Author Topic: Creating a ponzi for community  (Read 5872 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Sometimes I told you so... just doesn't seem to cut it.

Still think it's 'ok' ?

https://www.rt.com/usa/316232-pleads-guilty-bitcoin-ponzi/
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline phillyguy

I don't think discussion or user should be censored. The idea has been overwhelmingly shot down.....hopefully that's enough.

That's a good point. Shows our community's quick response time and attitude toward the kind of spam we are likely to see more of.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
No, lets ban the OP instead.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Please ban this user.

I think it's okay in this forum category. also, this community is intelligent enough not to use Ponzis.

:P
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
I don't think discussion or user should be censored. The idea has been overwhelmingly shot down.....hopefully that's enough.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Random Discussion
Time to get weird. If in doubt, it goes here.

this category is by definition not meant for serious business.

also, the weed discussion is still up in the forum management sub,  so far 3 no 1 yes - only 4 mods/admins participated so far.

as always, if you feel we should ban a topic, open a meta thread.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Please ban this user.

I think it's okay in this forum category. also, this community is intelligent enough not to use Ponzis.

I don't think it's just a matter of intelligence .. but a legal matter as well.

We didn't want 38warrior selling marijuana seeds on here because of legal ramifications in some countries.. ponzis likewise in many countries have legal ramifications.

I don't think we should ban the user.. but remove the thread with a warning of no ponzis. Given the recent attention we are now getting we are likely going to attract more of this from the crypto space.

This forum is hosted in the USA.. so could potentially be viewed as supporting ponzi schemes.. do we really want bitshares forum busted for ponzi scheme to be our next coindesk headline?

Bitcointalk has a full category for ponzis, and I think they're hosted in US too. so I'm not that concerned

maybe just a honeypot…
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Please ban this user.

We didn't want 38warrior selling marijuana seeds on here because of legal ramifications in some countries.. ponzis likewise in many countries have legal ramifications.

I don't think we should ban the user.. but remove the thread with a warning of no ponzis. Given the recent attention we are now getting we are likely going to attract more of this from the crypto space.

This forum is hosted in the USA.. so could potentially be viewed as supporting ponzi schemes.. do we really want bitshares forum busted for ponzi scheme to be our next coindesk headline?

Bitcointalk has a full category for ponzis, and I think they're hosted in US too. so I'm not that concerned

Weed is bad.. but known scams that are against the law in most countries are ok.. not concerned.. got it.

So much for attracting legitimate business.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Please ban this user.

Please ban this user.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

38PTSWarrior

Please ban this user.

Sry, I just woke up and saw that I lost 2M votes. Grumpy mofo me. This thread can create more negative stuff than 100 Cannabis ads :-D

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Go to nubits supporters if you want a great participation rate   :P

guess ethereum is more the place to create such ponzis .^^
https://ethereumpyramid.com/

</just kidding>
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Go to nubits supporters if you want a great participation rate   :P

Offline phillyguy

Our community is under scrutiny and review now more than ever. I don't think this game should be participated in.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
aliabbas572
I didn't knew people were such afraid here to spend pennies even. LOL  :D ;D

Anyways lets keep it rolling.

Let's not. 

All Ponzi schemes fail due to their nature.  Inevitably there will be losers and informed participation is tacit acceptance of the ultimate failure.  Anyone participating in one, unless forced, is morally reprehensible or stupid.  A ponzi's is not a game and represents the antithesis of what many in this community stand for.

Bitshares will be worth considerably more than pennies in the future.....i suspect that is the point of your 'game.'