Author Topic: New Tutorial Video - How bitUSD Works  (Read 2986 times)

Offline MarketingMonk

• Leading People to Freedom
    • View Profile
    • Cryptoversity - The online school for Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies and blockchains.
  • BitShares: marketing.monk
Thank you all for the praise and the feedback.

Since I've put out these first few videos, to my surprise, I've had numerous proposals from people who want me to create these videos for them.

I'm not sure what to do yet because I didn't really have an agenda when I started creating them :)

Offline emailtooaj

Ah yes. I see where I got confused.
0.004 dollars versus 0.4 cents

I would suggest an edit to introduce the value of the current Bitshares something like the following... "as you can see the price of Bitshares is 0.004 dollars or 0.4 cents"....
then continue using the 0.4 cents as I think it does make the value of Bitshares sound bigger.

by doing this, it prevents any viewers from getting confused like I did.

Keep the videos coming :)

Yes, I would agree with this statement.  I also got tripped up when I heard it the first couple of times you said it, but realized the dollars vs cents. 

@MarketingMonk  These are the same style of video's I was planning to do for Beyond Bitcoin, just haven't had time to sit and do them. So I truly applaud your effort getting these out to the community  :D
Overall  +5% 
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline Average Guy on Street

• View Profile
Ah yes. I see where I got confused.
0.004 dollars versus 0.4 cents

I would suggest an edit to introduce the value of the current Bitshares something like the following... "as you can see the price of Bitshares is 0.004 dollars or 0.4 cents"....
then continue using the 0.4 cents as I think it does make the value of Bitshares sound bigger.

by doing this, it prevents any viewers from getting confused like I did.

Keep the videos coming :)

Offline knircky

• View Profile
Good video.
However, one mistake made continually through the video - is the numbers quoted for the price of a bitshare. The video shows 0.004 and the narration is quoted as  "Zero Point Four" which is 0.4, not 0.004. Same goes for the second price. of 0.006

Once this is fixed, the video would be perfect.

nope he says .4 cents which is 0.004 so this is all correct.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline MarketingMonk

• View Profile
    • Cryptoversity - The online school for Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies and blockchains.
Yes I say zero point four cents which is $0.00.4 but obviously I don't add the second decimal place.

Delulo,
You read my mind mate. I intend to create a follow on from this that explains the collateral ratio.

I thought I would put this in the same video when I do a tutorial on the open ledger interface where you set the amount of collateral you want to assign.

This video above gives the foundational knowledge and then the new video I'm talking about which increase the accuracy.

I'm just always weary of trying to include too much in each video :)

Offline mikeytea

Offline Pheonike

Good video.
However, one mistake made continually through the video - is the numbers quoted for the price of a bitshare. The video shows 0.004 and the narration is quoted as  "Zero Point Four" which is 0.4, not 0.004. Same goes for the second price. of 0.006

He says "Zero point Four" cents which is 0.004 in dollars. Just need the dollar sign.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:17:20 am by Pheonike »

Offline Average Guy on Street

• View Profile
Good video.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:08:58 am by Average Guy on Street »

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Here's my latest contribution to the community based on the frustrations and confusion I've been reading in the forums.

I'm learning as I teach which is why I'm calling this open source training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD8i2Py9Paw
Excellent simple explanation.

I am a bit divided on whether mentioning that there is actually always a bigger amount of collateral backing 1 bitusd than 1 bitusd is worth. 

Offline mukul13

• View Profile

Offline HeySteve

Nice work, Chris! A great introduction.

I'd also like to see a more in-depth video. Something which covers mf-tzo's pointsp lus margin calls, economic incentives for the long and short sides and so on. I'd also like to learn how to create a Smartcoin.

A video about user issued assets and their major applications would also be fantastic.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
nice video +5% +5%

what would be also interesting is a simple video about how bitusd is actually created. Who gets that bitusd and how it is then taken out of circulation and destroyed and exactly the flow of funds. A video like the one that Dan has made a looong time ago but better and simpler so anyone who does not understand economics and CFDs can understand about the creation of bitusd.

I find my self when I am trying to explain how a bitusd is created like a "bet" between two parties but that doesn't work most of the times.

Offline MarketingMonk

• View Profile
Here's my latest contribution to the community based on the frustrations and confusion I've been reading in the forums.

I'm learning as I teach which is why I'm calling this open source training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD8i2Py9Paw