Author Topic: Reducing Bitshares Supply : A different approach  (Read 11277 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Okay, I added the burning to the description, and created a worker proposal thread.
If that can't be paid, I'm in full support of this basic solution. But I used to know this as a community that thinks big, let's get that spirit back!

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19351

If you want my honest opinion, I think freebie, yourself, data, ccedk and metaexchange should really consider working together.  How that can be done seems like something you would all be best to work at...but this early in the game it doesn't make sense to me for this much competition. 

To me...thinking big means thinking of all these people wanting to make their own exchange should pool their resources for the good of BitShares.  I mean...why not?

Yep, freebie, seraphim and metaexchsnge seem simiçar projects. Competition is good but with such limited resources its not a good idea to spread them like that. You should at least talk with each other and try to do something in collective, which could even have more potential. I dont know how far everyone is willing to go on working together, but you have more chsnces of pulling that off if you do it together in a single proposal than many proposals. It also seems a mpre solid idea.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Would the exchange burn more total fees if it used the full fee togo toward 50% freebieserver profit 50% referrer payout? What I mean is that the internet marketers could bring more transactions to your exchange and the net effect could be more coins burned than would have been without paying referrers.  Maybe I missed something... didnt get through the whole thread before posting .. [emoji1]

The referral fees were not brought into the equation frim my understanding.  I thought they would be charging trading fees and using that as the income.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Would the exchange burn more total fees if it used the full fee togo toward 50% freebieserver profit 50% referrer payout? What I mean is that the internet marketers could bring more transactions to your exchange and the net effect could be more coins burned than would have been without paying referrers.  Maybe I missed something... didnt get through the whole thread before posting .. [emoji1]
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Also guys, I would appreciate it if you could either post here or pm me how much you are willing to back this with as individuals so we know what we are looking at. The polls have been strong indicators so far and a few individuals have shown private interest in backing this.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Okay, I added the burning to the description, and created a worker proposal thread.
If that can't be paid, I'm in full support of this basic solution. But I used to know this as a community that thinks big, let's get that spirit back!

Don't appreciate having my thread jacked :)

@Akado @Fuzzy and for anyone else that's watching .
Me and the team are in extensive discussions within ourselves and with a number of individuals.
Depending on what is the best route to take, we'll either go with a worker proposal or UIA.
By the looks of it, a UIA will be far "quicker" to issue and garner funds, but am open to discussions on the same.

Regards

Offline fuzzy

If you want my honest opinion, I think freebie, yourself, data, ccedk and metaexchange should really consider working together.  How that can be done seems like something you would all be best to work at...but this early in the game it doesn't make sense to me for this much competition. 

To me...thinking big means thinking of all these people wanting to make their own exchange should pool their resources for the good of BitShares.  I mean...why not?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 02:11:03 am by fuzzy »

Offline seraphim

Meet you on STEEM

Offline Akado

• View Profile
Are those percentages until investors get 75BTC back? Or are you going for a worker proposal?

Sounds like this is a PERFECT use of a worker proposal.  Then the risk and reward are completely balanced...

I agree it makes sense, plus, I don't see people donating 75btc atm and paying ppl back would just take a lot of time. That way we can get a bigger burning percentage and freebi can also get a bigger percentage for themselves, everyone is happy and it's less work, no need to go through the donation phase and it's usual mess phase.

I think they should make a new thread, give multiple percentage options they are happy with and let people choose. Then go ahead and make the worker proposal

personally in 100% agreement.  To me our community should definitely be focusing on projects like this that give back to the community in such a direct way. 

I mean think about it...it is a perfect way to approach worker proposals.  The way this is structured makes a lot of sense...because asking for a worker proposal essentially keeps those funds from being taken out of circulation.  But with this plan, it benefits freebie but also evens that initial redirection out later.  This is because later the % of profits taken away from fees will inturn be taken out of circulation. 

It shouldn't take much time for it to become a net positive in terms of deflating the supply...at which point freebie has the exchange built and can make money--but the community benefits more over time than they ended up having to give.  It is a win-win...the only kind of relationship to have if you ask me.

less verbose explanation:

It  is a money printing perpetuum mobile...build in 3 weeks or less mind you...

or at least that is the promise we are served right now.

PS
@seraphim as well.

They corrected that. from what I understood, 3 weeks for a metaexchange kind of exchange, then undetermined amount of time to decentralize it or move and trade alts on BTS chain

a 3 week period would leave any man sceptical. /phrasing
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Are those percentages until investors get 75BTC back? Or are you going for a worker proposal?

Sounds like this is a PERFECT use of a worker proposal.  Then the risk and reward are completely balanced...

I agree it makes sense, plus, I don't see people donating 75btc atm and paying ppl back would just take a lot of time. That way we can get a bigger burning percentage and freebi can also get a bigger percentage for themselves, everyone is happy and it's less work, no need to go through the donation phase and it's usual mess phase.

I think they should make a new thread, give multiple percentage options they are happy with and let people choose. Then go ahead and make the worker proposal

personally in 100% agreement.  To me our community should definitely be focusing on projects like this that give back to the community in such a direct way. 

I mean think about it...it is a perfect way to approach worker proposals.  The way this is structured makes a lot of sense...because asking for a worker proposal essentially keeps those funds from being taken out of circulation.  But with this plan, it benefits freebie but also evens that initial redirection out later.  This is because later the % of profits taken away from fees will inturn be taken out of circulation. 

It shouldn't take much time for it to become a net positive in terms of deflating the supply...at which point freebie has the exchange built and can make money--but the community benefits more over time than they ended up having to give.  It is a win-win...the only kind of relationship to have if you ask me.

less verbose explanation:

It  is a money printing perpetuum mobile...build in 3 weeks or less mind you...

or at least that is the promise we are served right now.

PS
@seraphim as well.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:48:41 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline seraphim

Uhm, wait a second.
I announced the decentralized exchange a month ago, and the feedback was devastatingly low. I'm still working out the idea from time to time, but it didn't seem like the community is really interested in the crypto gateway, so it's nothing but a small maybe to me for now.

Are you guys saying all it needs for you to get interested is a possibility of it burning fees? That'd be pretty easy to add to the voting.

Or is it that nobody cares what kind of services will be created at the moment, as long as it's something influencing the supply? How sustainable is that approach in your opinion?
Meet you on STEEM

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:28:25 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
If this thread is meant to be a sales pitch directed to BTS holders to raise 75 BTC, something very important is missing.
So far I've learned that your are very passionate about what your doing and I've been told about the technical details of your concept.

But as a potential investor I still don't know what I will get in return for funding your project.
Burning 50% of your fees is good for BTS as a whole but what is the deal for the investor?

That's the problem. If we only have fee burning, the ones who didn't help will also benefit. That's why I suggest paying back to whoever gave donations. Till they have their money back they receive a higher percentage of the profits because of the risk they took. Once they are paid back, this percentage lowers and freebie can get themselves more profit or burn more bitshares or whatever they want to do. People who donated can still continue to get some part of the profits but obviously a lower amount now since they got their money back. So:

People donate 75BTC
x% of profits are to pay back.
y% will be burn
z% will be kept by freebies as profit
with x>y>z

After people get their 75BTC back:
x% are paid as dividends
y% will be burn
z% will be kept by freebies as profit

with y >= x and y>=z. Z and X are to be discussed between investors and Freebieservers, however keep in mind any income from the referral system is already included in these profits Freebie pretend to share with the community so they won't be able to take full advantage of that.
In my opinion, after the 75BTC are paid back, as long as profits burnt are >=50% or higher, everyone from the community will be pleased. Does this seem a big amount? I dont think so since I strongly believe it will take quite a while for the 75BTC to be paid back. That leaves the other 50% to be shared between freebies and investors. This is just a suggestion though. I also understand freebies will take the same amount of time to be paid decently as the BTS community will take to have a higher percentage of profits being burnt so that will probably leave investors with the smaller piece of the pie. However, I dont think that would be ungrateful because not only would this bring in volume to BitShares but it would burn more fees and attrack more people. Everyone wins.

unless it was built by funding from a worker proposal :)

Okay so here's my suggested split

10 percent for burning
50 percent for investors
40 percent for  fs.

The team will work towards delivering the product in a three weeks time frame.  Difference being, our product would be co owned by the community and we'll retain secondary roles of management

Given how current businesses don't work towards transparency and proving of liquidity at all times we strife to be different through making it verifiable via the blockchain.  We will be sending dividends on a three hour basis with the collected fees from tx fees on the platform leaving little wait times for dividend issuance. In addition, the accounting of the platform will be x

If we are to do this , our best choice is a UIA, by the looks of it.