Author Topic: Imported balances disappeared - non 2.0 account?  (Read 5631 times)

chryspano

I have an old Bitshares wallet backup (BitShares X Wallet Backup.json 107kb) from October 29, 2014

I tried importing it to a new installation of 0.93c but it does not accept my password (i'm 99.999% sure it is correct)

I don't know what version it was created on and have no idea what to do

check this
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18887.msg243244.html#msg243244

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
I have an old Bitshares wallet backup (BitShares X Wallet Backup.json 107kb) from October 29, 2014

I tried importing it to a new installation of 0.93c but it does not accept my password (i'm 99.999% sure it is correct)

I don't know what version it was created on and have no idea what to do

Offline toobox

• View Profile
use the wallets->key import tool

This is exactly what i tried, but i imported the json file also before, but i had some missed transactions because my old client 0.9 was not fully synced,
then ozvic uploaded the fully synced blockchain, i rescanned and exported the keys again and now i tried to import the "updated" keys into the
2.0 client and it does not work, because the client says "wallet is already imported".

You can try to create a new 'wallet' in the webwallet and use this new wallet to import keys.

I'm not sure if it is save to have the same keys into 2 different wallets, usually it should work, but because it is not a usual migration (completly different blockchains), i'm not really sure.

Does anyone know, if it is save, to import "updated" wallet file (already migrated to 2.0 but forgot to sync the wallet, so i have missing transactions with the first trial),
into a completly new 2.0 account, because if i try to import the "updated" wallet file into my usual 2.0 account, the wallet says "wallet is already imported", but there are some
additional keypairs, so it looks like the only option is to import it into a new 2.0 wallet.
Just want to be sure to avoid further complications.
thanks in advance

Offline toobox

• View Profile

This is exactly what i tried, but i imported the json file also before, but i had some missed transactions because my old client 0.9 was not fully synced,
then ozvic uploaded the fully synced blockchain, i rescanned and exported the keys again and now i tried to import the "updated" keys into the
2.0 client and it does not work, because the client says "wallet is already imported".

You can try to create a new 'wallet' in the webwallet and use this new wallet to import keys.

I'm not sure if it is save to have the same keys into 2 different wallets, usually it should work, but because it is not a usual migration (completly different blockchains), i'm not really sure.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline toobox

• View Profile

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline toobox

• View Profile
Say you were 6 months behind the snapshotted final chain. Would any TITAN transactions sent to your account in that time appear in the exported keys?

edit: Just read the guide and that's a no. If anyone needs it I could upload the chain directory somewhere tomorrow morning if that helps and is all that is required. It goes a short time after the final snapshot.

Thanks for uploading the chain, i'm rescanning the titan transactions and hope i can import the additonal keys into the 2.0 wallet.
Will give you feedback then.
best regards

Oh my nerves, rescanning the blockchain in the 0.9.3c client worked well, i exported the keys.json and wanted to import the "updated" keys file (some additional keys)
in the 2.0 light client, but the client says "wallet is already imported", has anyone a idea how to solve this?

thank you in advance

Offline toobox

• View Profile
Say you were 6 months behind the snapshotted final chain. Would any TITAN transactions sent to your account in that time appear in the exported keys?

edit: Just read the guide and that's a no. If anyone needs it I could upload the chain directory somewhere tomorrow morning if that helps and is all that is required. It goes a short time after the final snapshot.

Thanks for uploading the chain, i'm rescanning the titan transactions and hope i can import the additonal keys into the 2.0 wallet.
Will give you feedback then.
best regards

Offline ozvic

• View Profile
  • BitShares: trev
Not sure if it will help anybody, but here is the chain directory 7zipped up. 1.8GB.

https://goo.gl/Lo5ejr

(mega.nz)

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
You must scan all Titan transfers before you have the keys in your wallet. 

Offline ozvic

• View Profile
  • BitShares: trev

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 11:07:06 am by ozvic »

Offline testz

Sorry but have anyone an idea how to sync the 0.9.3c wallet, it won't sync for me, or is there a blockchain file somewhere, which i can download?
Thanks.

You don't need to sync 0.9.3c wallet, export keys and import them to BitShares 2.0, more details here: http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration
Edit: Just see same post from Valzav: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19516.msg251294.html#msg251294
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 12:03:28 pm by testz »

Offline toobox

• View Profile
Sorry but have anyone an idea how to sync the 0.9.3c wallet, it won't sync for me, or is there a blockchain file somewhere, which i can download?
Thanks.

Offline toobox

• View Profile
I have a similar problem, i started 0.9.3c and tried to sync, but the client saying "not connected" so i exported the wallet as described and imported it
in the new 2.0 light client. But now i'm missing my last transactions, maybe because my client was not fully synced (i started the 0.9.3c client today,
last time was months ago) but how can i sync without a connection and additionally can i repeat the migration procedure when the 0.9.3c client is
synced to the last block before the hardfork?

You don't need 0.9.3c to be fully sync in order to move your keys to 2.0 - all your keys are already there, you don't get them over the network.

This is only true if you already see ALL your funds ... if you have sent something to your account and have not catched up with it in your client you may need to sync the whole blockchain (for TITAN accounts)

Thanks for answering, yes indeed i sent some transactions which are not catched up in my client, but i have the problem that the 0.9.3c client is not syncing anymore. What can i do or are the transactions finally gone?