Author Topic: Graphene GUI testing and feedback  (Read 131388 times)

Offline sircodealot

• View Profile
If the decentralized OpenLedger exchange assumes a "transaction" means placing an order onto the ledger/orderbook  and, subsequently, incurs a fee, this is grossly unfair.  Within any centralized exchange, there is no fee to place an order, execution of an order is when a fee is incurred.  This is how OpenLedger or any decentralized exchange should work at default.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Within OpenLedger you can cancel an order that has NOT yet been transacted, but a fee has already occurred.  I assumed that when I cancelled the order from the orderbook, the transaction fee would be returned.  It does not.  I think you agree, that is wrong or is a bug that needs to be fixed.

While we cannot have the fee be absolutely zero for a cancelled order because it would allow peopel to spam the blockchain, I think the total fee for a cancelled transaction should be like 0.1 BTS.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline sircodealot

• View Profile
Within OpenLedger you can cancel an order that has NOT yet been transacted, but a fee has already occurred.  I assumed that when I cancelled the order from the orderbook, the transaction fee would be returned.  It does not.  I think you agree, that is wrong or is a bug that needs to be fixed. 

Offline svk

Why does OpenLedger not return the transaction fee when the transaction is cancelled.  This is frankly wrong.  I would expect transaction fees to be returned when there has been NO transaction.  This is almost equivalent to theft.

Is everyone OK with this??????

What do you mean cancelled transactions? No transaction, no fee.. Only thing you can cancel is market orders and that's free to do, however placing an order always has a fee associated.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline svk

In the exchange.  For example the USD:BTS market.  (Its listed as USDvsBTS).   On the actual trading page its listed as BTS/USD. 

This is very confusing, as every market on the planet will list trading pairs the other way around, like  USD:BTS not BTS/USD. Where the first asset is the Base( the asset your buying/selling) and the second asset is the quote(the price of each base unit)

I recommend using the colon ' : ' as to not confuse the two

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/currencypair.asp

I just kept this the same way as it is in BTS 1 but I agree with your points, I'll add it when I find the time.

The BTS1 markets page have it correctly listed.  It is backwards in BTS2.   I wish i was more familiar with the code as this would be an easy thing to fix myself.  Thanks.  : )

Right you are, not sure how I got that one wrong tbh, I distinctly remember looking at the BTS 1 wallet when doing this :o Oh well like you say it's an easy one to fix :)

Offline betax

• View Profile
looks like graphene.bitshares.org / light wallet died.

not sure if it's connected, but I just imported my main keys + tried to claim balances

Fav you are trying to collect vesting balances again, just untick those and should be ok. (It took me a while to figure it out)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline sircodealot

• View Profile
Why does OpenLedger not return the transaction fee when the transaction is cancelled.  This is frankly wrong.  I would expect transaction fees to be returned when there has been NO transaction.  This is almost equivalent to theft.

Is everyone OK with this??????

Xeldal

In the exchange.  For example the USD:BTS market.  (Its listed as USDvsBTS).   On the actual trading page its listed as BTS/USD. 

This is very confusing, as every market on the planet will list trading pairs the other way around, like  USD:BTS not BTS/USD. Where the first asset is the Base( the asset your buying/selling) and the second asset is the quote(the price of each base unit)

I just kept this the same way as it is in BTS 1 but I agree with your points, I'll add it when I find the time.

The BTS1 markets page have it correctly listed.  It is backwards in BTS2.   I wish i was more familiar with the code as this would be an easy thing to fix myself.  Thanks.  : )

jakub

Wouldn't it be useful if the market history chart in the GUI showed two things at the same time:
(1) the history of trades happening on the BTS blockchain (as it does now)
(2) the history of settlement price (i.e. the average of price feeds supplied by the witnesses)

This way we would achieve two benefits:
(1) You won't have to refer to sites like Poloniex to see the full history and the chart won't look so empty as it does now
(2) It will be clearly visible that the market peg holds as the blockchain trades will (hopefully) be aligned along the settlement price

Offline svk

Xeldal

Offline Pheonike

One critic is that the witness, committee boxes are too big. I shouldn't have to scroll to see  all 35 witnesses on a 24" monitor.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 07:15:50 am by Pheonike »

Offline svk

This Graphene GUI doesn't seem ready yet. seems very buggy. I think the 2.0 launch should be cancelled personally.

What parts in particular do you feel are buggy and not ready?

Offline svk

https://graphene.bitshares.org/#/markets  There seems to be a bit of a mess.

Please be more specific, it's working fine last I checked