Author Topic: Graphene GUI testing and feedback  (Read 131908 times)

Offline svk

@svk @valzav

Why is the trade button not working in Chrome now?

aka one cannot get to any market?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Weird, it should either take you to your latest market or if you don't have one to the Markets overview. Try typing the market you want directly or going to Explore -> Markets
when in markets it does not respond!...so I can not type anything.

and refresh or close/reopen does not resolve it, either

will restart the computer itself....

I just tested in Safari and Firefox on my Mac (because I'd never used them to access the site before) and it's working fine here.

Anyone else having issues like tony's?

If they persist, could you tell me what's in the Chrome console pls? (Right click on the page then choose Inspect)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
@svk @valzav

aka one cannot get to any market?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Weird, it should either take you to your latest market or if you don't have one to the Markets overview. Try typing the market you want directly or going to Explore -> Markets
when in markets it does not respond!...so I can not type anything.

and refresh or close/reopen does not resolve it, either

will restart the computer itself....
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:20:31 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline svk

@svk @valzav

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
@svk @valzav

Why is the trade button not working in Chrome now? {From outside 'Trade' redirects to last market, from inside does nothing}

Why does the latest release has to render the whole wallet useless???
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:17:27 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

jakub

trying to buy UIA, nothing's happening when I click on buy... light wallet
Do other things work?
If not, you might be the victim of this bug related to the depth chart - it makes the GUI unresponsive.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19632.msg251932.html#msg251932

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
trying to buy UIA, nothing's happening when I click on buy... light wallet

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

I suggest putting a thin line border around the chart and other sections on the trade page. The kind on border you have around titles in table views.  I think this would look better than having different color backgrounds.

I would be hesitant to start trying to fine tune aesthetics before we've handled the usability issues.  However, the gray background is problematic, especially the lighter gray background behind the order book which is making it more difficult to view the values (especially the price).  A black background will provide greater contrast and therefore easier readability. 

Offline tbone

• View Profile
I'd like to see a quick way to get back to the trade page you last had open. 

Yes!  We're making progress, but this issue is causing a real lack of grounding in the UI, leaving users feeling lost and/or stuck.  The solution is two-fold.  First, although Open Ledger is technically a wallet, it is marketed as an exchange.  Therefore, when the user clicks the "Trade" main menu item, the trading page should appear with the last viewed market visible (perhaps this page should even be the default page visible upon login).  This alone will go a LONG way, I really cannot emphasize this enough.  By the way, to manage favorite markets now, simply add a link to it on the trade page. 

Speaking of managing favorite markets, this seriously needs work.  Please take a cue from the Poloniex UI on this one.  Instead of the "add/subtract" paradigm (which really isn't working anyway), please put a check box next to each market so users can select (or deselect) markets as favorites.  Then have a check box at the top that says "show favorites only" and make it selected by default.  Deselecting it should make ALL available markets visible.  Don't worry about there being too many markets.  Poloniex lists hundreds of coins.  Plus we can just provide a working way to narrow them down (by base asset) AND sort them (by quoted asset, base asset, volume, etc).  We should also consider having a check box at the top that says something like "hide inverted markets" to limit the list to only one version of each pair.  Perhaps let that default version use the paired asset with greater liquidity as the base. 

Also, some on this forum have asked for this page to show last price, 24h price change, and 24h volume.  I agree.  And I'll point out that you can make more space for those columns by having the table span the entire page left to right, while moving the search criteria fields into a narrow band at the top.  I would also reduce the row height so we can view more markets on the page (please also reduce row height in the list of markets on the trade page). 

The last thing I would request you add to this is a way to move markets up and down in the list of selected favorites.   This way we can have our most favorite markets at the top.  If we can add that along with the other modifications described above, it's going to make a WORLD of difference.

Thanks!

Offline CalabiYau

upgraded to the latest "BitShares-light_2.0.151027.exe"  (WIN7/64) 

I see all accounts & balances on the dashboard, but no access to any, no reaction if I type on an account.   Switching Trade/Dashboard/Explore works mostly. New blocks are indicated.

if it gets stuck - reload button is a blessing !

Offline tbone

• View Profile
@svk: The chart still has some real issues.  I recall Xeldal pointed some of these issues out, so I apologize if my list overlaps his:

1. The OHLC bars should be the same width as the volume bars. 

2. The vertical line of the crosshairs should be snapped to the bars as you move left and right.  That is working correctly.  On the other hand, the horizontal line should move up and down freely.  Currently that is not working, rendering this important functionality completely useless. 

3. The zoom slider at the bottom of the chart does not work.  The right end of it is not grabbable at all.  The left side is grabbable, but you can only slide it part of the way toward the right side before it automatically snaps back into it's original position.  You're also supposed to be able to slide the whole bar left and right, but that's not working.

4.  Please rename chart periods with single letter, lower-case abbreviations so they are more distinguishable. 

difficult to read:   1D | 4hrs | 1HR | 30MIN | 15MIN | 5MIN | 1MIN | 15S

easier to read:         1d  |  4h  |  1h  |  30m  |  15m  |  5m  |  1m  |  15s

5.  I know you stowed the chart periods in a settings cog to save space...but it's much more desirable to have the periods visible because a) that makes it much easier to see what period you're viewing, b) it's much easier to switch between periods.  I would make all of the periods visible as there is plenty of space if you just move the time, open, high, low, close, volume figures up a little.  Speaking of which, those figures are currently very difficult to read.  Below is an example of how it can be improved. 

difficult to read:     T:10/23/2015, 8:00:00AM   O:0.00001500   H:0.00001500   L:0.00001425   C:0.00001430   V:600,000

easier to read:     T: 10/23/2015, 8:00:00AM   O: 0.00001500   H: 0.00001500   L: 0.00001425   C: 0.00001430   V: 600,000

Thanks!

I noticed some nice modifications yesterday:  1) time, open, high, low, close, and volume figures are now easier to distinguish, 2) chart period choices are now easier to distinguish, 3) orders in order book are now properly color coded (red for sells, green for buys), 4) prices with leading zeroes in both market history and the order book are much easier to read now that the value after the leading zeroes is highlighted. 5) chart zoom slider now works as it should, 6) horizontal crosshair on chart now moves freely, as it should. 

These modifications really make a difference.  Of course, there are still some outstanding trading UI issues that need to be addressed and I will provide further feedback along with a few others continuing to do so on this thread.  But I also wanted to thank svk et. al. for their continued efforts toward making this a UI befitting the best blockchain on the planet!

Xeldal

Sometimes market loading is so slow. I am not sure it's my own problem or everyone's.

For the most part they load pretty quick for me.  However, switching from BTS:USD to BTS:BTC  from the market select box in lower right, the new market doesn't load.  the depth graph and orderbook continue to display prices in BTS:USD.  It probably happens with other markets, this is just the one i saw.

The market history in this case produces values from who knows where.  or there precision is off. IDK RED BOX
theres also a time format error that I see all the time BLUE ARROW
It looks like its loading the precision from BTS:BTC but using the data from BTS:USD
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 06:55:23 pm by Xeldal »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Sometimes market loading is so slow. I am not sure it's my own problem or everyone's.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Xeldal

I'd like to see a quick way to get back to the trade page you last had open.  Often I find myself switching to the dashboard or explore tab and switching back to Trade tab only to have to search though the list again to find where i was.  Maybe at the top have a selection for last market

Also, the account selection drop down in Trade does not scroll.  If you have many accounts often you have to go back to the dashboard, select the account you want and then return to the Trade page.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
For me, 151030 version takes forever to load market data. (no price chart shown, no orders shown)
After clean reinstall, it works smoothly
delegate-clayop

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
For me, 151030 version takes forever to load market data. (no price chart shown, no orders shown)
delegate-clayop