Author Topic: BitShares 2 Release Coordination Thread  (Read 47650 times)

Offline twitter

• View Profile
updated and published new  price feed under new configure

Code: [Select]

discount                 = 0.995
core_exchange_factor     = 1.05 # 5% surplus if paying fees in bitassets
maintenance_collateral_ratio = 1750 #Call when collateral only pays off 175% the debt
maximum_short_squeeze_ratio      = 1100 # Stop calling when collateral only pays off 110% $

minValidAssetPriceInBTC  = 0.00001
change_min               = 0.5

wackou, bue, harvey-xts, delegate.ihashfury, datasecuritynode, bts-bitshares-argentina, fox

Please update to 110% if you like your witness positions....it is way too many hours now.

especially @wackou, and @bue

Update: If you have done it but have not been in the active list since, please post here.
witness:

Offline wackou

oh ok, thanks for the explanation. Well, I'm not using xeroc's script but my own, and haven't caught up yet on all that happened and the fine tunings that I should implement (I am currently stumped by a mem leak that I have in my tools that's sucking all my energy to track :-\ )

I will temporarily stop publishing feeds then and will fix them in the coming days.
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline roadscape

It's in reference to the SQP (maximum_short_squeeze_ratio) variable of price feeds..
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18852.msg246398.html#msg246398 (a lot of details in earlier posts)
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19102.0.html

The default value is thought to be too high for the market in its current state.. setting it to something like 1100 helps stop margin calls.
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
@wackou @bue

Get the latest script version from github.  Change the config file for line

maximum_short_squeeze_ratio      = 1100

If you need futher info, please come to the witness telegram channel or slack group. Most witnesses are there to help.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
wackou, bue, harvey-xts, delegate.ihashfury, datasecuritynode, bts-bitshares-argentina, fox

Please update to 110% if you like your witness positions....it is way too many hours now.

Update: If you have done it but have not been in the active list since, please post here.

I am not sure what you mean exactly... Do you want us to update the core exchange rate in the published feeds to be 10% higher than the external feed (instead of the 5% it is now)?

No.  There are other parameters in your feed updates other than the price ratio.  The MSSR determines the price at which margin called short positions will be forced to buy to cover.  Initially I believe that was set to 150%, and now most witnesses have it at 110%.  Having it at 150% caused serious problems as you may have seen.

Offline twitter

• View Profile

I am not sure what you mean exactly... Do you want us to update the core exchange rate in the published feeds to be 10% higher than the external feed (instead of the 5% it is now)?
same ask
witness:

Offline wackou

Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

FYI, only active witnesses can provide price feeds.  datasecuritynode has changed his feed script but not able to provide feed because he was temporary voted out of the active list (possibly because of the recent fork).  delegate.ihashfury was an active and contributing witness but he was temporary voted out too.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:11:41 pm by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:09:43 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

spartako, delegate.IHashFury and DataSecurityNode during the minor fork have lost many votes for killing the fork.

I hope we can get these votes again because we recovered in less then an hour our nodes.
(spartako is anyway in the current active list because has 20M votes).

Yes.. it was particularly frustrating last night when witness feeds needed updating and I couldn't do anything to help because all my efforts to update didn't count being voted out.

I was away from a computer for 2hrs and as soon I saw something had happened got the update.

Ah well growing pains.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
I would think, it is kind unfair to the witnesses when they get punished for forks that happen due to network code and bugs. After all, they fixed those issues within a very short timeframe. It's a different story when a witness stays on a fork for days and continues to miss blocks.
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline spartako

• View Profile
spartako, delegate.IHashFury and DataSecurityNode during the minor fork have lost many votes for killing the fork.

I hope we can get these votes again because we recovered in less then an hour our nodes.
(spartako is anyway in the current active list because has 20M votes).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 12:09:17 pm by spartako »
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Got several lines of red messages like this one on the seed node. And then it crashed.

2896541ms th_a       fork_database.cpp:51          push_block           ] Pushing block to fork database that failed to link: 000163c506a2394a3bff81ef8bb132aca3208a3a, 91077
2896541ms th_a       fork_database.cpp:52          push_block           ] Head: 91387, 000164fbf83d3e90b2bb69c05e38d31c9ffd42c2
2896544ms th_a       application.cpp:477           handle_block         ] Error when pushing block:
3080000 unlinkable_block_exception: unlinkable block
block does not link to known chain
    {}
    th_a  fork_database.cpp:72 _push_block

{"new_block":{"previous":"000163c4d902d1b8f9922112b51fda3aa97342e4","timestamp":"2015-10-16T20:17:03","witness":"1.6.45","transaction_merkle_root":"0000000000000000000000000000000000000000","extensions":[],"witness_signature":"1f6b7201f5ec0d128842872188c1d624d96af34a05a75445f145a973c9c25f79cf4fc3993a967ffb905f18e00edd8a3d2db1fbd29fa38ed532297530d66f722cf5","transactions":[]}}
    th_a  db_block.cpp:191 _push_block
witness_node: /home/emski/bitshares2/bitshares-2/libraries/net/node.cpp:1605: void graphene::net::detail::node_impl::schedule_peer_for_deletion(const peer_connection_ptr&): Assertion `_closing_connections.find(peer_to_delete) == _closing_connections.end()' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Votes badly needed Please :)

get_witness delegate.kencode
{
  "id": "1.6.47",
  "witness_account": "1.2.35917",
  "last_aslot": 0,
  "signing_key": "BTS82YPKCWM8RuJQAThHUouwJ4igzG7nwjQffLrxdTmRB9GiMmEe8",
  "vote_id": "1:58",
  "total_votes": 0,
  "url": "http://BitShares-Munich.de",
  "total_missed": 0,
  "last_confirmed_block_num": 0
}
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

iHashFury

Disappointed I lost my witness position. I have removed myself from Telegram Bitshares_Witnesses and Slack.

Seeds, feed and witness nodes are still up and running.  ;)