Author Topic: updated latest git pull -- local web wallet fail  (Read 4233 times)

Offline complexring

• View Profile
the bitshares branch?  i was using the 2.0.151125 branch from bitshares-2-ui git repository.

Yes I couldnt compile that so I switched to the bitshares branch, which is one commit ahead of that. It has a bugfix for the new release.
Code: [Select]
git checkout bitshares
gitk --all # To see what I mean

perfect, the bitshares branch did the trick!  i didn't see that branch name in the repo, although, i didn't look too closely.  i just checked branches that were in the 'release' section and grabbed the latest.

Offline svk

It's not up to us what versions are required it's down to the external libraries and some don't get updated very regularly.

v0.8.x is way too old, I'd recommend using at least 0.12.7, and personally I'm now running v5 although it runs fine also on v4.

If you change versions of node you should rm -rf node_modules then do npm install.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
the bitshares branch?  i was using the 2.0.151125 branch from bitshares-2-ui git repository.

Yes I couldnt compile that so I switched to the bitshares branch, which is one commit ahead of that. It has a bugfix for the new release.
Code: [Select]
git checkout bitshares
gitk --all # To see what I mean

Offline complexring

• View Profile

Offline speedy

• View Profile
What branch are you on? I meant the "bitshares" branch.

Offline complexring

• View Profile
I had the same problem I think. Checkout the BitShares branch instead, it has a fix that apparently is for this new release. I was then able to compile and run.

i did checkout the bitshares repository. 

during this clean clone, i noticed that depending on which folder i needed to do 'npm install' on that some folders required/suggested node 0.10.x (cli, ios, dl), but 1 folder (web) required/suggested 0.12.x.

i just used 0.10.x on each cause i think its a version nightmare doing so otherwise and find it strange that the devs cannot make one choice for which version of node to use; i highly doubt that if i were to install a 0.12.x version in a different location and used that for my install in the web folder that anything will change. 

maybe i should try that just in case ....

Offline speedy

• View Profile
I had the same problem I think. Checkout the BitShares branch instead, it has a fix that apparently is for this new release. I was then able to compile and run.

Offline complexring

• View Profile
I've updated to the latest release, i.e. 2.0.151125, and have run into an error when starting the local wallet (again).  The loading page just sits there.

After getting the error, I did a clean clone and then checkout of 2.0.151125.

Here are the two errors I get from the console window :

1)

Uncaught Error: Cannot find module "./components/Account/AccountOverview"webpackMissingModule
@ App.jsx:79(anonymous function)
@ App.jsx:79(anonymous function)
@ App.jsx:590(anonymous function)
@ app.js:3168__webpack_require__
@ app.js:569fn @ app.js:117(anonymous function)
@ Main-dev.js:11(anonymous function)
@ app.js:1323__webpack_require__
@ app.js:569fn
@ app.js:117(anonymous function)
@ multi_app:3(anonymous function)
@ app.js:648__webpack_require__
@ app.js:569(anonymous function)
@ app.js:615(anonymous function)
@ app.js:618
client:19 [WDS] Hot Module Replacement enabled.

AND 2)

./app/components/Account/AccountOverview.jsx
Module build failed: SyntaxError: $HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/app/components/Account/AccountOverview.jsx: Duplicate constructor in the same class (38:4)
  36 |     }
  37 |
> 38 |     constructor() {
     |     ^
  39 |         super();
  40 |         this.state = {
  41 |             limit: 1000
    at Parser.pp.raise (/Users/matthewniemerg/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/babel-core/node_modules/babylon/lib/parser/location.js:24:13)
    at Parser.pp.parseClass (/Users/matthewniemerg/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/babel-core/node_modules/babylon/lib/parser/statement.js:585:34)
    at Parser.pp.parseStatement (/Users/matthewniemerg/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/babel-core/node_modules/babylon/lib/parser/statement.js:84:19)
    at Parser.parseStatement (/Users/matthewniemerg/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/babel-core/node_modules/babylon/lib/plugins/flow.js:621:22)
    at Parser.pp.parseTopLevel ($HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/babel-core/node_modules/babylon/lib/parser/statement.js:30:21)
    at Parser.parse ($HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/babel-core/node_modules/babylon/lib/parser/index.js:70:17)
    at Object.parse ($HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/babel-core/node_modules/babylon/lib/index.js:45:50)
    at Object.exports.default ($HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/babel-core/lib/helpers/parse.js:36:18)
    at File.parse ($HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/index.js:574:40)
    at File.parseCode ($HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/index.js:691:20)
 @ ./app/App.jsx 79:40-87onSocketMsg.errors @ client:44sock.onmessage @ client:79EventTarget.dispatchEvent @ eventtarget.js:49(anonymous function) @ main.js:274SockJS._transportMessage @ main.js:272EventEmitter.emit @ emitter.js:44WebSocketTransport.ws.onmessage @ websocket.js:35
client:67 [WDS] Disconnected!sock.onclose @ client:67EventTarget.dispatchEvent @ eventtarget.js:49(anonymous function) @ main.js:356

Thoughts?

Offline complexring

• View Profile
arubi on irc helped me solve the problem.

i re-installed nodejs v0.12.0 -- which is confusing as the apt package manager uses this version, but on nodejs.org's site, v0.8.23 is called legacy and v0.12.0 is called stable.

then, performing a clean clone from the repository, i moved the working branch from master to the latest release using : git checkout 2.0.151111

then, following the same instructions as before, i did the npm install in various folders.

i didn't realize i needed to be checking out a release version.  i figured that the default branch was a working release.  probably the problem when i did this pull.

anyway, all is working now.

thanks for the responses all the help.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The webdevs are currently refactoring code towards babel5 .. it may be a little more complicated right now:

From a webdev:

Building and running graphene-ui is a bit tricky for some users.  I am using Ubuntu this is how I have been doing it.  I use nvm to easily switch my node versions.  I run the `npm i` commands  for the ./dl and ./web folders under node v0.10.25 .. I run the `npm start` command under iojs v1.8.1...   After installing nvm it looks something like this: ```
nvm install v0.10.25
nvm install v1.8.1
nvm use v0.10.25
cd .... npm i  in ./dl and ./web
nvm use v1.8.1
cd ./web
npm start
```  This does have to do with the transaction to es6 .. expect it to get better in time..

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
the "Promise" error you saw was from a too-old node version. See:
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/issues/488

I suspect the same for the most recent errors. Try 4.2.2 (the most recent stable), or even 5.0.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline complexring

• View Profile
ok.  so i have re-installed nodejs legacy from https://nodejs.org/en/blog/release/v0.8.23/.

now, i am getting the following errors when trying to build from a fresh clone repository.

note that this is just for the npm install in the cli folder.

npm ERR! Error: No compatible version found: json-loader@'^0.5.1'
npm ERR! Valid install targets:
npm ERR! ["0.1.0","0.1.1","0.1.2","0.1.3","0.1.4","0.1.5","0.1.6","0.1.7","0.1.8","0.2.0","0.5.0","0.5.1","0.5.2","0.5.3"]
npm ERR!     at installTargetsError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/cache.js:685:10)
npm ERR!     at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/cache.js:607:10
npm ERR!     at saved (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-registry-client/lib/get.js:138:7)
npm ERR!     at Object.oncomplete (fs.js:297:15)
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this log at:
npm ERR!     <http://github.com/isaacs/npm/issues>
npm ERR! or email it to:
npm ERR!     <npm-@googlegroups.com>

npm ERR! System Darwin 15.0.0
npm ERR! command "node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "install"
npm ERR! cwd $PWD/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/cli
npm ERR! node -v v0.8.23
npm ERR! npm -v 1.2.18

---

The debug file has the same error info, but with line numbers.  No needing to repeat.

Offline complexring

• View Profile
ok thanks.

i never upgraded / changed my npm installation.

the only thing i can think of is that when i finally made the decision to upgrade to el capitan that maybe the version i had installed in the default location got changed.

i'll see about this.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am quite certain you compile with an incompatible version of npm ... install "nvm" and use npm 0.12 instead ..

Alternatively you can download a precompiled version from github's release page

Offline complexring

• View Profile
aww, ok.

there are several caught exceptions and some error messages.

[WDS] Hot Module Replacement enabled.
client?cd17:57 [WDS] Errors while compiling.

client?cd17:59 ./~/css-loader!./~/autoprefixer-loader!./~/sass-loader?outputStyle=expanded!./app/components/Explorer/witnesses.scss
Module build failed: ReferenceError: Promise is not defined
  at LazyResult.async ($HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/css-loader/node_modules/postcss/lib/lazy-result.js:152:31)
  at LazyResult.then ($HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/css-loader/node_modules/postcss/lib/lazy-result.js:75:21)
  at processCss ($HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/css-loader/lib/processCss.js:181:5)
  at Object.module.exports ($HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/css-loader/lib/loader.js:24:2)
 @ ./app/components/Explorer/witnesses.scss 4:14-206 13:2-17:4 14:20-212(anonymous function) @ client?cd17:59

client?cd17:59 ./~/css-loader!./~/autoprefixer-loader!./~/sass-loader?outputStyle=expanded!./app/components/Wallet/ImportKeys.scss
  at LazyResult.async ($HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/css-loader/node_modules/postcss/lib/lazy-result.js:152:31)
  at LazyResult.then ($HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/css-loader/node_modules/postcss/lib/lazy-result.js:75:21)
  at processCss ($HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/css-loader/lib/processCss.js:181:5)
  at Object.module.exports ($HOME/Research/CryptoCurrencies/bitshares-2-ui/web/node_modules/css-loader/lib/loader.js:24:2)
 @ ./app/components/Wallet/ImportKeys.scss 4:14-207 13:2-17:4 14:20-213(anonymous function) @ client?cd17:59

client?cd17:59 ./~/css-loader!./~/autoprefixer-loader!./~/sass-loader?outputStyle=expanded!./app/components/Blockchain/operations.scss
 @ ./app/components/Blockchain/operations.scss 4:14-207 13:2-17:4 14:20-213(anonymous function) @ client?cd17:59

client?cd17:59 ./~/css-loader!./~/autoprefixer-loader!./~/sass-loader?outputStyle=expanded!./app/components/Blockchain/json-inspector.scss
 @ ./app/components/Blockchain/json-inspector.scss 4:14-211 13:2-17:4 14:20-217(anonymous function) @ client?cd17:59

client?cd17:59 ./~/css-loader!./~/autoprefixer-loader!./~/sass-loader?outputStyle=expanded!./app/components/Icon/icon.scss
 @ ./app/components/Icon/icon.scss 4:14-201 13:2-17:4 14:20-207(anonymous function) @ client?cd17:59

client?cd17:59 ./~/css-loader!./~/autoprefixer-loader!./~/sass-loader?outputStyle=expanded!./app/components/Exchange/exchange.scss
 @ ./app/components/Exchange/exchange.scss 4:14-205 13:2-17:4 14:20-211(anonymous function) @ client?cd17:59

client?cd17:59 ./~/css-loader!./~/autoprefixer-loader!./~/sass-loader?outputStyle=expanded!./app/components/Utility/Box.scss
 @ ./app/components/Utility/Box.scss 4:14-200 13:2-17:4 14:20-206(anonymous function) @ client?cd17:59

client?cd17:59 ./~/css-loader!./~/autoprefixer-loader!./~/sass-loader?outputStyle=expanded!./app/assets/stylesheets/app.scss
 @ ./app/assets/stylesheets/app.scss 4:14-200 13:2-17:4 14:20-206(anonymous function) @ client?cd17:59

-----------------------------

anyway, these are the same errors, even if i do a fresh clone and follow the instructions.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:24:57 pm by complexring »