Author Topic: Importing Wallet using bitshares.openledger.info web wallet  (Read 2954 times)

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit

Thanks very much svk.  I've done these imports now, that all seemed to work well.

I also want to import the private key that I exported from the old web wallet. But in OpenLedger, when I try "Import Keys" and point to that file in the box where it asks for the BTS 1.0 Key Export File, it yields an error "JSON Parse Error: Unrecognized token '\' ". So I guess its a different format, and a different method for importing the old web wallet key?

Also, when I try to Create Backup, when I hit the Download button, it just seems to open a new blank tab on my browser (Safari) and I am unsure if it has actually downloaded anything...?

Thanks.

I don't know if this link helps... http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html

About the backup downloading, you just need to check your Downloads folder, its a .bin file.

Hi folks. Anybody else have an answer to these?
Also, when I imported my keys into OpenLedger, it did not find or import the NOTES. I assume this is by design, and that when the MUSE chain is launched, it will find the NOTES on those keys?

You are right, its by design. When MUSE is out we will import the 0.9.3c export again. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18752.msg248250.html#msg248250
Thanks for the suggestions chryspano. Currently having another issue loading OpenLedger, will let you know it it goes once I sort this out. :-(

chryspano

Thanks very much svk.  I've done these imports now, that all seemed to work well.

I also want to import the private key that I exported from the old web wallet. But in OpenLedger, when I try "Import Keys" and point to that file in the box where it asks for the BTS 1.0 Key Export File, it yields an error "JSON Parse Error: Unrecognized token '\' ". So I guess its a different format, and a different method for importing the old web wallet key?

Also, when I try to Create Backup, when I hit the Download button, it just seems to open a new blank tab on my browser (Safari) and I am unsure if it has actually downloaded anything...?

Thanks.

I don't know if this link helps... http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html

About the backup downloading, you just need to check your Downloads folder, its a .bin file.

Also, when I imported my keys into OpenLedger, it did not find or import the NOTES. I assume this is by design, and that when the MUSE chain is launched, it will find the NOTES on those keys?

You are right, its by design. When MUSE is out we will import the 0.9.3c export again. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18752.msg248250.html#msg248250

Offline starspirit

• View Profile
Please forgive the simple (stupid?) questions, I've not had the chance to keep up with the forum the last couple of months.

I had 4 different account names to now, 3 in my desktop client, and one in the online wallet, and I have exported keys now from both wallets (using 0.9.3c for the desktop client).
Now I want to put everything in the new web wallet, which I assume is OpenLedger.
The main thing I'm unsure about is whether I need to combine everything under a single account name, or whether I can retain the separate account names going forward.
In OpenLedger, to create an account, it is asking me for an account name. Should I choose one of my existing account names, and is that my only account going forward? Once I've created the account, and import my keys, will the token holdings then fall under separate account names in OpenLedger, or be combined?
I've seen this link http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html#web-wallet, but it seems to presume I know these answers already. So please don't just sen me that link.
Thanks.

Since you already have account names that you want to keep you do not need to create a new account. Click on "Existing Account" instead, create a new wallet with a good password, then import the keys from your old accounts. That wallet will then contain those accounts, and they'll be separate. You can choose to import all balances from those accounts to a single account however, or not as you prefer.

Thanks.

Offline starspirit

• View Profile
Please forgive the simple (stupid?) questions, I've not had the chance to keep up with the forum the last couple of months.

I had 4 different account names to now, 3 in my desktop client, and one in the online wallet, and I have exported keys now from both wallets (using 0.9.3c for the desktop client).
Now I want to put everything in the new web wallet, which I assume is OpenLedger.
The main thing I'm unsure about is whether I need to combine everything under a single account name, or whether I can retain the separate account names going forward.
In OpenLedger, to create an account, it is asking me for an account name. Should I choose one of my existing account names, and is that my only account going forward? Once I've created the account, and import my keys, will the token holdings then fall under separate account names in OpenLedger, or be combined?
I've seen this link http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html#web-wallet, but it seems to presume I know these answers already. So please don't just sen me that link.
Thanks.

Since you already have account names that you want to keep you do not need to create a new account. Click on "Existing Account" instead, create a new wallet with a good password, then import the keys from your old accounts. That wallet will then contain those accounts, and they'll be separate. You can choose to import all balances from those accounts to a single account however, or not as you prefer.

Thanks.

Offline svk

Thanks.

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline starspirit

• View Profile

Thanks.

Offline testz

Hi,

It look like bitshares.openledger.info don't have "Import Keys" as mention in
http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html

What am I missing?

You should create empty wallet first, look for button "Create Wallet"

Offline mostar

• View Profile
Hi,

It look like bitshares.openledger.info don't have "Import Keys" as mention in
http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html