Author Topic: Hangout Attendance | 10-23-2015 (Test Sending w/ Bot)  (Read 10079 times)

Offline emailtooaj

The system doesn't correlated bitsharestalk account -> BTS wallet (because not all users have one specified).

The workflow works like this right now (I will use fuzzy as the example here):

Fuzzy deposits his BROWNIE.PTS into our system (using the memo code provided on his profile as btstip.io) and waits for the transaction to confirm
Fuzzy then proceeds to tip whoever he wants on the forums using their forum name

If a user mapping does not exist within the system already (forum name -> forum id ... e.g. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=38721 is your profile, so 38721 is your id) then you are looked up via the 'Search Member' function on the forum. If a mapping is then found, you're stored in a cache so you won't need to be looked up again.

Once the user id can be determined a tip is generated and the tip is PM'd to the user, as well as a post being made on the forum (the bot prioritizes PMing over posting, so if you make 10 tips in one post, it will not begin posting until all 10 tips are PM'd).

A user then claims their tip from the link provided in the PM to their btstip.io account (no transaction fee imposed upon either the tipper, or the tip receiver).

At a users convenience they can withdraw their tip from the system (and be charged a transaction fee), to do so a user must first have a withdrawal code saved. If a user does not have one they can generate one (every 24h) which will then be PMed to the user (this is for "proof of account" purposes).

Using the withdrawal code, you can then withdraw the funds from your btstip.io account to a wallet and also specify an optional memo (allowing you to also withdraw funds directly to an exchange).

---

@tonyk I don't see your user id even in the cache, did you receive a tip or what? Your user id is 11011 on the forums.
No, I was concerned you blindly send the tip directly to the account, if you find a matching account on the BTS blockchain to the forum name.

Not that I like the mass amount of forum spamming that this tipping thing do achieve already, but at least the concrete issue above did exist only in my mind.

+5% tonyk ^^^^ why didn't you just state in that context earlier? 
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline emailtooaj

Right now the bot is in the process of looking up usernames to translate username -> user id, as the bot looks up more users this will become a faster processed as this mapping is cached.

Who the bleep came with this piece of nonsense? I am for sure NOT the owner of *tonyk* or *tonyk2*.
 so you gonna send tips to random accounts just cause the bot thinks the names match?
Good thing you weren't on the list, so nothing to worry about [emoji12]
I sure hope at least you get the point behind your post, cause it doesn't look like any from the outside.

Com'on tonyk, even an outsider can clearly see/read "Test Sending w/Bot"  on the Subject line... yet you feel the need to lambaste people that are trying to build a functioning tipbot for our forum which has nothing to do with BTS main project. 
So yes, I'm keenly aware of my surroundings along with the comment I made.  Does life suck so bad that you need to pick on a tipbot?
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
The system doesn't correlated bitsharestalk account -> BTS wallet (because not all users have one specified).

Fuzzy deposits his BROWNIE.PTS into our system (using the memo code provided on his profile as btstip.io) and waits for the transaction to confirm
Fuzzy then proceeds to tip whoever he wants on the forums using their forum name

If a user mapping does not exist within the system already (forum name -> forum id ... e.g. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=38721 is your profile, so 38721 is your id) then you are looked up via the 'Search Member' function on the forum. If a mapping is then found, you're stored in a cache so you won't need to be looked up again.

Once the user id can be determined a tip is generated and the tip is PM'd to the user, as well as a post being made on the forum (the bot prioritizes PMing over posting, so if you make 10 tips in one post, it will not begin posting until all 10 tips are PM'd).

A user then claims their tip from the link provided in the PM to their btstip.io account (no transaction fee imposed upon either the tipper, or the tip receiver).

At a users convenience they can withdraw their tip from the system (and be charged a transaction fee), to do so a user must first have a withdrawal code saved. If a user does not have one they can generate one (every 24h) which will then be PMed to the user (this is for "proof of account" purposes).

Using the withdrawal code, you can then withdraw the funds from your btstip.io account to a wallet and also specify an optional memo (allowing you to also withdraw funds directly to an exchange).

---

@tonyk I don't see your user id even in the cache, did you receive a tip or what? Your user id is 11011 on the forums.
No, I was concerned you blindly send the tip directly to the account, if you find a matching account on the BTS blockchain to the forum name.

Not that I like the mass amount of forum spamming that this tipping thing do achieve already, but at least the concrete issue above did exist only in my mind.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hybr1d

---

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:39:42 pm by hybridd »
http://sharebits.io - #sharebits "person" amount asset - Start tipping on bitsharestalk today!
Developer @ Freebie

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Right now the bot is in the process of looking up usernames to translate username -> user id, as the bot looks up more users this will become a faster processed as this mapping is cached.

Who the bleep came with this piece of nonsense? I am for sure NOT the owner of *tonyk* or *tonyk2*.
 so you gonna send tips to random accounts just cause the bot thinks the names match?
I sure hope at least you get the point behind your post, cause it doesn't look like any from the outside.

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
@Fuzzy - not sure the mechanics of the BTStripper ;) but i believe(not sure) it works on forum names, the list originally posted contains Mumble Names mapped to BTS Account names, or just plain old Mumble username i.e testz.mobile (this would occur if the Mumble name has not been associated to a BTS username via the Google doc or Chat comments (when you request everyone to provide their BTS name)).

Therefore even if the BTSTip was not hitting a 20msg limit; the account names mentioned in the original post are not all forum names, actually they are a mixture of Mumble Usernames and (where available) BTS account Names associated to the original mumble names which may correspond to users forum usernames but not in all cases

Case In Point
Testz.mobile - Mumble name (does not correspond to forum username: testz)
BTSXKing - BTS Account name (derived from Mumble -> BTS Account mapping data) (does not correspond to forum username: Gchicken)
Bytemaster - Mumble name, coincidently corresponds to forum username.

@hybridd - how is this working; does it lookup BTS Account name registered in the users forum account and then send funds to the BTS wallet? or are the fund sent off blockchain to the forum users tipping account? what is the expected input (Mumble,Forum,BTS) usernames?

Cheers,
GC

The expected input is a bitsharestalk username, the bot has no way of correlating mumble or a BTS account to a bitsharestalk user id at this time, so yes this was an error on fuzzy's end for using their mumble names and not their bitsharestalk usernames as well as my own for over looking this and not pointing it out to fuzzy. Thanks.

From your previous comments i am assuming that if provided with a bitsharestalk username the bot can lookup of the BTS wallet from the account profile?? (mentioned above regarding caching/mapping). 
are all transactions offchain and kept within the accounts on BTSTip.io? or tips sent directly to BTS Wallets?

Offline GChicken

• View Profile

Hi Tony :)
Interested to know why you focused on *tonyk* or *tonyk2* - did you receive a message or something to prompt this response?

I think the idea was to test distributing your favourite UIA via the BTSTip bot.. seem like there is still a couple of hurdles to over come, web UI looks nice though http://btstip.io/Home/Dashboard?username=tonyk

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
@Fuzzy - not sure the mechanics of the BTStripper ;) but i believe(not sure) it works on forum names, the list originally posted contains Mumble Names mapped to BTS Account names, or just plain old Mumble username i.e testz.mobile (this would occur if the Mumble name has not been associated to a BTS username via the Google doc or Chat comments (when you request everyone to provide their BTS name)).

Therefore even if the BTSTip was not hitting a 20msg limit; the account names mentioned in the original post are not all forum names, actually they are a mixture of Mumble Usernames and (where available) BTS account Names associated to the original mumble names which may correspond to users forum usernames but not in all cases

Case In Point
BTSXKing - BTS Account name (derived from Mumble -> BTS Account mapping data) (does not correspond to forum username: Gchicken)

@hybridd - how is this working; does it lookup BTS Account name registered in the users forum account and then send funds to the BTS wallet? or are the fund sent off blockchain to the forum users tipping account? what is the expected input (Mumble,Forum,BTS) usernames?

Cheers,
GC

The expected input is a bitsharestalk username, the bot has no way of correlating mumble or a BTS account to a bitsharestalk user id at this time, so yes this was an error on fuzzy's end for using their mumble names and not their bitsharestalk usernames as well as my own for over looking this and not pointing it out to fuzzy. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:44:44 pm by hybridd »
http://sharebits.io - #sharebits "person" amount asset - Start tipping on bitsharestalk today!
Developer @ Freebie

Offline GChicken

• View Profile

Case In Point

Cheers,
GC

Offline emailtooaj

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
Well once again , we seem to have ran into an issue so I'm going to disable all the tips that went out for BROWNIE.PTS and re-credit fuzzy, the bot encountered this error as it was trying to distribute the BROWNIE.PTS,

You have exceeded the limit of 20 personal messages per hour.

The bot has been  taken offline until this issue can be resolved with the assistance of a forum administrator / mod.

To anyone in the last 24 hours (about ~20 people) who received a message stating they have been tipped BROWNIE.PTS or BTS from fuzzy, please ignore it as all tips have been invalidated and cannot be claimed until our issues stated above are resolved.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 01:30:37 pm by hybridd »
Developer @ Freebie

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
Yeah, I have invalidated the BTS tips that went out and re-credited Fuzzy's BTS within the system.
http://btstip.io/Home/Dashboard?username=fuzzy

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 12:58:07 pm by hybridd »
Developer @ Freebie

Offline testz

Yeah, sorry I failed to mention we had disabled tipping UIA's due to changes we were under going last night, I'm re-enabling it now so it should get processed shortly.

You will rollback BTS tipping which was done by bot?

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
Yeah, sorry I failed to mention we had disabled tipping UIA's due to changes we were under going last night, I'm re-enabling it now so it should get processed shortly.
Edit: I also just disabled all the tips that previously had been issued from fuzzys post since they were issued as BTS and not BROWNIE.PTS while I had UIA's disabled.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 12:53:21 pm by hybridd »
Developer @ Freebie