Author Topic: GUIDE: How to remove unneeded keys from Bitshares 0.9.3 export_keys json  (Read 16353 times)

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
Instructions are for *nix/OSX

...can this be done on Windows? I have some basic CLI-knowledge, but not much beyond simply copy/pasting commands.
I think so, its just a bit more work to get git, python and node installed, but apart from that there's nothing stopping this from working on windows.
on windows the point is the last step: how to execute the cat command on windows?
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline roadscape

The export format is just a "minimal" version of the (encrypted) wallet, which is why you don't need to have your wallet unlocked when you export the keys. The keys file is as safe as the locked wallet itself.. not that I'd recommend sharing it
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I don't seem to need a password to do the wallet prune.

newmine and chris, do you guys want me to follow the instructions on your wallets for you?

edit: I should point out that I haven't successfully claimed the balances on from the keys on the new wallet i've created for myself. but I got the script to run, and the hash checked out. runnign the balance import now and its taking forever still with 278 keys

Sure. Here is my private key: 5Hfkfi85akfmHPL12890aiyeW1xX6aLs9gdS

i assumed the private keys would be encrypted.
Why?

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

newmine and chris, do you guys want me to follow the instructions on your wallets for you?

edit: I should point out that I haven't successfully claimed the balances on from the keys on the new wallet i've created for myself. but I got the script to run, and the hash checked out. runnign the balance import now and its taking forever still with 278 keys

i assumed the private keys would be encrypted.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 06:02:34 pm by merockstar »

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

...can this be done on Windows? I have some basic CLI-knowledge, but not much beyond simply copy/pasting commands.
I think so, its just a bit more work to get git, python and node installed, but apart from that there's nothing stopping this from working on windows.
I think he or she was looking for a guide. Something not in dev speak. I'm waiting too.  I am glad you guys are working this problem but what you are proposing is something like if I ask you for directions to the supermarket and you respond with actual gps coordinates. We all know what they mean, just not all of us have the means to interpret or implement them.

Can someone please create a walk through guide here? I have absolutely now idea what you guys are talking about. Some help would be great! Thank you

this guide is for linux. i think it's different if you're using windows.

Hooray I got it to work and now I have a wallet with some 258 keys!

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Can someone please create a walk through guide here? I have absolutely now idea what you guys are talking about. Some help would be great! Thank you
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 12:01:58 am by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline svk

made it to step 2

Code: [Select]
merockstar@merockstar-HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC:~/Desktop/key pruning$ cat mig6.json | node ./bloom_filter_wallet.js > pruned1.json

module.js:340
    throw err;
          ^
Error: Cannot find module '../src/common/hash'
  at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:338:15)
  at Function.Module._load (module.js:280:25)
  at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
  at require (module.js:380:17)
  at Object.<anonymous> (/home/merockstar/Desktop/key pruning/bloom_filter_wallet.js:20:9)
  at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
  at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
  at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
  at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
  at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)
  at startup (node.js:119:16)
  at node.js:902:3

coffee script is installe

The instructions do not give you all the files you need. One way is to clone the repository. I have a sample maybe by for Monday so you can do this in the web wallet instead.

clone what repository?

He means the graphene-ui repo. It looks like I missed the fact that the second script depends on some files from the graphene-ui repo, my bad. I'll update the instructions in the OP
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

made it to step 2

Code: [Select]
merockstar@merockstar-HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC:~/Desktop/key pruning$ cat mig6.json | node ./bloom_filter_wallet.js > pruned1.json

module.js:340
    throw err;
          ^
Error: Cannot find module '../src/common/hash'
  at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:338:15)
  at Function.Module._load (module.js:280:25)
  at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
  at require (module.js:380:17)
  at Object.<anonymous> (/home/merockstar/Desktop/key pruning/bloom_filter_wallet.js:20:9)
  at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
  at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
  at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
  at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
  at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)
  at startup (node.js:119:16)
  at node.js:902:3

coffee script is installe

The instructions do not give you all the files you need. One way is to clone the repository. I have a sample maybe by for Monday so you can do this in the web wallet instead.

clone what repository?