Author Topic: Loading stalls for OpenLedger web wallet  (Read 3445 times)

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
FYI devs - update on my OpenLedger loading problem.

I hadn't been into OpenLedger for quite a long time, and when I tried again recently, I found I was experiencing the original problem in Safari, where the page would just stall indefinitely with a "Loading..." message. Maybe I was lucky once or twice in the past when it did work, but generally I am having problems with this.

So finally I have given up on Safari, and used Chrome instead. This seems to have successfully imported the original keys from 0.9.3c, and I have been able to easily store a back-up wallet, whereas I could not get this to work successfully in Safari. Bottom line - OpenLedger is not stable in my Safari app, but looks robust in Chrome.

Offline starspirit

• View Profile
Thanks guys, interesting my last attempt went straight in no problem - I will update on my experience here as I learn more.

Offline valzav

• View Profile
When you see the Loading... Message can you open a console and see if there is any error?

I have heard of the backup download problem on Safari. I wonder did it download and just not notify you and you might find it saved on your computer?
I opened the error console and it showed this (I could paste more error detail, but as a non-techie, I'd have to be advised on how secure that is):

Syntax Error: Unexpected token ' , '
XMLHttpRequest cannot load safari-extension://com.evernote.safari..../en_us/messages.json
XMLHttpRequest cannot load safari-extension://com.evernote.safari..../en/messages.json

2 other things, this loaded fine in safari earlier in the week, so something is different between then and now. It also does successfully load on my Chrome browser, which I'd be happy to use going forward, but given I created the wallet and imported the keys in Safari originally, can I do this?

Regarding the key backup subsequently attempted from OpenLedger, I searched all my recent files and can't find anything resembling a new key file. What would it be called?

Thanks.

Looks like Safari Evernote plugin has something to do with your issue. Do you remember if you were installing Evernote recently?
If you are planning to use Chrome I would suggest you to re-import your 0.x keys into Chrome's wallet.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Weird .. please try with a refresh of the whole page .. your browser may have cached an older version of the wallet ..
refresh with both .. F5 and the refresh bottom .. they may do different kinds of refreshes

Offline starspirit

• View Profile
The file would be called "default.bin" unless you gave your wallet an other name ..
I could find no such file, or any *.bin.

How many keys were in your wallet? I noticed it took a long time to load the website (30+ seconds) after importing a ton of keys, but it did finally load so that may not be your issue.
There were probably 6 or so balances that were imported. I've left it trying to load for substantial periods, e.g. 10 minutes plus, but it looks like it is encountering errors based on the console comments, although I have no experience with these. Next to each of the "can't load..." error comments in the error console that I provided above, it also says "Cross origin requests are only supported for HTTP" if that means anything useful.

Offline svk

How many keys were in your wallet? I noticed it took a long time to load the website (30+ seconds) after importing a ton of keys, but it did finally load so that may not be your issue.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The file would be called "default.bin" unless you gave your wallet an other name ..

Offline starspirit

• View Profile
When you see the Loading... Message can you open a console and see if there is any error?

I have heard of the backup download problem on Safari. I wonder did it download and just not notify you and you might find it saved on your computer?
I opened the error console and it showed this (I could paste more error detail, but as a non-techie, I'd have to be advised on how secure that is):

Syntax Error: Unexpected token ' , '
XMLHttpRequest cannot load safari-extension://com.evernote.safari..../en_us/messages.json
XMLHttpRequest cannot load safari-extension://com.evernote.safari..../en/messages.json

2 other things, this loaded fine in safari earlier in the week, so something is different between then and now. It also does successfully load on my Chrome browser, which I'd be happy to use going forward, but given I created the wallet and imported the keys in Safari originally, can I do this?

Regarding the key backup subsequently attempted from OpenLedger, I searched all my recent files and can't find anything resembling a new key file. What would it be called?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 02:40:46 am by starspirit »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline jamesc

Offline starspirit

• View Profile
A few days ago I successfully set up an account in the OpenLedger web wallet and imported my keys.
Now when I go to the same link here... https://bitshares.openledger.info ... I only get a dark screen with the "Loading..." message, but it just sits there forever not doing anything.
What might have changed and how might I fix this?

Some facts that may or may not be relevant:
When I was last successfully in the wallet, I tried making a backup of the keys, which only appeared to open a new blank tab in the browser. I did not find any downloaded backup file.
It's possible that I did not properly log out on my last use.
I'm running OSX. I've tried loading several times, and rebooted my machine.
Not sure what else...

Thanks.