Author Topic: Graphene GUI testing and feedback  (Read 38483 times)

Offline Riverhead

Re: Graphene GUI testing and feedback
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 07:42:14 pm »

When creating a new account if you hit enter after typing in the first password it goes to the dashbaord. The password works but it did not require verification.

Offline valzav

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 10:42:45 pm »
New version is published, please check it out https://graphene.bitshares.org
Hope it resolves most of the issues discussed in this topic today.

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 10:59:41 pm »
New version is published, please check it out https://graphene.bitshares.org
Hope it resolves most of the issues discussed in this topic today.

Cool thing about the Graphene-ui is that you don't need to bring it down to upgrade. Just git pull and it'll refresh itself :).

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 11:37:14 pm »
a log-out close wallet button ?  near lock wallet button maybe....
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 03:02:15 am »
On my ipad i can create an account and login but nothing works in the dashboard.. No links working
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 03:16:43 am »
On my ipad i can create an account and login but nothing works in the dashboard.. No links working
the browser must support html5, you can try chrome, it works good in my android phone.

Offline Thom

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 04:17:34 am »
I'm writing a VPS install script for graphene nodes and I'm not sure of the best way to handle the boost libs.

I don't plan to build any of the binaries on the VPS. I compile boost on a dev system from source, then afterwards compress the entire boost source hierarchy into a tarball (it's big, yeah I know) and run the "b2 install" after decompressing on it the VPS which installs the shared libs. From what I can tell, that approach still does some compiling and / or linking at install time, but it doesn't take nearly as long as starting from scratch. Still it's minutes not seconds.

The script installs all of the same packages required to compile everything from scratch, even if they're all not needed (tho I think most if not all are).

Once boost is built from source and "b2 install" is run can the boost/boost_1_57_0 folder hierarchy be removed?

Does the witness_node and cli_wallet binaries require anything from the boost tree or only from the shared libraries (/usr/local/lib/libboost*.so.1.57.0)? What about the gui out of curiosity?

Of course all this wouldn't be necessary if a binary package for the version graphene requires were available via apt-get, or I knew how to produce a .deb file from the boost build tree.

The idea of this effort is to start with a brand new VPS, copy a script and a big tarball to it and when it is done executing it will be a configured, secured node for a witness, seed or backbone node. It installs monitoring, packages, users, tools, optimizes inode caching, swaping etc. So far the script is 125 lines long and it's 95% complete.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 05:01:10 am »
I borrowed some USD and the collateral position for USD is displayed correctly in my account overview page.  But how do I cover it?  I can only see a UPDATE button next to the position.
http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 05:50:22 am »
the browser must support html5, you can try chrome, it works good in my android phone.
Ios 8.1 and safari which scores 405 out of 555 on html5test.com

Maybe it uses the web crypto api, web workers or web rtc all of which are not supported.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:52:15 am by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 06:09:39 am »
maybe because of feature 'Beacon'
you can open the javescript console to see what's wrong.
But I prefer to use chrome, the  scores of  html5 test is 521.

Ios 8.1 and safari which scores 405 out of 555 on html5test.com

Maybe it uses the web crypto api, web workers or web rtc all of which are not supported.

jakub

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2015, 07:32:20 am »
[member=11456]svk[/member], would you post a list of features that are still unimplemented but will be before Oct 13th.
This way we will know if something is a bug or work-in-progress.

E.g. I guess the market history list or switching between different chart periods does not work because it's unimplemented but that's only me guessing.

jakub

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2015, 07:38:46 am »
I'm writing a VPS install script for graphene nodes and I'm not sure of the best way to handle the boost libs.

I don't plan to build any of the binaries on the VPS. I compile boost on a dev system from source, then afterwards compress the entire boost source hierarchy into a tarball (it's big, yeah I know) and run the "b2 install" after decompressing on it the VPS which installs the shared libs. From what I can tell, that approach still does some compiling and / or linking at install time, but it doesn't take nearly as long as starting from scratch. Still it's minutes not seconds.

The script installs all of the same packages required to compile everything from scratch, even if they're all not needed (tho I think most if not all are).

Once boost is built from source and "b2 install" is run can the boost/boost_1_57_0 folder hierarchy be removed?

Does the witness_node and cli_wallet binaries require anything from the boost tree or only from the shared libraries (/usr/local/lib/libboost*.so.1.57.0)? What about the gui out of curiosity?

Of course all this wouldn't be necessary if a binary package for the version graphene requires were available via apt-get, or I knew how to produce a .deb file from the boost build tree.

The idea of this effort is to start with a brand new VPS, copy a script and a big tarball to it and when it is done executing it will be a configured, secured node for a witness, seed or backbone node. It installs monitoring, packages, users, tools, optimizes inode caching, swaping etc. So far the script is 125 lines long and it's 95% complete.

[member=21490]Thom[/member], I guess you meant to post it in the other thread, right?

jakub

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2015, 09:18:34 am »
Also, I wonder what is the idea behind being able to link other people's accounts and then have the option of trying to do some actions (e.g. trading, voting or updating collateral positions) on their behalf?
The system is clearly protected against such actions (you get the "failed to broadcast transaction" error message) but why does the GUI even allow attempting such actions?

Again, I guess these features are still work-in-progress but a clarification from the devs what the final goal is would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:31:29 am by jakub »

Offline svk

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2015, 09:44:44 am »
[member=11456]svk[/member], would you post a list of features that are still unimplemented but will be before Oct 13th.
This way we will know if something is a bug or work-in-progress.

E.g. I guess the market history list or switching between different chart periods does not work because it's unimplemented but that's only me guessing.

Yea we're still waiting on a market history api call in the client, it gets populated with transactions that happen while you're in the exchange but for now we have no way to fetch the market history.

The charts also work in the frontend but the api call is broken, been waiting on them to fix it for a while now but I guess it's low priority.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline svk

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2015, 09:48:30 am »
Also, I wonder what is the idea behind being able to link other people's accounts and then have the option of trying to do some actions (e.g. trading, voting or updating collateral positions) on their behalf?
The system is clearly protected against such actions (you get the "failed to broadcast transaction" error message) but why does the GUI even allow attempting such actions?

Again, I guess these features are still work-in-progress but a clarification from the devs what the final goal is would be much appreciated.

You'll eventually be able to use the proposed transaction operation in order to propose a transaction for other accounts, but this is currently not implemented in the GUI. Basically you'll pay a higher than standard fee in order propose a transaction done by someone else, eg I can propose that you transfer 1 million BTS to me, and it will be up to you to accept or reject that transfer.

BM wanted to have all transaction operations visible everywhere like it is now but tbh I would've preferred restricting them and having a separate interface for proposed transactions, TBD I guess.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks