Author Topic: bts profitability chart - a picture worth a thousand words  (Read 4177 times)

Offline fuzzy

AFAIK @roadscape is steadily adding similar functionality to cryptofresh, which may or may not include easily digestible presentation of this data.

I don't know what's next on his to-do list, I know he's got his hands full atm, but maybe you can make it rain Brownies to keep his spirits up. ;)

I think the OP is a great idea, and if we can get this data Cassified somehow, we all win!

If you can get the community onboard for me to "make it rain" them, i will gladly do so.  If not, ill gladly pay the going rate for it to be done :)
If done really well im willing to give some extra...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
AFAIK @roadscape is steadily adding similar functionality to cryptofresh, which may or may not include easily digestible presentation of this data.

I don't know what's next on his to-do list, I know he's got his hands full atm, but maybe you can make it rain Brownies to keep his spirits up. ;)

I think the OP is a great idea, and if we can get this data Cassified somehow, we all win!

Offline fuzzy

Would this be something worth brownies to build? 
Please post this and pm me with a link to the post once accomplished and I'll gladly distribute brownies for it...as long as it seems people are interested in doing so ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 05:47:34 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline theoretical

@mike623317 : Every maintenance interval, we record the historical stats of the budget.  These can be accessed as objects 2.13.x.

The reserve is the sum of the three "from" fields, from_initial_reserve, from_accumulated_fees, from_unused_witness_budget.  It represents the overall inflation cap, i.e., the total number of the additional core asset (i.e., BTS) that will ever be able to come into existence.

The total_budget is the amount of core asset that can be allocated to workers or witness pay.  Depending on what the committee and voters do, up to total_budget can be spent; exceeding the total_budget would require a hardfork.

The total_budget is calculated as a tiny fraction of the reserve, specifically, 17 / 2**32 times the number of seconds in a maintenance interval, rounded up.  This number was chosen to initially give about the same rate of creating BTS as 101 delegates all with 100% pay in BTS 0.x.

witness_budget is how much is reserved for witness pay.  This is the time to next maintenance interval times witness pay.

worker_budget is how much is available for workers to be paid.  Witnesses have higher priority than workers.

leftover_worker_funds is how much is available for workers to be paid.

supply_delta is how much the supply changed due to fees and budget logic operation during this maintenance interval.  It does not include activities like manual reserve/burn of assets, or the operation of reserve/burn workers.

Right now there is one reserve worker, 1.14.0.  Like "normal" workers, the reserve worker is voted to receive BTS with the worker system; unlike "normal" workers, the chain itself forces a reserve worker to immediately return all of its funds to the reserve.  So the supply delta in budget_record_object misleadingly indicates the network is massively unprofitable, since it does not account for the fact that most of the BTS go to reserve400k and are burned returned to the reserve.  This needs to be fixed, and tracking of e.g. how much a worker has received needs to be implemented.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Offline noisy

Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i would love to – but for this i would need inputs .. stats anything i can start work with
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 03:54:24 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
bytemaster mentioned in a recent hangout that bitshares is starting to get profitable (ie. more shares burned by fees than created).  Can someone should build an indicator & chart that measures how much bitshares is profitable  and post it on the website?  It could show both with and without referral fees if possible.  I know seeing that number go higher would motivate me as an investor.  It would be a great promotion for the referral program.  And if the number goes down.... well, we've got more work to do. :)
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999