Author Topic: $1 Bitshares possible?  (Read 2704 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
your math assumes a constant supply .. which BitShares clearly has not .. if the fees paid are higher than the pays for witnesses and workers, the supply will be reduced which will lead to higher market cap at same price :D

I could be wrong here ... but just to voice my thought ... shouldn't a reduction in supply move the price per share higher while market cap stays the same?

Yes, you are correct.  I think xeroc must be thinking of the "market cap" of his own holdings.  [emoji14]
note to myself: dont post anything when exhausted during travel [emoji14]

Thankfully there are many people around not take my words as truth. Thanks for that! +5%

Offline karnal

• View Profile
:) 10 months ago...

Just interested to know what people realistically think BTS price could achieve. $1 seems to me to be  very achievable for such a technology, probably much more.

Thanks
M

A trillion dollar market cap would push the price per share into the hundreds. If Bitshares delivers on what it promises a trillion dollars is possible.Most brokerage firms worth their salt manage a few trillion.

It may seem crazy but if I posted on Bitcointalk in 2009-2010 that Bitcoin would go from $0.10 to $1200 people would laugh at me. The trick is to hold on and not sell out otherwise you will end up like thise people who sold bitcoin at $1 instead of holding. In my opinion Bitshares will either change finance or it will fail, no in between.

Realistically I think $10 is acheivable. (roughly 30 billion)  I am curious on what other people think.I might be crazy but I see huge potential if Bitshares works.

Rome wasn't built in a day 8)

Offline mint chocolate chip

:) 10 months ago...

Just interested to know what people realistically think BTS price could achieve. $1 seems to me to be  very achievable for such a technology, probably much more.

Thanks
M

A trillion dollar market cap would push the price per share into the hundreds. If Bitshares delivers on what it promises a trillion dollars is possible.Most brokerage firms worth their salt manage a few trillion.

It may seem crazy but if I posted on Bitcointalk in 2009-2010 that Bitcoin would go from $0.10 to $1200 people would laugh at me. The trick is to hold on and not sell out otherwise you will end up like thise people who sold bitcoin at $1 instead of holding. In my opinion Bitshares will either change finance or it will fail, no in between.

Realistically I think $10 is acheivable. (roughly 30 billion)  I am curious on what other people think.I might be crazy but I see huge potential if Bitshares works.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
$1 is very achievable.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
your math assumes a constant supply .. which BitShares clearly has not .. if the fees paid are higher than the pays for witnesses and workers, the supply will be reduced which will lead to higher market cap at same price :D

I could be wrong here ... but just to voice my thought ... shouldn't a reduction in supply move the price per share higher while market cap stays the same?

Yes, you are correct.  I think xeroc must be thinking of the "market cap" of his own holdings.  :P

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

You just confirmed what I had thought not to long ago about BTS price.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline karnal

• View Profile
It's possible.

Is it likely? With adoption, yes.

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
I was having some fun with math and figured to get to a $1 per Bitshares we would need a 2.5 Billion dollar market cap, am I right? Bitcoin has surpassed that. I think Bithsares has allot of good uses and I feel it's way more useful than Litecoin and Litecoin has over $100,000,000 market cap.

So let's do some math and correct me if I'm working

$1 per Bitshares with 2.5 billion supply we would need 2.5 Billion Marketcap

$0.10 per Bitshares we would need $250,000,000 Marketcap

$0.01 per Bitshares we would need $25,000,000 Marketcap

Those amounts don't sound like much but if you buy at the current rate 5 Bitcoins worth that would leave you with hundreds of thousands of Bitshares. If we ever hit a $1 which is very possible based on other coins allot of people will can get rich with just a few Bitcoins invested!