Author Topic: NuShares price discussion  (Read 10329 times)

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

Any tips on deciding where to start if you don't have enough to spread your investments out like that?

Obviously I want to keep the bulk of my funds in the Bitcoin/Bitshares/Peercoin that I actually give a crap about. Other than those though, I figure if I scrape all my crapcoins together I might be able to muster enough to play with.

Ander, do you mind if I ask how much you had to put into nuShares to score that free bitcoin of yours? Just curious but I understand if you don't want to share that info.

I'm honestly starting to wonder if I should give nuShares a second look as something I might be able to actually care about. I got all huffy and puffy and withdrew all support from that project because they did their crowdfund closed. But if they're actually going to be burning shares on a consistent basis... man... I don't know...

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
List of altcoins I have lost on, in satoshi terms:
Litecoin
Bitshares

how not to lose money trading altcoins :  don't cash out until you're up. =)

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey Tuck Fheman, here are the results of your tips...
  • Ander: has been credited 1 FISTBUMP
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://btstip.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Tuck Fheman

Litecoin
Bitshares

how not to lose money trading altcoins :  don't cash out until you're up. =)

#btstip "Ander" 1 FISTBUMP

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The NSR buyback just bought into my sell orders and gave me profits on all the NSR I bought this week.

So beautiful.

Cant wait for next week.

Yeah I front ran it too :)

My orders on both bter and polo were almost perfectly placed, they both got almost but not quite fully executed, and the final order bought by the buybacks was part of my order on both.  A bit of last minute front running caused me to not sell 100% but thats okay.  I have a little free NSR now.

I do worry that this is going to get a lot harder and riskier to pull off in the future however.  At this higher price level there are a lot more sell orders appearing and people trying to shove orders in front of each other to get bought by the buy wlal.

One of these weeks some whale is just going to dump into the buywall and crash the price, and then everyone who bought some hoping to sell it into the repurchase will get destroyed.

Thank you for pointing this out.

I was going, "man, I wish I was good at trading like Ander."

then this reminded me that my buy and hold strategy is the safest for somebody with long term faith in crypto.

Nah if I was good at trading I would own no bitshares and wouldnt have lost a bunch on it.

Its kindof funny:

List of altcoins I am net positve in trades on, in satoshi terms:
Ripple
Ethereum
Dash
Dogecoin
Stellar
Maid
NXT
Monero
Nushares
Counterparty
QORA
Burst

Litecoin
Bitshares

Everything I dont really care about I made money on except litecoin.

The lesson is that you should not care about the things youre trading.  AT ALL.  If you dont give a shit about them you wont hesitate to dump them if they go bad, so they wont suck more and more of your money into a black hole.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

The NSR buyback just bought into my sell orders and gave me profits on all the NSR I bought this week.

So beautiful.

Cant wait for next week.

My orders on both bter and polo were almost perfectly placed, they both got almost but not quite fully executed, and the final order bought by the buybacks was part of my order on both.  A bit of last minute front running caused me to not sell 100% but thats okay.  I have a little free NSR now.

I do worry that this is going to get a lot harder and riskier to pull off in the future however.  At this higher price level there are a lot more sell orders appearing and people trying to shove orders in front of each other to get bought by the buy wlal.

One of these weeks some whale is just going to dump into the buywall and crash the price, and then everyone who bought some hoping to sell it into the repurchase will get destroyed.

Thank you for pointing this out.

I was going, "man, I wish I was good at trading like Ander."

then this reminded me that my buy and hold strategy is the safest for somebody with long term faith in crypto.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

So beautiful.

Cant wait for next week.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

So beautiful.

Cant wait for next week.

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Wonder what I should put this free 1+ BTC profit into. 
Maybe burst.  That daily moving average crossover looks yummy, after its been in a downtrend for almost a year and finally looks like it could be breaking it.

Qora. Big news by end of December I hear.

I bought more Qora at 5 earlier, and it went form 5 to 7, but then people dumped so hard on it.  I still have a bunch of Qora from before too that are 'free' in that my average cost for them became zero when someone (CCEDK?) bought all my Qora at 9-10 and spiked it to 20.

But yeah maybe I'll get a bit more.

Tuck Fheman

Maybe burst.  That daily moving average crossover looks yummy, after its been in a downtrend for almost a year and finally looks like it could be breaking it.

Qora. Big news by end of December I hear.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile

So beautiful.

Cant wait for next week.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Their trading volume is non existant!

+5% I assume their initial distribution was very bad/questionable. If it was a crypto-currency I wouldn't go near it.

I do notice from the NuShares site that... https://nubits.com/nushares/introduction

As of August 2015 there are approximately 835,000,000 NSR and this supply will increase at a rate of approximately 2% per year. The supply increases as Proof-of-Stake minting rewards are given to active individual minters. The current reward per block is 40 NuShares. The current block spacing time is approximately one minute.

So the 2% POS minting may encourage people to keep their NuShares minting and off the exchange.

Depending how their supposed $400 000 in dividends this last year were awarded and how often, might also give people an incentive to keep their NuShares in their wallet and off the exchange.

In general though how NuBits are awarded seems very questionable & I doubt they have enough reserves to cope with a lot of selling.

https://discuss.nubits.com/t/voting-150k-for-tier-4-sell-side-liquidity-extremely-urgent/3035

The fact that their parking rate has been at zero for a few months and that demand for their product seems to be shooting up with BTC's increased volatility, means they'll probably get away with their pretty risky practices for a while.

I know very little about NuShares though, just started looking at them a bit yesterday, when I noticed their price increase. 

Edit: They also think diluting NuShares further is viable in an emergency

With that in mind, we are well prepared to handle any sudden sell volume with more than 500 BTC in tier 4, park rates that have been at zero for many months, and the possibility of tapping our market cap at a higher level than has been the case in many months..

but with no volume/buy support as you say that looks like a non option. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 02:38:09 am by Empirical1.2 »