Author Topic: NOTE value after snapshot  (Read 16596 times)

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
I know I am changing the subject (slightly), but the decision to have museUSD will be the main contributor why the whole MUSE block chain fails.

so even if museUSD would never launched/used you still thing the MUSE block chain would fail?
Would you prefer it to coexist on bts2.0 as a token without the need of a new chain birth and all the power of our bitAssets?

No, all am saying is that museUSD is a stupidity of such a proportion, that it will lead to Muse failing not matter what else is done.

too bad you dont even give a Brief and logical explanation of what might hurt the Project using museUSD

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What is MuseUSD?
MuseUSD is the bitUSD in the MUSE chain backed by MUSE (sharedropped on NOTE) ... got it?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I know I am changing the subject (slightly), but the decision to have museUSD will be the main contributor why the whole MUSE block chain fails.

so even if museUSD would never launched/used you still thing the MUSE block chain would fail?
Would you prefer it to coexist on bts2.0 as a token without the need of a new chain birth and all the power of our bitAssets?

No, all am saying is that museUSD is a stupidity of such a proportion, that it will lead to Muse failing not matter what else is done.
lol tony
You have the time to make bold claims and chat back and forth but not the time to summarize your argument.
In most cases: If something can not be expressed / summarized in a few sentences there often is no substance to it.

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Forgive the ignorance, but.

What is MuseUSD?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
I have the feeling that NOTEs will become "worthless" after museUSD launched.

What are your thoughts on that?

There will be long discussions after the fact;  with 'smart' people stating their opinions "why that happen to such a great project" [of course the smarty's will be using random things observed in the meanwhile]

But you have heard it here first - it will have failed, because of the decision to have museUSD !
Other factors will work for, as well as against it, but keeping this choice is definitely the killer feature :)... literally.

10-08-20015

Can you explain how and why you think that will cause it to fail?  Thanks.

Sorry to be a wet blanket.  Writing a description for this thing for general audiences is bloody hard.  There's nothing to relate it to. You either get it or  not.
 I am sorry but I do not have  time to explain.

--------------------
PS.
and yes, smartass  it is 2015 .  Like you never typed an extra character....idiots.

Well, thank you for gracing us with a tiny bit of your lofty wisdom, and I am sorry we don't merit any more of your valuable time. While I was genuinely curious about your thoughts, I guess I am relieved now that I won't need to shoulder the painful burden of genius required to comprehend them.
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

There will be long discussions after the fact;  with 'smart' people stating their opinions "why that happen to such a great project" [of course the smarty's will be using random things observed in the meanwhile]

But you have heard it here first - it will have failed, because of the decision to have museUSD !
Other factors will work for, as well as against it, but keeping this choice is definitely the killer feature :)... literally.

10-08-20015

Sorry to be a wet blanket.  Writing a description for this thing for general audiences is bloody hard.  There's nothing to relate it to. You either get it or  not.
 I am sorry but I do not have  time to explain.

--------------------
PS.
and yes, smartass  it is 2015 .  Like you never typed an extra character....idiots.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:57:08 am by tonyk »

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile

10-08-20015

A bold prediction. I too am curious what your reasons are?

10-08-20015
Does this mean that you aren't worried about a problem occuring for at least 18,000 years  :P
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

10-08-20015

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

10-08-2015

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:56:49 am by tonyk »

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
museUSD will be backed by MUSE .. fees are payed/burned in MUSE (finally)

Thats a better value proposition than bitcoin! Satisfied?

so do you say NOTE will become MUSE?

Yes. This is how it works:

After the MUSE chain is launched, you will download and install the new MUSE wallet. Then, you will import your private keys from your BitShares wallet (which contains your NOTES). This will unlock (from the MUSE genesis block) 1 MUSE for each 1 NOTE that you own.

Then, the BitShares 1.0 blockchain will die/become irrelevant, and the NOTE UIA on this old chain will be worthless. So in a way, you are correct. The NOTE on BitShares 1.0 will be worthless, once the value is transferred to MUSE.

After this, MUSE value will likely increase, since the utility of the MUSE core asset is much greater than the utility of the NOTE on bts 1.0, which was really just a placeholder so that people could begin trading and speculating.

Perfect answer right there!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile

After the MUSE chain is launched, you will download and install the new MUSE wallet. Then, you will import your private keys from your BitShares wallet (which contains your NOTES). This will unlock (from the MUSE genesis block) 1 MUSE for each 1 NOTE that you own.

Then, the BitShares 1.0 blockchain will die/become irrelevant, and the NOTE UIA on this old chain will be worthless. So in a way, you are correct. The NOTE on BitShares 1.0 will be worthless, once the value is transferred to MUSE.

After this, MUSE value will likely increase, since the utility of the MUSE core asset is much greater than the utility of the NOTE on bts 1.0, which was really just a placeholder so that people could begin trading and speculating.

thank you!

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile

- Cicero

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:12:36 pm by Marky0001 »