Author Topic: Should bitshares.org use referral link  (Read 1189 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Why should the community be paid for bitshares.org hosting?
Who actually is "the community"?
We can have a multisig account manage these funds of course!

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I'd rather see someone be funded to take care of "public relations". The domain itself costs what? $12/yr? It's hosted for free on github?
All we need to pay is someone to take care of it (e.g. cass or fuzzy or someone else).
Since it's written using Markdown files (jekyll) it's not too difficult to keep it up to date.

but someone gets this income for free, but it is not the community.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'd rather see someone be funded to take care of "public relations". The domain itself costs what? $12/yr? It's hosted for free on github?
All we need to pay is someone to take care of it (e.g. cass or fuzzy or someone else).
Since it's written using Markdown files (jekyll) it's not too difficult to keep it up to date.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Hi guys,

in a different thread a ask who owns bitshares.org and the domain is owned via Invictus.

The question was, why we don't use the referral program on the mainsource to get more funds for the community?

- Some had concerns, that the main source of trust, should not a referral link.

As a community we are wasting every day referral income, because we don't generate income. In my opinion this makes no sense. We decided to go this path, so we should
use the possibility also on the mainsource for the community.

I think a account should be generated as a lifetime member and the committee members should sharing autority of him. With this setup, we will generate a great source of income
the community can spend on things fast and quick, without to get a worker proposal granted.

But i wanted to know how you all feel about it. So should we make all links on bitshares.org referral links also?