Author Topic: Wow. That was a shitty day for bitshares  (Read 14811 times)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
This is the price we pay not only for high fees but also for hypes from the Devs for a release that still has bugs, is not user friendly, we have to re-imagine everything if we want to trade with leverage in the new system, rules to trade and how you get margin called are not explained properly and keep changing, no marketing, nanocards and other services promised months ago, not a single whale is supporting bitshares and the small people with few funds just lost everything..
I think re instating the confidence in bts will take another couple of years..It is so depressing.. I am just sad...

It was hard to hear, but in the recent interview Adam said exactly that. That basically the GUI is not user friendly, not polished and that Bitshares never quite gets finished before being put out there. I agree that hopefully some decent developer is going to build a great gui and get all the referrals, but as of today its simply not polished enough and its hard to hear.

On the other side, we have a great backend. Even Adam admitted thats its the best out there. That's perfect news. He wants to integrate it with his platform and from what i see on the forum, hes not sure how to do it and is kind of giving up.

I know we have limited resources, but it does reinforce this perception that we cant quite bring home the bacon with a polished, easy to use, easy to understand product. All our attention should be on the front end so that it works in all browsers, have an app in the AppStore and the GUI is as polished as poloniex. I love BMs teaser in the mumble and thats what he's good at. But i really wish we had a equally good front end built.

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile
The reason why this really sucks is because bitcoin is rising so strongly... It makes us feel like idiots because we tried to be the smartest guys in the room and pick an alternative currency because we thought we had an inside track.

When I told my friends and family that I was investing in bitcoin, they thought I was an idiot destined to lose all my money.  I didn't tell them I invested in bitshares, since they don't know the difference.  All they know is it is some digital money.

Now they see bitcoin rising like an absolute monster while getting tons of media attention.  They go to me "Wow! you invest in the bitcoins right?  You must be doing awesome! Tell me more about these things!"

Little do they know that I actually bought into some other thing not bitcoin...  A thing similar but not the same that has lost tremendous value since I bought it.  So here we are.  We were right on the story that crypto would become immensely valuable, but somehow we managed to go broke in the process...That is the ultimate kick in the nuts!
I am happy to see you burned.hahahhaa.
sb.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
The reason why this really sucks is because bitcoin is rising so strongly... It makes us feel like idiots because we tried to be the smartest guys in the room and pick an alternative currency because we thought we had an inside track.

When I told my friends and family that I was investing in bitcoin, they thought I was an idiot destined to lose all my money.  I didn't tell them I invested in bitshares, since they don't know the difference.  All they know is it is some digital money.

Now they see bitcoin rising like an absolute monster while getting tons of media attention.  They go to me "Wow! you invest in the bitcoins right?  You must be doing awesome! Tell me more about these things!"

Little do they know that I actually bought into some other thing not bitcoin...  A thing similar but not the same that has lost tremendous value since I bought it.  So here we are.  We were right on the story that crypto would become immensely valuable, but somehow we managed to go broke in the process...That is the ultimate kick in the nuts!

lol..I face exactly the same situation.. but i mean exactly..people think i am suddnly rich and in reality i am broke..lol..

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline Pheonike

Until we offer some real margin trading, the DEX will be a joke to traders and never pickup. All that volume on Polo should have been on the  DEX if we had are sh*t together.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
This is the price we pay not only for high fees but also for hypes from the Devs for a release that still has bugs, is not user friendly, we have to re-imagine everything if we want to trade with leverage in the new system, rules to trade and how you get margin called are not explained properly and keep changing, no marketing, nanocards and other services promised months ago, not a single whale is supporting bitshares and the small people with few funds just lost everything..
I think re instating the confidence in bts will take another couple of years..It is so depressing.. I am just sad...

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
it is a bad day ,  this the price we pay for stupid (high fee) , I had  warned a weeks ago.
but I did not sell one bts  ,I am waiting for changing ,  -%5%
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 02:42:05 pm by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
kudos to anyone with the balls to buy this blood bath

seriously??
Kudos to those that were holding and buying since the initial pumps of c$80 mil and still haven't sold even if they lost most of them in margin trading long, or any other way they try to support bts..
If I had sold when I should have done looooong time ago and had any money left I would be buying like crazy now..Those buying in this blood now have no kudos..just common sense...

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

Where is @Ander when we need him?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Wow.  That was a shitty day for bitshares. 

Lift your head look around.  You're still alive.  If you are like me then you are a bit poorer for it.  If you are not then fuck you I don't really want to hear about it.  (just kidding feel free to gloat.  We always need reminders of how trashy people act.)

Like many of you I feel as if I was just kicked in the nuts.  over and over again.  I feel as if I live in the quiet little hamlet of BitShares, and the evil dragon Margin of Polo has lain waste to my kinsmen.  Burned many alive.  Scared many others away to live in the wastes.  Forgetting why they ever called BitShares home.  There were some just here for coin.  I wont miss them.  There were however some that understood that neither profit nor wealth could ever be completely measured in dollars nor even btc.  That attempting to measure your profit or wealth in the symbol of your enslavement only makes you more of a slave.  If any of those have been scared away they will be missed.  Even the ones I think are assholes.  The potential loss of human capital is far more concerning than that hideous to watch drop in price. 

I think its important to put shitty days behind you.  If you don't then you tend towards having a shitty now.  I would much rather have a shitty yesterday than a shitty now. 

Anyways just the thoughts a 35 year old man that answers to the forum name puppies.  I understand if that doesn't increase your confidence in my opinion.

I hear you Puppies.....but the occasional slamming reminds you just how robust those fun-berries actually are!  The human capital you mention, represented by those minds that are awake to the reality of the world in which we live, will not be so easily dissuaded.  In fact, i feel certain that the BitShares community can only grow as more and more people who were searching for a genuine alternative to the system that is destroying their environment, freedom and future....eventually find us.  I can speak only for myself but i am not here by chance, I haven't stayed for profit.  The idea of BitShares gave a home to my deep and implacable conviction that we can do better and that the collateral cost of the current system is absolutely, insanely, monstrous.  As long as BitShares represents the highest standards of governance and ideology, supported by unfettered innovation, collaboration and economic sense.......this is the only place to be.  I feel sure so many feel something similar.  I look forward to the day that the BitShares price is the result of a deep market within the DEX on the back of massive utility based demand.

Offline bitacer

The feeling I have is that BTS is like on a seesaw with BTC , and speculators keep switching sides. Call me anything you like but this looks like a good sign to me.

Offline Thom

Short term swings don't matter if you believe we're going much higher. It's just some trader cashing out and making the chart guys think they're seeing Mt. Everest or the Marianna Trench. Forest for the trees; I don't even bother checking CMC most days. This volatility will get sorted out soon and we'll get some wider adoption, then begin a slow and steady increase that we can sustain. Until then, the movements are just noise.

Quiet down and pass the koolaid. I'm feeling parched!

As you can see I don't pay too much attention to the price. I tend to more as VPS fees come due. With the total monthly BTS pay down around 41K, it's about half the USD BM targeted, gross pay before expenses.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Short term swings don't matter if you believe we're going much higher. It's just some trader cashing out and making the chart guys think they're seeing Mt. Everest or the Marianna Trench. Forest for the trees; I don't even bother checking CMC most days. This volatility will get sorted out soon and we'll get some wider adoption, then begin a slow and steady increase that we can sustain. Until then, the movements are just noise.