simple snapshot because the original chain will terminate by protocol and we'll jump to the new chain.

How does that make this an optional upgrade, as stated by bytemaster?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18480.msg237028.html#msg237028
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I would love somebody explains all scenarios....

If even only 5 delegates for example don't upgrade the chain will "survive"(?). So after the snapshot it will be still possible to sell BTS1.0 shares on the exchanges?  ???

Good question.

there is no minimum required participation rate in BTS1 IIRC

This is why supporters of the upgrade should try to vote out every single 0.9.2 delegate before the 13th.  Doing that will make it a "pitchfork" rather than a plain and simple snapshot because the original chain will terminate by protocol and we'll jump to the new chain.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

If even only 5 delegates for example don't upgrade the chain will "survive"(?). So after the snapshot it will be still possible to sell BTS1.0 shares on the exchanges?  ???

Good question.

so practically if exchanges don't take measures (freeze the market etc.) We will have the "opportunity" for a massive sell off ...

PS It will be disastrous for the reputation of an exchange if they don't stop/abandon bts1.0 market.... hope they are all informed  :)

Exchanges trade IOUs, shouldnt they be able to resume trading and then upgrade when they can? Maybe they can disable deposits and withdrawals temporarily if needed but they can resume trading within the exchange. It's just IOUs
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
i will make the upgrade and support it after I am more confident using the official testnet devshares2.0 client...
Imagine we must downgrade to 0.9.2 again at some point!!!

So please announce the devshares0.9.3 that will hard fork to devshares2.0 in 1 week for example from now @bytemaster

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18480.msg237020.html#msg237020

Offline monsterer

Not really .. since all assets are 1:1, we don't see a SNAPSHOT but a HARDFORK (kind of)

It's a snapshot. Plain and simple.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Good question.

so practically if exchanges don't take measures (freeze the market etc.) We will have the "opportunity" for a massive sell off ...

PS It will be disastrous for the reputation of an exchange if they don't stop/abandon bts1.0 market.... hope they are all informed  :)

Not really .. since all assets are 1:1, we don't see a SNAPSHOT but a HARDFORK (kind of) .. hence exchanges that do not upgrade their users will not be able to withdraw their funds ..

BTS2.0 is doing a PITCH FORK (read: hard fork) .. not a snapshot!!

What would it mean for the BTS market itself though?

All trades after the pitch fork will trade worthless tokens in a network that no one will honor .. (IMHO)

Offline spartako

• View Profile
spartako, spartako1 and spartako2 active delegates updated to 0.9.3 (see http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates)
and ready to produce 2.0 blocks at launch (active witness in previous test net)
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Now I am thinking about it again...
Have the exchanges the right to freeze the market for bts1.0? I don't' think so !!!!!
What if some customers don't want to make the transition to bts2.0? How can a exchange make a decision for them ?...

Offline monsterer

It'll be a massive double spending mess if exchanges do not disable their wallets before d-day.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Good question.

What would it mean for the BTS market itself though?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Good question.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Good question.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
*.xeroc will upgrade to 0.9.3 and cease producing blocks for BitShares 1.0 at 9AM EST on 13 OCT 2015
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 08:45:35 am by xeroc »