Author Topic: I am trying to get more Exchanges to share their order books  (Read 4007 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Poloniex has millions being proven, so does btc38, bter (has 50 accounts actually), yunbi and others.
http://richlist.btsgame.org
http://cryptofresh.com/u/poloniexwallet
http://cryptofresh.com/u/poloniexcoldstorage

Am I missing something? See above.. Please explain how they are not proving their solvency there.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline mint chocolate chip

The Daily Decrypt ‏@TheDailyDecrypt  Nov 15
10 Exchanges Now Proving Solvency on the @_bitshares Blockchain https://news.bitcoin.com/10-exchanges-now-proving-solvency-on-bitshares-blockchain/ … @btercom @Poloniex @kenCode_de #NeverGoxxedAgain

The Daily Decrypt ‏@TheDailyDecrypt  4h4 hours ago
Correction: an interview with @kenCode_de on @BTCTN about @_bitshares was not accurate. Poloniex, DACPLAY, BTer, Bunker NOT proving reserves

jakub

I think bytemaster needs to explain "how" he intended to motivate exchanges to share order books. Through shared IOUs or by asking multiple exchanges to focus on a particular BitAsset?

From what I see, that dream is not going to become a reality if we keep taking the current route. We'll just end up having a bunch of illiquid IOUs.

+5%
I also wonder what @bytemaster 's take on this is.
@fuzzy , this looks like a perfect topic for the next mumble hang-out.

Offline gn1

• View Profile
I totally agree with Akado.  +5%

I think bytemaster needs to explain "how" he intended to motivate exchanges to share order books. Through shared IOUs or by asking multiple exchanges to focus on a particular BitAsset?

From what I see, that dream is not going to become a reality if we keep taking the current route. We'll just end up having a bunch of illiquid IOUs.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 12:27:10 pm by funnybear »
I'm a BitShares enthusiast in Japan, spreading BitShares daily to the Japanese people through https://genxnotes.com. Help us grow bitJPY together, so that bitUSD/bitJPY market pair will become the most popular market worldwide! Imagine what kind of world it will become when we execute this.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Thanx Ben :)

I've been chatting with the CEO of bitkoyin.com too and we're setting up his Exchange in Turkey. I'm helping him (with xeroc's awesome docs of course) share his orderbooks with the Bitshares network as well.

One by one guys, little by little.

They will only have shared order books if they use OPENBTC. Otherwise if they create a new IOU it will be useless
They CAN'T use OPENBTC, since they cannot ISSUE new OPENBTC .. Those are IOUs of OpenLedger.
Either they create new IOUs or they trade bitBTC:BTC directly (which is way more difficult with current supply)

Then what's the point of joining OpenLedger? Can't Ronny issue that for them in exchange for BTC or something?

If each exchang create new IOUs this whole shared order books isn't happening, defeating the very purpose of OpenLedger. bitAssets aren't an option due to supply and collateral needed. Not atm. This means we will have a bunch of illiquid assets and having the most exciting thing I've seen in a BitShares article go to waste:

“Imagine this,” offered Larimer. “Eight of our feisty start-up exchanges pool their services and order books to look effectively as big as a medium-sized, more established exchange. If that medium exchange were to then join these eight, they would double the size of each other’s combined order books and be suddenly competitive with a twice bigger exchange, who might then decide to join the network and double it all again.”

And all the while, the growing network of exchanges has more products and services to offer making them not only bigger but also better than the next exchange on their “friendly upward assimilation warpath”. Larimer further contends: “In this way, we think we can quickly roll up partners to become the biggest virtual exchange in the world. Resistance is futile.” It’s bold and disruptive stuff.

That won't let OpenLedger grow. Exchanges will see no reason to join OpenLedger. Users won't see any reason to join OpenLedger if  liquidity doesn't increase. Which it won't since we will have multiple illiquid assets.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:30:22 am by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline reiddouthat

Does anyone know how to connect an OpenLedger Gateway to RippleTrade or vice-versa? I've got a forum post up addressing the issue:

- https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=20058
Charles R Douthat | @creiddouthat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thanx much guys, very encouraging :)
I need that once in awhile.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

I've been chatting with the CEO of bitkoyin.com too and we're setting up his Exchange in Turkey. I'm helping him (with xeroc's awesome docs of course) share his orderbooks with the Bitshares network as well.

They will only have shared order books if they use OPENBTC. Otherwise if they create a new IOU it will be useless
They CAN'T use OPENBTC, since they cannot ISSUE new OPENBTC .. Those are IOUs of OpenLedger.
Either they create new IOUs or they trade bitBTC:BTC directly (which is way more difficult with current supply)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

A good read. Nice job, again, KenCode. You can always be relied upon to seize the initiative.  +5% +5%

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kuro112

ken on point!

great job man, let us know if you need any help explaining the technical setup it can be a pain~
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

That's fantastic to hear. I just love this spirit of collaboration going on.....absolutely, one partner after another!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Well done kencode!  Yes slightly early on a couple of exchanges.....they have expressed intent though!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
sorry.

ok, now say something nice, please.
www.PalmPay.chat