Author Topic: 1000 BTS fee to update an asset?!  (Read 9000 times)

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey Tuck Fheman, your tips have been queued to get sent to...
  • roadscape: 100 TIPSHARES
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://btstip.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Tuck Fheman

#btstip roadscape 100 TIPSHARES

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey Tuck Fheman, your tips have been queued to get sent to...
  • svk: 10000 TIPSHARES
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://btstip.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Tuck Fheman

#btstip svk 10000 TIPSHARES

Tuck Fheman

Here's a little issue I've come across playing around, which I assume is tied to the precision being set to "2".

If I try to change the Market Fee % to 0.001 the result is a hung client at this screen and the only way to get out is to end the task in Windows.

So is there a way to edit the precision after creation?  The fee to transfer TIPSHARES is still far more than we'd like them to be.

Tuck Fheman

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Edit: Oh and I checked, TIPSHARES has precision 2 so only 2 decimals are allowed/possible.

Hmmm, I do not have Base Asset in this lightwallet client. I guess I need to wait for the new one to be linked on Github.

OK, I see what to do now. Things are just worded a little differently in the older version from 10 days ago. I think I have it figured out now thank you very much!

Also note, oddly enough I can now issue the asset properly after updating those fields.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:07:40 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline svk

@Tuck Fheman   Thank you, sir!

@svk - The GUI is misleading, it says "Approximate fee: 20 BTS" when you create it, it turns out it is 5000 BTS...slightly different number :)

Oops, that would be the update fee, I copied some code from the update component and guess I overwrote the fee calculation!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
@Tuck Fheman   Thank you, sir!

@svk - The GUI is misleading, it says "Approximate fee: 20 BTS" when you create it, it turns out it is 5000 BTS...slightly different number :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline svk

No you're not screwed don't worry. The easiest way to set the CORE exchange rate is to use integers, or at least numbers larger than 1. So if you want 0.01 TIPSHARES/BTS, set BTS to 100 and TIPSHARES to 1.

I can't seem to get the desired results no matter what I enter, but at this point I'm assuming this is a display bug or the CER field has a bug that will not allow me to enter more than 2 decimal places (pretty sure we set 4 digits upon creation which was the default, I could be wrong).

and

Maybe I should word what I'm trying to do this way, if I want to make it 4 BTS / 1 TIPSHARES what do I enter in the CER field?

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Edit: Oh and I checked, TIPSHARES has precision 2 so only 2 decimals are allowed/possible.

Tuck Fheman

No you're not screwed don't worry. The easiest way to set the CORE exchange rate is to use integers, or at least numbers larger than 1. So if you want 0.01 TIPSHARES/BTS, set BTS to 100 and TIPSHARES to 1.

I can't seem to get the desired results no matter what I enter, but at this point I'm assuming this is a display bug or the CER field has a bug that will not allow me to enter more than 2 decimal places (pretty sure we set 4 digits upon creation which was the default, I could be wrong).

and

Maybe I should word what I'm trying to do this way, if I want to make it 4 BTS / 1 TIPSHARES what do I enter in the CER field?

Tuck Fheman

Can you hit - "Create Asset" for me, when you have time, to see if they indeed disappear for new asset creation. Thanks.

lightwallet

Offline svk

You should have all possible flags in Permissions. Once enabled there you can set them in flags also

OK are Quote Asset Amount and Base Asset Amount fields supposed to be there, when I am creating the asset?
No, it gets set to 1/1 and once created you can update it. I'm not sure it's possible on creation as we don't yet have an asset ID,  I'll look into it though.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
You should have all possible flags in Permissions. Once enabled there you can set them in flags also

OK are Quote Asset Amount and Base Asset Amount fields supposed to be there, when I am creating the asset?

Offline svk

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

@tonyk I'm not sure what you're referring to, but if you're missing permissions and flags its because they were not enabled upon creation and you cannot enable them afterwards.

I am at the point of creating the asset. Should I see those fields Tuck sees? Are they appear only once the asset do exist?
and from your answer - How I make sure I do not miss permission [when creating in the GUI -OpenLedger]?