Author Topic: Import to V2 moonstone wallet backup  (Read 3009 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
you need to rescync tge whole blockchain to catch your funds (due to TITAN) .. once you see your funds you can export a wallet and import into bts

But what abut account, I install 0.9.3c and import the backup wallet. I don't have account on the old system?!

Where can I find instaction regarding: sync the whole blockchain on 0.9.3c?
You need: install, import key, sync, rescan.
A tutorial is here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20822.0.html
There are download links of whole 0.9.3 blockchain in that post: https://mega.nz/#!P8BhCZ4I!NZHkhUEbrgVTNRI1QXhDJI6ly7z1Fv2nFgrpQM1UWDQ
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
Hope everything is going well in the Moonstone project.
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline bitsapphire

If you haven't traded any of the moonunds just keep the backup wallet file you automatically downloaded when you donated.

If you acquired moonfund tokens by trading, or traded your moonfund tokens after you got them through the fundraiser, export your latest wallet file from 2.0 and keep it somewhere safe. Once we release the wallet you'll be able to import the same wallet files np problem.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I never donated to MOONFUND, so I can't say how it was supposed to be working. My assumption was that the funds are imported in an unregistered local wallet account name.
All I can recommend from here on is to contact the devs of moonstone.io directly. Sorry

Offline mostar

• View Profile
you need to rescync tge whole blockchain to catch your funds (due to TITAN) .. once you see your funds you can export a wallet and import into bts

But what abut account, I install 0.9.3c and import the backup wallet. I don't have account on the old system?!

Where can I find instaction regarding: sync the whole blockchain on 0.9.3c?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
i am quite certain that you need to rescync tge whole blockchain to catch your funds (due to TITAN) .. once you see your funds you can export a wallet and import into bts

Offline mostar

• View Profile
Hi,

a) you can import the moonstone file into bts 0.9.3c
yes
b) you see the balance once you have it imported
no, back in the past when I check it in bts 0.9 I show the balance. But now in fresh new install of 0.9.3c there is no balance.
Here is a screen shut

c) if you export your wallet again, you get empty account keys?
yes

if so, in which account do you see your MOONFUND tokens?
It was not associate to any account

As long as you can see your MOONFUND in bts0.9.3c, we can import them into BTS2 eventually .. may be a little more tricky than what is explained in the migration guide

Please give me directions

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
So,
a) you can import the moonstone file into bts 0.9.3c
b) you see the balance once you have it imported
c) if you export your wallet again, you get empty account keys?

if so, in which account do you see your MOONFUND tokens?
Maybe it is related to the tokens not being tied to a REGISTERED account, if that is the case I know what to do.
As long as you can see your MOONFUND in bts0.9.3c, we can import them into BTS2 eventually .. may be a little more tricky than what is explained in the migration guide

Offline mostar

• View Profile
As you suggested I restored this wallet in 0.9.3 and
Code: [Select]
wallet_export_keys ...Like it documented here http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/migration/howto-exporting-wallet.html

I end with  json file that not contain any account key:

{
  "password_checksum": "c10....5a59fa",
  "account_keys": []
}

The moonstone backup wallet is fine, I successfully restored it in the past for checking.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I think all you need to do is import the wallet into BitShares 0.9.3c first and then export a new wallet backup ..
that should leave you with a new json file that you can import into bts2

Offline mostar

• View Profile
Hello

Here it is without the HEX charcters

file name:
wallet_data_BTS....json

[{"type":"master_key_record_type","data":{"index":-1,"encrypted_key":"3..."}},{"type":"key_record_type","data":{"index":1,"account_address":"B...","encrypted_private_key":"d...","valid_from_signature":false,"memo":null,"gen_seq_number":0}},{"type":"account_record_type","data":{"index":2,"id":0,"name":"moonstonefunds","public_data":null,"owner_key":"B...","active_key_history":[["2015-04-10T06:46:43","B..."]],"registration_date":"1970-01-01T00:00:00","last_update":"2015-04-10T06:46:43","delegate_info":null,"meta_data":null,"is_my_account":true,"approved":0,"is_favorite":false,"block_production_enabled":false,"last_used_gen_sequence":0,"private_data":null}}

I can import it to old 0.9 wallet with no problem.  But how can I import those found to bitshare 2?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Does the original file contain any keys or is there may a brainkey? I never took a closer look into that format and can't look into any of them either now

Offline mostar

• View Profile
Im I the only one how have this problem?

Offline mostar

• View Profile
Hi,

Those who participate in moonstone crowd funding receive V1 backup wallet with the founds.

Restore this wallet  in 0.9.3 and
Code: [Select]
wallet_export_keys ...
End with  json file that not contain any account key:

{
  "password_checksum": "c10....5a59fa",
  "account_keys": []
}

The moonstone backup wallet is file, I successfully restored it in the past for checking.

How can I import the those found to V2?

Thanks