Author Topic: Keyhotee Founder ID Registration Process  (Read 22795 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Re: Keyhotee Founder ID Registration Process
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2014, 09:42:19 pm »
Are there OSX / linux binaries? I'm having trouble building from source

I am working on OSX binaries but am having problems with the loading of Qt Image plugins when I package it for distribution.  I have a bounty out to help solve this problem.

Not sure if this is the same problem but I had some Qt dependency issues and fixed them with

Code: [Select]
set ( CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH ${CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH} ";/usr/local/Cellar/qt5/5.2.0/lib/cmake;" )
After installing qt5 with brew
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2014, 09:46:16 pm »
I installed Qt5 found here. I installed to ~/Qt5.2.0 and then I ran

QTDIR="~/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/gcc64/" cmake .

This builds fine on Debian. Replace 64 by 32 on 32 bit systems.
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke

Offline toast

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2014, 09:47:17 pm »
I installed Qt5 found here. I installed to ~/Qt5.2.0 and then I ran

QTDIR="~/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/gcc64/" cmake .

This builds fine on Debian. Replace 64 by 32 on 32 bit systems.

linux builds are working fine, problem is for osx
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline earthbound

• View Profile
    • earthbound.io
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2014, 10:35:10 pm »
I've tried sending test messages to every public key I've seen posted here, from my Founder ID and also from a test ID; I'll wait for any replies.

The public key of my test ID is:

6wnrX9pWu8BojZoGNVD9TzH4DM9aiAPuUDk819gQ8CUbvW8HZk

I would be curious to know whether the private key for this can be acquired and imported into anyone elses' profile, to make an impromptu test list (shared ID).
I think I'm not alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless dominion of our solar system. -Jack Handey

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2014, 10:36:15 pm »
I will reply when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2014, 10:57:48 pm »

when i try to create a new contact with your pubk i get error "Unable to find ID"
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2014, 10:59:21 pm »

when i try to create a new contact with your pubk i get error "Unable to find ID"

Put the key in the public key field not keyhotee Id field.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2014, 11:00:35 pm »

Put the key in the public key field not keyhotee Id field.

absolutly right .. my mistake! thx
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:09:28 pm by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline pvaladares

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2014, 11:36:16 pm »
Public key : 65GYPhkcmJFy8fDJ3gpZWVeGbi1Afg6AxNo1H2Ho1qeo32c5FJ

So far the only bug I found was in the initial menu: the "Generate Random" button was always disabled.
PTS : PkbJAm9uxuGgC9n2NVwWYs8bvX3Mj8uAg3 | MMC : M91vp33SSVBG7N3X9CbrgMcwSBxTDQeDAb
BTC : 1CrAkkYZrVCnwDKSBw3bcnMSYMakEhfB6N
Trade BTC/PTS @ cryptsy.com

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2014, 11:37:26 pm »
Thanks for update. What if one person own two Keyhotee IDs, is it OK if he use the same identity?

This actually raised another question in my mind. If I have another persons information, what's stopping me from posing as someone else through Keyhotee? I mean like if I had my friends License and Passport/Social Insurance number and created a Keyhotee ID under his name? This would be easily done since you are aloud to have multiple identities.

No worry about this. The personal info. is just for strengthen your brain wallet security, will not be shared to anyone else, it's just in your wallet data. No one can see it and you could not show it to anyone, and even you could show it means nothing... In my mind, the Keyhotee ID is a new identity of everyone, no direct relationship to the real world identity and any other identities(e.g. ID on this forum) in the Keyhotee system itself.

But when Keyhotee officially launches you will be able to purchase things online from say Amazon with your Identity, and they see your name and address.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2014, 11:38:35 pm »
Thanks for update. What if one person own two Keyhotee IDs, is it OK if he use the same identity?

This actually raised another question in my mind. If I have another persons information, what's stopping me from posing as someone else through Keyhotee? I mean like if I had my friends License and Passport/Social Insurance number and created a Keyhotee ID under his name? This would be easily done since you are aloud to have multiple identities.

No worry about this. The personal info. is just for strengthen your brain wallet security, will not be shared to anyone else, it's just in your wallet data. No one can see it and you could not show it to anyone, and even you could show it means nothing... In my mind, the Keyhotee ID is a new identity of everyone, no direct relationship to the real world identity and any other identities(e.g. ID on this forum) in the Keyhotee system itself.

But when Keyhotee officially launches you will be able to purchase things online from say Amazon with your Identity, and they see your name and address.

Amazon support is probably a ways out ;)   But you will have control over who sees what and when. 

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2014, 11:48:59 pm »

Amazon support is probably a ways out ;)   But you will have control over who sees what and when.

Yes but if I held anothers information and created an ID with it, and bought something using that identity showing their information, it would come up as that person buying that item correct? Sounds a little like identity theft.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2014, 11:50:11 pm »

Yes but if I held anothers information and created an ID with it, and bought something using that identity showing their information, it would come up as that person buying that item correct? Sounds a little like identity theft.

That would be a self-signed ID which wouldn't be as authoritative as having a signing authority vouch for you.

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2014, 11:51:35 pm »

That would be a self-signed ID which wouldn't be as authoritative as having a signing authority vouch for you.

Also assuming they took crypto you'd either need access to their private key to pay for it, steal their credit card info, or pay for it yourself.  So you may look like them but it'd be your cash unless you also stole their money.

Offline toast

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2014, 12:03:49 am »
Do you intend to make a standalone linux binary? I want to generate my key on my offline ubuntu box, don't want to have to download and compile stuff