Author Topic: Would you Help BTS Community for Brownies?  (Read 6887 times)

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
I am willing to do what I can.  I don't have any volunteer ideas though, so I would need to see a list...

Offline fuzzy

What kind of pay rate are we looking at for brownies?  I believe BM was using about 100 brownies per hour of work... at current market rates that is about 500bts/hour or 2.25$/hour.

I know that there is not a lot of money to go around, but one would be better off working at McDonalds for minimum wage and just buying brownies.  They would end up with 3-4 times as many brownies for the same amount of time worked.

Well that is only if you think brownies will never get sharedropped on by really amazing projects.  I assure you I plan on advocating brownies and bts be sharedropped on by many projects in the future.  But that is only effective if I get community backing because it isn't me---it is you---who give me the power to make my advocacy effective.

By working for such a low rate of pay, you are identifying yourself as a very very special (and hard to find) demographic for project leaders....
I do not ask you to work for them if you do not want to jay, it is completely up to you.  But if you believe I am a person of my word and feel it is important to help me accomplish many future sharedrops...then you might find that working for brownies ends up paying you far more.  Maybe not...it really is up to you. 

Regardless, I cannot promise you anything other than my intentions to help for as long as I can advocate for the brownie bakers.  It is up to you to make that decision. Trust me, I don't judge on this---if I (and the other team members) had put the amount of hours into working at even mcdonalds, and never worked for bts (just sat by and watched from afar), I would be sitting on a very nice horde of bts by now...but then again, that bts would not be backed by a community who trusts the core devs so much.  So in taking that path...I would have likely hurt my own "hodlings" as well as everyone else's.  I'd also have to worry far more about the stability of a coin with far less community chops ;)

Some already have made the decision to be part of this and I personally believe brownies will be very very valuable someday...especially if its holders represent a demographic it currently represents.   :)

I get the whole sacrafice and work for equity now in hopes that the equity becomes worth much more.  I have nothing against that.  I'm just wondering if the pay will continue to be 100brownies/hour?  Will some work be paid more?

Some might be, but dont make your decision expecting it at this juncture.  There are no promises with brownies, but I am not afraid to pay people more if the work is exemplary or has strong support from the community in some way.

Thank you for your questions and also thank you for your support.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I'm willing to help in any way I can.  Brownies or not.  I'm here for the cause.
Me too.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
What kind of pay rate are we looking at for brownies?  I believe BM was using about 100 brownies per hour of work... at current market rates that is about 500bts/hour or 2.25$/hour.

I know that there is not a lot of money to go around, but one would be better off working at McDonalds for minimum wage and just buying brownies.  They would end up with 3-4 times as many brownies for the same amount of time worked.

Well that is only if you think brownies will never get sharedropped on by really amazing projects.  I assure you I plan on advocating brownies and bts be sharedropped on by many projects in the future.  But that is only effective if I get community backing because it isn't me---it is you---who give me the power to make my advocacy effective.

By working for such a low rate of pay, you are identifying yourself as a very very special (and hard to find) demographic for project leaders....
I do not ask you to work for them if you do not want to jay, it is completely up to you.  But if you believe I am a person of my word and feel it is important to help me accomplish many future sharedrops...then you might find that working for brownies ends up paying you far more.  Maybe not...it really is up to you. 

Regardless, I cannot promise you anything other than my intentions to help for as long as I can advocate for the brownie bakers.  It is up to you to make that decision. Trust me, I don't judge on this---if I (and the other team members) had put the amount of hours into working at even mcdonalds, and never worked for bts (just sat by and watched from afar), I would be sitting on a very nice horde of bts by now...but then again, that bts would not be backed by a community who trusts the core devs so much.  So in taking that path...I would have likely hurt my own "hodlings" as well as everyone else's.  I'd also have to worry far more about the stability of a coin with far less community chops ;)

Some already have made the decision to be part of this and I personally believe brownies will be very very valuable someday...especially if its holders represent a demographic it currently represents.   :)

I get the whole sacrafice and work for equity now in hopes that the equity becomes worth much more.  I have nothing against that.  I'm just wondering if the pay will continue to be 100brownies/hour?  Will some work be paid more?

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
You know I'm down for the cause, and some days i think brownie points might be the most valuable asset in my portfolio, so yes, I will do work for brownies.
As much as I can afford to anyhow... since I don't sell brownies, and I still need to eat (and these brownies aren't actually edible) ...and there are only so many hours in the day. ;)

For the record, I'll also work for any BitAsset, provided it has some measurable value.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
I like the initiative and I'm definitely willing to help.

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 06:28:42 pm by fuzzy »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

I'll help out... granted i'm not sure what use I can actually be

Everyone is good at something.  Just think about how you would like to help...and don't be afraid to falter.  It happens (trust me I need reminders on that as well sometimes).  But you only get better and find out more about yourself by trying :)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 05:34:52 pm by fuzzy »

Offline DestBest

BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I'll help out... granted i'm not sure what use I can actually be

Offline mangou007

I am too willing to help in anyway I can... You can count on me ;)

(@fuzzy in the PM you sent it was a link to the brownie owner thread, not this one, I guess it is not on purpose :P )
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline fuzzy

There are quite a few problems with the concept of brownies as a standalone currency, the biggest of all i see is that brownie holders are encouraged to do just that, hold them, and using them as a liquid currency is somewhat frowned upon... honestly i think we have this backward, it should be completely liquid and used to pass through from good work -> bts -> btc

obviously this might strike some people as odd, I like the concept of holding brownies too and will always hold some no matter what happens, however I need to point something out... brownies will never become worthless. Freebie has THREE projects in the pipeline, the soonest to release is btstip, and we will be dropping massive portions of our equity on brownies because of the large support and backing from this community and the beyond bitcoin guys... personally im buying up a bunch of brownies and so are my team because we want to sell and distribute them as much as possible...

to that end we have two major focuses with the btstip and barterr projects were working on;

we enabled UIA TIPPING and UIA exchange markets

as of right now you can tip each other UIA, this is super useful for the liquidity of brownies, and as soon as barter comes out it will support a brownie-bts and btownie-btc market... hold your brownies, or sell them, either way you will be earning massive gains for participating in the concept because freebie will constantly be supporting and spreading them.

Loving it :)

I'm willing to help in any way I can.  Brownies or not.  I'm here for the cause.

Yes you are...but that only makes you a more worthwhile person to bring onboard. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 06:21:53 pm by fuzzy »

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads