Author Topic: The worst thing for BTS is this forum  (Read 6335 times)

Offline fuzzy

I'm sick of coming on here and reading negative shit.
But your OP isn't exactly positive, is it?

As for Technical support you can always limit yourself to this area so you won't be exposed to "negative shit".

As for Developers updates we have Friday mumble hang-outs for that - but I understand it might not be suitable for a wider audience as it requires time on a regular basis.
So I agree - we should also have a publicly available weekly devs update, like MaidSafe does it.

Dont forget that those unable to attend will also get the opportunity to listen to those weekly updates on beyondbitcoin.org :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
I have been on a few forums, and involved in a few crypto currencies... I know emotions run high, and low, I also realise people are very passionate about it, which is great.

While I would concede that this forum appears to be more "mature" than most, I don't think its working in the best interest of the mass audience/potential investors. Large corporations and/or successful ventures don't allow anything negative to be viewed by their audience. You could argue that this is a free market, open and transparent etc etc... but we want your neighbour, brother, friend to get involved, we want "mass adoption".

Fuzzy, the recent video I viewed (from a link on this forum) where a few guys went across the country interviewing people, including yourself, really blew me away and invigorated my interest in the project.

Some of the posts I read on here make me cringe and ask, what are we doing here?

I think the "brand" and product really needs to be managed better in terms of what is available for the public to read. Sure have back channels for venting, but not out in the open -  this needs mass adoption to be successful, case in point we have an excellent product with global potential, but look where we are in terms of market cap.

Those videos are awesome, they should be front and center, people would rather watch than read... we should have milestones and goals kicked prominently listed. We need to think about marketing more on this forum, as well as the official website, as it is a well known source of information.

As for the responses in terms of "get out now"... you make me smile, what in to the newly minted USD with $20 trillion dollar debt ceiling?! No, you won't get rid of me that easily.
KD, there are negative vibes on this forum but there are also a lot of positive vibes and critical analysis.  The trouble is that we all have our ups and downs and the chances are that someone is always going to be having a down at any one point in time.  What's more, It takes time and effort for anyone new to a forum to get to know it's character, history and participants.  I don't think negativity is a problem, it is actually essential for motivating fresh analysis.  That being said, the greater the degree of understanding and courtesy we can show for one and other, the more efficiently our rational minds can influence a point of discussion or arrive at a constructive outcome.  We are not always going to succeed.....there's just too much passion, but we can make the attempt and in doing so, achieve a higher, more productive standard for communication.

Offline bitacer

To the op... You will find this forums mood generally reflects whichever way the price is moving... Fear and greed baby!  Welcome to the bipolar emotional roller coasters that are finance forums... Nothing taps into our emotions like money.

Also remember people feel the pain of loss 7x greater than the joy of a win...

Offline KD

• View Profile
I have been on a few forums, and involved in a few crypto currencies... I know emotions run high, and low, I also realise people are very passionate about it, which is great.

While I would concede that this forum appears to be more "mature" than most, I don't think its working in the best interest of the mass audience/potential investors. Large corporations and/or successful ventures don't allow anything negative to be viewed by their audience. You could argue that this is a free market, open and transparent etc etc... but we want your neighbour, brother, friend to get involved, we want "mass adoption".

Fuzzy, the recent video I viewed (from a link on this forum) where a few guys went across the country interviewing people, including yourself, really blew me away and invigorated my interest in the project.

Some of the posts I read on here make me cringe and ask, what are we doing here?

I think the "brand" and product really needs to be managed better in terms of what is available for the public to read. Sure have back channels for venting, but not out in the open -  this needs mass adoption to be successful, case in point we have an excellent product with global potential, but look where we are in terms of market cap.

Those videos are awesome, they should be front and center, people would rather watch than read... we should have milestones and goals kicked prominently listed. We need to think about marketing more on this forum, as well as the official website, as it is a well known source of information.

As for the responses in terms of "get out now"... you make me smile, what in to the newly minted USD with $20 trillion dollar debt ceiling?! No, you won't get rid of me that easily.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
I'm not bitching on here, I believe in it and I don't want to read about it.

Yes, you are bitching pretty hard dude. Take it easy.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
The pillars on what BTS is build on is *freedom of speech* and this community!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:44:09 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
To the op... You will find this forums mood generally reflects whichever way the price is moving... Fear and greed baby!  Welcome to the bipolar emotional roller coasters that are finance forums... Nothing taps into our emotions like money.

Also remember people feel the pain of loss 7x greater than the joy of a win...

Offline fuzzy

We are working on improving many things about the forums and dposhub is also in the works.  There are many things for many people. :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Tuck Fheman

Guys, you link to this forum on the Bitshares.org website!

Marketing is not really your forte is it? Prospects only need to read one or 2 post and say, ah yeah probably not for me... in fact, yes this post should probably be deleted. I will delete at the end of the day, so a few people get the message.

I have to assume this is the only cryptocurrency forum you've ever visited, because it's not different from any other, except that it's more mature than most.

With your logic, Bitcoin doesn't stand a chance (because BTT).

So why are you here again?

Get out while you can! Sell all teh BitShares!

If you don't sell to me at this ridiculously low price I swear I'm going to meme the shit out of this forum tonight!!!
   :P

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
I'm 47. I have two teenagers, a house, a dog, and a wonderful wife. I lost 25 BTC today, and except my losses like an adult. I don't blame anybody... maybe you should do the same instead of acting like a whining little bitch. By far the most immature post I have read in the past year.

I didn't lose anything today. In fact I haven't lost anything in months... whining little bitch, BTC... are you in the right forum? This is BTS, correct?

You act like a whining little bitch posting negative stuff, bravo for your antimeta thread of the day award.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline canucklehead

• View Profile
I was long BTS... hence the BTC loss. Pretty sure 99.99% of the people reading that would understand. What else don't you understand?

Offline konelectric

For the people that truly believe in this project, the negative shit bounces off then and sticks to someone else.   
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 10:45:45 pm by konelectric »
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline KD

• View Profile
I'm 47. I have two teenagers, a house, a dog, and a wonderful wife. I lost 25 BTC today, and except my losses like an adult. I don't blame anybody... maybe you should do the same instead of acting like a whining little bitch. By far the most immature post I have read in the past year.

I didn't lose anything today. In fact I haven't lost anything in months... whining little bitch, BTC... are you in the right forum? This is BTS, correct?

Offline KD

• View Profile
Guys, you link to this forum on the Bitshares.org website!

Marketing is not really your forte is it? Prospects only need to read one or 2 post and say, ah yeah probably not for me... in fact, yes this post should probably be deleted. I will delete at the end of the day, so a few people get the message.

jakub

I'm sick of coming on here and reading negative shit.
But your OP isn't exactly positive, is it?

As for Technical support you can always limit yourself to this area so you won't be exposed to "negative shit".

As for Developers updates we have Friday mumble hang-outs for that - but I understand it might not be suitable for a wider audience as it requires time on a regular basis.
So I agree - we should also have a publicly available weekly devs update, like MaidSafe does it.