Author Topic: 3rd Party Trading Interfaces Using the bitshares DEX  (Read 7481 times)

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
It seems that what we need is the trade section of the wallet looks like Poloniex, so we can slowly eat the crypto trading makets because we have a cool UI and funds are blockchain safe.

Next to that, we would need to have a way to connect (not create) something like MT4 to our data so with the trading volume created by the wallet UI we could start attracting professional traders.

totally agree. The DAX does not need to look like MT4. It just needs a simple to integrate API so that already existing Platforms can link into the DAX market.

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
People coming to OL would not see this interface. It would be ppl already using metatrader. I not a pro trader and don't use metatrader, but I don't see the harm in letting it pluginbto BitShares. Crypto users will still have their interface.

+5% exactly

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I think the advanced trading interface (screen shots provided) is terrible for 99% of crypto users / traders.   But it may well be the best for technical traders / day traders.

I think that if our interface looked like what I saw above we would be getting all kinds of complaints from far more users.   The interface is just too busy. 

I am not saying that we shouldn't have such a product.

I think we should look at etrade, etc as examples.   The market for the interface shown above is willing to PAY big dollars to have something that has every bell and whistle.

I can see tremendous value in making the exchange data available in a format that is easily integrated with external interfaces.

This is one case where I think BM is spot on. This ultra detailed and complex GUI is far too busy for your avg user. Might be great for power traders, but how many of those are in our target demographic? THAT's what should take place first, identifying our target demographic AND THEN finding out what they like.
Mt4 is really not for pro traders at all.. Theres no market depth tool built in.. Its really for average people and it really is very well designed ui and not busy. You can always build in the depth plugin like fxpro did but thats besides the point. You need to try it before casting judgement.

Again the big pro is the cross form factor versions that are usable and very handy. Try out the mobile trading app for example.

If you are not focusing on traders then cli is sufficient because then its up to the non trading businesses which build on the dex as an api for their core businesses. If those businesses are mostly eschanges then it makes more sense to do mt4.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:09:30 am by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline gunailei

• View Profile
I think the advanced trading interface (screen shots provided) is terrible for 99% of crypto users / traders.   But it may well be the best for technical traders / day traders.

I think that if our interface looked like what I saw above we would be getting all kinds of complaints from far more users.   The interface is just too busy. 

I think we should look at etrade, etc as examples.   The market for the interface shown above is willing to PAY big dollars to have something that has every bell and whistle.

I can see tremendous value in making the exchange data available in a format that is easily integrated with external interfaces.
great!

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

This is one case where I think BM is spot on. This ultra detailed and complex GUI is far too busy for your avg user. Might be great for power traders, but how many of those are in our target demographic? THAT's what should take place first, identifying our target demographic AND THEN finding out what they like.

BM has been saying our goal is to be a decentralized exchange... That's why we need to be able to plug into a platform like this. Unless we want to be something different...

Offline EstefanTT

It seems that what we need is the trade section of the wallet looks like Poloniex, so we can slowly eat the crypto trading makets because we have a cool UI and funds are blockchain safe.

Next to that, we would need to have a way to connect (not create) something like MT4 to our data so with the trading volume created by the wallet UI we could start attracting professional traders.
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Pheonike

People coming to OL would not see this interface. It would be ppl already using metatrader. I not a pro trader and don't use metatrader, but I don't see the harm in letting it pluginbto BitShares. Crypto users will still have their interface.

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Is there any way that we can partner with someone and get their interface (give them BTS referrals as a result, and maybe payment as a worker or something), and thus get a good interface quickly, instead of you guys having to build one?  Because that would both happen faster and would probably be better than having to cobble one together.
Mt4 is already built.. You just need to plug and play, feeds are even provided but we would provide our own

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Dont pass off an application without using it. Im telling you it works, and you are dismissing things that it offers like ddoss protection and cross platform as well as cross form factor like mobile apps that are intuitive. Ive used it so I would know, and so have others (prediction market in action). Theres a reason why its the goto trading app form99% of the retailers trading forex.

Also you need to do a usability analysis, if you did you would realize that a trading interface seperate from crypto interface may make sense. This way traders can use a trading interface without worrying about other things and crypto functions can work without interference of a trading interface.
Although etrade is nice, metatrader is nicer and alot more third party friendly (it was built for that)

The reason it applies to bitshares are because mpa and ability to do cross symbol trades like eurusd etc.. That would bring in retail forex market of a few hundred million $, the btsusd btsbtc and crypto markets would bring in crypto traders.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:30:21 am by jsidhu »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

That's what I'm saying... you guys don't have time to design something like mt4... and you shouldn't spend time doing this because it is already done.  All we need is account and price data that can be fed to this platform.

Many people may think MT4 is too cluttered, but truth is you can make it as complicated or simple as you want.  Please please please don't think etrade is a good interface.  Interfaces like poloniex and etrade would never be taken seriously by professional traders.

Traders and brokers have ton's of options to choose from as far as trading platforms.  There is a reason that MT4 is the defacto standard.

Bottom line:  make a standard low tech interface for the default wallet, but allow other 3rd party platforms to access price and account data for more intricate and capable trading.

I am shocked to recognize that bytemaster seems not  not to be aware that metatrader4  is the defacto standard for traders... (and not only for the professional traders!)
And it is a standard for a reason!....

PS here are 2 another exchange platforms worth mentioning ...

http://www.cmcmarkets.co.uk/en/trading-platforms
https://ct.pepperstone.com/

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Is there any way that we can partner with someone and get their interface (give them BTS referrals as a result, and maybe payment as a worker or something), and thus get a good interface quickly, instead of you guys having to build one?  Because that would both happen faster and would probably be better than having to cobble one together.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

That's what I'm saying... you guys don't have time to design something like mt4... and you shouldn't spend time doing this because it is already done.  All we need is account and price data that can be fed to this platform.

Many people may think MT4 is too cluttered, but truth is you can make it as complicated or simple as you want.  Please please please don't think etrade is a good interface.  Interfaces like poloniex and etrade would never be taken seriously by professional traders.

Traders and brokers have ton's of options to choose from as far as trading platforms.  There is a reason that MT4 is the defacto standard.

Bottom line:  make a standard low tech interface for the default wallet, but allow other 3rd party platforms to access price and account data for more intricate and capable trading.

Offline GaltReport

+5% replicating Poloniex/BitFinex would be much better for most crypto users/traders imo

Agree.  Don't set unrealistic expectations with the resources you have. 

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

+5% replicating Poloniex/BitFinex would be much better for most crypto users/traders imo

If you want to take the island burn the boats