Author Topic: Web release for importing large wallets (testers needed)  (Read 6999 times)

Offline jamesc

After selecting the file, browser when "not responding" for about 3 mins, then it successfully cut 90k keys down to 476 keys, found balances and imported.

maybe give a warning about not responding but otherwise it works great!
Win7
Firefox 41.0.2

You should see an animated spinner now (well it does not really animate in Firefox)...

Xeldal

After selecting the file, browser when "not responding" for about 3 mins, then it successfully cut 90k keys down to 476 keys, found balances and imported.

maybe give a warning about not responding but otherwise it works great!
Win7
Firefox 41.0.2

Offline jamesc

Code: [Select]
"connecting to wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws" app.js:2:183711
Configured for BitShares Object { core_asset: "BTS", address_prefix: "BTS", chain_id: "4018d7844c78f6a6c41c6a552b898022310…" } app.js:2:189461
db init done app.js:2:69245
ChainStore Init app.js:12:9104
synced and subscribed, chainstore ready app.js:12:9589
Warning: setState(...): Can only update a mounted or mounting component. This usually means you called setState() on an unmounted component. This is a no-op. vendors.js:1:20286
GenesisFilterWorker start 1ae2f77e0472c8b52ebd.worker.js:1:560
GenesisFilterWorker InvalidStateError: An attempt was made to use an object that is not, or is no longer, usable 1ae2f77e0472c8b52ebd.worker.js:1:786

This appears in Firefox versions under 41.  I had to abandon the worker-thread for the Genesis filter.  Make sure to really tell FF to reload the page and this issue should not show up.  Unfortunately, the nice UI message "Filtering X %" does not appear anymore but at least this should be fixed...

You can follow the progress in the browser's console window, I added a message there. 

Let me know if this is good to merge into the main branch!

chryspano

This also fixed an issue I had with vesting balances.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

I'm playing with it right now.

Unfortunately, I've been tethering from my phone and all my attempts to download the 0.9.3c blockchain have screwed me out of data. So I'm at 2g and this might take a long time.

I'm pretty sure my 9mb wallet is uploading right now. I seem to have gotten the same console error as somebody else did earlier, but I'm not convinced that it isn't working for that reason.

Configured for BitShares Object { core_asset: "BTS", address_prefix: "BTS", chain_id: "4018d7844c78f6a6c41c6a552b898022310…" } app.js:2:189461
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead. worker
Warning: setState(...): Can only update a mounted or mounting component. This usually means you called setState() on an unmounted component. This is a no-op. vendors.js:1:20286
GenesisFilterWorker InvalidStateError: An attempt was made to use an object that is not, or is no longer, usable

will keep you apprised. using firefox for ubuntu 41.0.2
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:01:54 pm by merockstar »

Offline EstefanTT

Is it about to be integrated in the light client ? It's just to know if I wait a couple of days or I try the web browser (I would prefer to use the light client ;)  )
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Holy crap that worked amazingly well. Had everything filtered and claimed in a good 10 minutes. Started with 190,000 keys lol. Used in Chrome, latest version on Windows 8.1.

Thanks for the great work!

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Success!

It found all balances and went perfect.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Testing it. So far it looks fantastic. Lets see if it lets me import my balances.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jamesc

GenesisFilterWorker InvalidStateError: An attempt was made to use an object that is not, or is no longer, usable 1ae2f77e0472c8b52ebd.worker.js:1:786

A problem appeared under Firefox, I see the error and I'm working on it.. thank you

Xeldal

Offline jamesc

Not sure how long it should take.

I'm using a 15MB keys.json from 0.9.3c in Firefox, with roughly 90k keys. I selected the file and now 15mins in.  Still have the spinning circle, not sure if its doing anything.

I've already imported these key with another method, just testing.

It should spin when downloading the 1MB filter.. There is probably a console error that caused it to be stuck in the spinning state.  Can you please send me any errors if you see them.

Xeldal

Not sure how long it should take.

I'm using a 15MB keys.json from 0.9.3c in Firefox, with roughly 90k keys. I selected the file and now 15mins in.  Still have the spinning circle, not sure if its doing anything.

I've already imported these key with another method, just testing.

Offline jamesc

TEST COMPLETE.. the filter is in the main wallets now.

https://bitshares.org/worker

** this is temporary, later you'll file the same wallet under the typical place:  https://bitshares.org/wallet
EDIT: please post browser name and version

This uses the BitShares 2.0 Genesis bloom filter to reduce the size of wallets when importing BTS 0.9.x key files.  The filter is applied to all BTS 0.9.x exported keys (by file format) upon import.  Also "worker" refers to the HTML5 worker threads...

The /worker release has a 1MB file in it (a bloom filter) that was built using all public keys and public addresses used in the BTS 2.0 genesis.json file.  When you import a BTS 0.9.x keys file (or backup), the public keys and addresses are checked against the filter.  With 100% certainty any private key has a public key or address in the genesis block will be included.  Almost all keys that do not appear in the genesis block will be filtered out and do not import..

If you have a small wallet and all the keys are used you may not even notice it happened..  We are mostly interested in: did it work?

This will remove any spent TITAN addresses and remove any unused keys that were created by BTS < 2.0 generate key commands, etc..  You should save and backup your original BTS 0.9.x keys export file as that contains all your keys.

Typically you will use this url or a partner's URL instead:
  https://bitshares.org/wallet

Both /wallet and /worker share the same local storage
(after we remove the /worker directory you will will remain at /wallet)

This release is not available in an installer yet.  You may wait or try to filter yourself:
  GUIDE: How to remove unneeded keys from Bitshares 0.9.3 export_keys json
  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19390.0.html

I'm doing a separate temporary release because I need to know if the HTML5 worker threads are going to work for most browsers.  There are varying degrees of support so I tried to stick to the very basic stuff.  Worker threads lets us get into multi-core processing so this is a good thing to know about...

EDIT:  Filtering 130K keys started almost instantly (about 1 sec to download the filter as shown in the network tab) and took 3 minutes to filter.  In my case about 500 keys remained.  After clicking import the wallet was ready in about 5 seconds.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 02:02:02 pm by jcalfee1 »