Author Topic: Best Quotes on The BlockChain EVER!!!  (Read 12546 times)

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
Quote: "The revolution will not be televised. It will be cryptographically time stamped on the block chain."

- Dominic Frisby

URL Reference: http://www.virgin.com/entrepreneur/how-bitcoin-tech-will-revolutionise-everything-from-email-to-governments

Offline yellowecho

"The blockchain is the alternative." - yellowecho

The alternative to what?
A simple statement that's hungry for inquiry.

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Global Political, Social & Economical Inclusion
Quote I: The point I am trying to make is that you do not escape the world of big corporates and big government by wishing for a trustless set of technologies that collectively resemble a technocratic crypto-sovereign. Rather, you use technology as a tool within ongoing political battles, and you maintain an ongoing critical outlook towards it. The concept of the decentralised blockchain is powerful. The cold, distrustful edge of cypherpunk, though, is only empowering when it is firmly in the service of creative warm-blooded human communities situated in the physical world of dirt and grime.

Perhaps this means de-emphasising the focus on how blockchains can be used to store digital assets or property, and focusing rather on those without assets. For example, think of the potential of blockchain voting systems, centralised vote-counting authorities are notorious sources of political anxiety in fragile countries. What if the ledger recording the votes cast was held by a decentralised network of citizens, with voters having a means to anonymously transmit votes to be stored on a publicly viewable database?

We do not want a future society free from people we have to trust, or one in which the most we can hope for is privacy. Rather, we want a world in which technology is used to dilute the power of those systems that cause us to doubt trust relationships. Screw escaping to Mars.

-- Brett Scott

URL Reference: http://www.e-ir.info/2014/06/01/visions-of-a-techno-leviathan-the-politics-of-the-bitcoin-blockchain/

The Technium
Quote II: On the blockchain, nobody knows you're a fridge.

--Richard Brown

Quote III: Each device is self-sufficient in managing itself, thus managing costs and resources on its own without involving recurring expenditures for maintenance. This uses edge-based cloud computing in a distributed environment, which means the devices on the edge of the network are connected together to form their own distributed cloud.

An important aspect of this distributed cloud is the lack of trust in individual nodes. With a centralized system, trust is easier, since a central agency manages all the devices and their identities and potentially weeds out the bad nodes. However, with potentially hundreds of billions of devices coming online, this is a next to impossible task. The core of this new approach is built upon the Block Chain, a model of distributed computing leveraging the architecture of BitCoin (without the financial component). Using the Block Chain we can implement the typical transaction processing work done by centralized data centers without any of the cost associated with those systems by using compute power generated by individual devices that would, in most cases, go to waste. These distributed, Block Chain-based services will run on new transport protocols as well.

it is the first time that devices can act in the financial markets completely independent of any human interference. An algorithm can generate its own wallet that enables it to trade with other algorithms. When these sit on top of things, it means everyday household and work items can in fact participate in financial dealings with one another and to the outside world

-- Paul Brody

URL Reference: http://www.coinsetter.com/bitcoin-news/2014/09/04/ibm-sees-bitcoin-blockchain-technology-in-internet-of-things-1461

Those are some awesome references.. especially the IBM one with Paul Brody.

I also love the meme... I miss Cobert.

Brownies are in your wallet!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregoryferenstein/2015/07/29/former-obama-tech-advisor-explains-how-bitcoin-could-transform-government-in-5-quotes/:

1. Bitcoin’s Tech Could Have Big Impact On The Most In Need
“Digital currencies have immense potential to improve human welfare by strengthening the capacity of governments to deliver more responsive services and secure the rights of their citizens to property, identity and increase financial inclusion…And because it is an open-source protocol for innovation, a wide range of services and products can be built by entrepreneurs and non-profits on top of it.”

2. Why Is Bitcoin More Than Currency?
“Digital currencies like bitcoin are the network of transactions. If you think bitcoin is just for money transfer, that’s like thinking the internet was only built for email – today we know that internet is used for so many more applications. The true innovation that bitcoin solved was the elimination of the “double-spend.”

3. Example 1: Banks
“More than 2 billion adults around the world do not have access to a bank account. Without a connection to the financial support services that typically accompany formal bank accounts, the unbanked have very limited access to the savings and borrowing mechanisms necessary to drive broad-based economic growth.”

4. Example 2: Security
“Today we practice a lot of authentication theatre. Your government issued identity, for example, starts out in a database of a government agency. It’s then printed out in the form of a social security card, driver’s license, birth certificate or passport…. $24 billion in identity theft occurs annually because corporations treat your social security number as a user name and a password.”

5. Are Senior Folks Taking It Seriously?
“Similar to CEOs of large companies and non-profits, I’ve found officials in governments around the world interested to learning about the technology and how they can apply it to address the social issues affecting people in their communities.”

Those are some awesome references!!

BROWNIES SENT!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline dichalcog3nid3

Global Political, Social & Economical Inclusion
Quote I: The point I am trying to make is that you do not escape the world of big corporates and big government by wishing for a trustless set of technologies that collectively resemble a technocratic crypto-sovereign. Rather, you use technology as a tool within ongoing political battles, and you maintain an ongoing critical outlook towards it. The concept of the decentralised blockchain is powerful. The cold, distrustful edge of cypherpunk, though, is only empowering when it is firmly in the service of creative warm-blooded human communities situated in the physical world of dirt and grime.

Perhaps this means de-emphasising the focus on how blockchains can be used to store digital assets or property, and focusing rather on those without assets. For example, think of the potential of blockchain voting systems, centralised vote-counting authorities are notorious sources of political anxiety in fragile countries. What if the ledger recording the votes cast was held by a decentralised network of citizens, with voters having a means to anonymously transmit votes to be stored on a publicly viewable database?

We do not want a future society free from people we have to trust, or one in which the most we can hope for is privacy. Rather, we want a world in which technology is used to dilute the power of those systems that cause us to doubt trust relationships. Screw escaping to Mars.

-- Brett Scott

URL Reference: http://www.e-ir.info/2014/06/01/visions-of-a-techno-leviathan-the-politics-of-the-bitcoin-blockchain/

The Technium
Quote II: On the blockchain, nobody knows you're a fridge.

--Richard Brown

Quote III: Each device is self-sufficient in managing itself, thus managing costs and resources on its own without involving recurring expenditures for maintenance. This uses edge-based cloud computing in a distributed environment, which means the devices on the edge of the network are connected together to form their own distributed cloud.

An important aspect of this distributed cloud is the lack of trust in individual nodes. With a centralized system, trust is easier, since a central agency manages all the devices and their identities and potentially weeds out the bad nodes. However, with potentially hundreds of billions of devices coming online, this is a next to impossible task. The core of this new approach is built upon the Block Chain, a model of distributed computing leveraging the architecture of BitCoin (without the financial component). Using the Block Chain we can implement the typical transaction processing work done by centralized data centers without any of the cost associated with those systems by using compute power generated by individual devices that would, in most cases, go to waste. These distributed, Block Chain-based services will run on new transport protocols as well.

it is the first time that devices can act in the financial markets completely independent of any human interference. An algorithm can generate its own wallet that enables it to trade with other algorithms. When these sit on top of things, it means everyday household and work items can in fact participate in financial dealings with one another and to the outside world

-- Paul Brody

URL Reference: http://www.coinsetter.com/bitcoin-news/2014/09/04/ibm-sees-bitcoin-blockchain-technology-in-internet-of-things-1461
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 06:02:41 pm by dichalcog3nid3 »
http://x.makerdao.com you may support my work by voting for WITNESS b33lz38v8

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregoryferenstein/2015/07/29/former-obama-tech-advisor-explains-how-bitcoin-could-transform-government-in-5-quotes/:

1. Bitcoin’s Tech Could Have Big Impact On The Most In Need
“Digital currencies have immense potential to improve human welfare by strengthening the capacity of governments to deliver more responsive services and secure the rights of their citizens to property, identity and increase financial inclusion…And because it is an open-source protocol for innovation, a wide range of services and products can be built by entrepreneurs and non-profits on top of it.”

2. Why Is Bitcoin More Than Currency?
“Digital currencies like bitcoin are the network of transactions. If you think bitcoin is just for money transfer, that’s like thinking the internet was only built for email – today we know that internet is used for so many more applications. The true innovation that bitcoin solved was the elimination of the “double-spend.”

3. Example 1: Banks
“More than 2 billion adults around the world do not have access to a bank account. Without a connection to the financial support services that typically accompany formal bank accounts, the unbanked have very limited access to the savings and borrowing mechanisms necessary to drive broad-based economic growth.”

4. Example 2: Security
“Today we practice a lot of authentication theatre. Your government issued identity, for example, starts out in a database of a government agency. It’s then printed out in the form of a social security card, driver’s license, birth certificate or passport…. $24 billion in identity theft occurs annually because corporations treat your social security number as a user name and a password.”

5. Are Senior Folks Taking It Seriously?
“Similar to CEOs of large companies and non-profits, I’ve found officials in governments around the world interested to learning about the technology and how they can apply it to address the social issues affecting people in their communities.”
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
"If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry." - Satoshi, to Bytemaster.

:)

Interesting trivia reference.. but leaves the billions still not understanding the blockchain.. sooooo

It had to be thrown in here. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

"Consensus technology has the power to do for economics what the internet did for information.

Consensus technology has the power to make governments irrelevant to the provision of law, courts, crime prevention, contract enforcement, voting, or any other so-called public good.

I am not claiming that governments will be overthrown or that people will vote them out of office, instead I mean to say that their rulings and opinions will be of no practical significance once superior consensus technologies are able to garner more influence and power through voluntary, nonviolent, entirely legal action than governments can wield at gunpoint.

Consensus technology can harness the combined power of all humanity to coordinate the discovery and aggregation of real-time knowledge previously unobtainable.   This knowledge can be used to more effectively coordinate the allocation of resources toward their most productive and valuable use.
" - Bytemaster https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2853.0

Replace consensus technology with the blockchain and you have some very enlightening points about what make blockchain technology important, and what we can accomplish with it.  I know this post was very instrumental in opening my eyes to the importance of the blockchain.  Most of these points could pretty easily be re written to have a more mainstream political slant.  Although I'm not gonna do it, cause attempting to teach people about the blockchain by quoting "puppies" would just be silly.

I can see now.. if doge had puppies.. we would be in some serious trouble.

BROWNIES are already in your wallet!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
"Consensus technology has the power to do for economics what the internet did for information.

Consensus technology has the power to make governments irrelevant to the provision of law, courts, crime prevention, contract enforcement, voting, or any other so-called public good.

I am not claiming that governments will be overthrown or that people will vote them out of office, instead I mean to say that their rulings and opinions will be of no practical significance once superior consensus technologies are able to garner more influence and power through voluntary, nonviolent, entirely legal action than governments can wield at gunpoint.

Consensus technology can harness the combined power of all humanity to coordinate the discovery and aggregation of real-time knowledge previously unobtainable.   This knowledge can be used to more effectively coordinate the allocation of resources toward their most productive and valuable use.
" - Bytemaster https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2853.0

Replace consensus technology with the blockchain and you have some very enlightening points about what make blockchain technology important, and what we can accomplish with it.  I know this post was very instrumental in opening my eyes to the importance of the blockchain.  Most of these points could pretty easily be re written to have a more mainstream political slant.  Although I'm not gonna do it, cause attempting to teach people about the blockchain by quoting "puppies" would just be silly.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

"If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry." - Satoshi, to Bytemaster.

Interesting trivia reference.. but leaves the billions still not understanding the blockchain.. sooooo

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

I actually like:

"The trade is the settlement"

(taken from t0.com)

Sounds interesting.. but doesn't help a newbie understand the blockchain at all... it would be more like.. OMG.. WTH are you talking about??!?! kinda result from that one.. sooo..

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

The image from Blythe Masters' article is good too ...

http://assets.bwbx.io/images/irGVsRUI8ODQ/v1/-1x-1.jpg

"We’re seeing the database world evolve into the same permissions and structures and designs as the programming world. We’ve got classes with methods on it and the data is kept private. That’s all a blockchain is and what this leads me to conclude is that in the future all web applications are going to be following a blockchain structure." - Dan Larimer

The blockchain is a decentralized system, with no single entity controlling it. The servers keeping its backbone upright are scattered across the globe, and for that reason the technology is transparent; everyone can see its anonymized data. It could also replace notaries, as every transaction is time stamped automatically and receives a unique ID. No exchange rates apply either, because cryptocurrencies are oblivious to borders. And because there are no intermediaries involved, monies are transferred instantly. Gideon Gottfried

"The blockchain as platform and ecosystem" - Manuel Lains & Christian Lains

Blockchain technology is a big fancy word that describes the act of recording events in a database. The database itself is referred to as the blockchain. Once data is added to the blockchain, it cannot be removed from the database or altered in any way. The blockchain therefore contains a verifiable record of history. - Will Long

A simple guide to teh blockchain ... (not a quote, but an entire ELI5 article!) http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-07/01/simple-guide-to-the-blockchain

Well done!

I had to give you DOUBLE Brownie points for this one!!

You can dance with them like your avatar now!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

If at first you don't succeed, try try again...

"This kind of divide is evident in my day to day interactions. I can have a meaningful conversation with those who really do know what is happening and how crypto-blockchain computing is going to change the landscape almost overnight. For those that haven’t had this realization, it is a long road to deprogramming their old ways of thinking. They are still in the Matrix."

- Jonathan Baha'i, President at Data Security Node Inc.

URL Reference: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bitshares-20-blockchain-could-have-prevented-ashley-madison-baha-i

Haha.. who is that guy?! :P

He makes a pretty good point though.. and what a well written article! :D

Brownies sent!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I actually like:

"The trade is the settlement"

(taken from t0.com)