Author Topic: Proxy: fav - Journal  (Read 88845 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
if there's no official thread on the purpose of worker init0 I will reject it within 24 hours.

We need to establish a certain standard and that means at least an official proposal for workers.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline Thom

@fav, I think you should modify your OP to include the "witness settings" you expect witnesses to follow.

those settings are communicated by witness consensus in the witness telegram channel. also, the telegram bot displays current settings :)

I don't understand fav. The commands in spartako's bot don't list parameters (witness settings). Here are the list of commands:

/help
/price
/missed
/monitor
/stopmonitor
/listmonitor
/status
/feed
/slots
/setslot
/rmslot

These control the bot and the info you get from it, they say nothing about such things as "short squeeze" setting.

Not only that, but you didn't address the point about having those settings / criteria made public so everyone will know what specific criteria YOU are basing your votes on.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
@fav, I think you should modify your OP to include the "witness settings" you expect witnesses to follow.

those settings are communicated by witness consensus in the witness telegram channel. also, the telegram bot displays current settings :)

Offline Thom

If I show up on your "24 hour unvote warning" I'd like to have a clue what caused it.

It also helps non-witnesses so they know the criteria you use for inclusion / exclusion.

I expect as time goes on the witnesses will converge on the "right" parameters their nodes should operate under. Your efforts are great at getting us there. +5%

There will be other, deeper levels of operation that will be refined as time goes by, like when we get the backbone system implemented (calling @wackou) and higher degrees of failover support, statistics monitoring and the like in place. We should be encouraging and not too quick to "oust" a witness for their adoption / implementation of new agreed upon "settings". That agreement is not a formal process but rather informal as witnesses communicate and get up to speed on whatever the "new" thingy is.

All in all I think things are progressing fairly well. Getting parameters like the "short squeeze" setting moved up to a more appropriate level of decision makers so as to keep the role of witnesses non-political won't happen quickly, so IMO that particular setting should not be a criteria for inclusion or exclusion.

Minimizing response time to missed blocks and alerts is very important IMO but one or two instances aren't enough data to decide the quality of a witness' service; that is a metric which gets better as more samples are taken.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts I had. Hopefully they're helpful.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Riverhead

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
This proxy wittness monitoring is so incredible valuable! Thanks fav!  +5% +5% +5%

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
fox is not following current witness settings. Deleting my vote in 24 hours

he contacted me - and adjusted the settings. so no un-voting :)

thanks @Fox

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Nice job fav.  Very engaged.  Open and honest about reasoning.  So far I think this is a wonderful model for potential proxies to follow.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
fox is not following current witness settings. Deleting my vote in 24 hours

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
wackou old 148.878.226,17887 - wackou new after my vote 159.937.469,85653 BTS

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
wackou is stable now, voted again

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
added wackou to watch list, looks like they fixed their witness. I'll monitor their performance for 24 hours and vote again
What exactly do you monitor ?
If you need more diversity you may add my witness :
(get_witness emski
{
  "id": "1.6.36",
  "witness_account": "1.2.5568",
})

What I offer is acceptable performance, acceptable response rate (updates), sufficient hardware & bandwidth (at least for now), seed node (not sure why it wasn't included in default seed nodes) . Reference for this statement are my delegates record from bitshares 1.0 .

emski added to waiting list.

I'm monitoring if there are further issues with feed publication

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
added wackou to watch list, looks like they fixed their witness. I'll monitor their performance for 24 hours and vote again
What exactly do you monitor ?
If you need more diversity you may add my witness :
(get_witness emski
{
  "id": "1.6.36",
  "witness_account": "1.2.5568",
})

What I offer is acceptable performance, acceptable response rate (updates), sufficient hardware & bandwidth (at least for now), seed node (not sure why it wasn't included in default seed nodes) . Reference for this statement are my delegates record from bitshares 1.0 .

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile