Author Topic: Stealth Transfers Worker Proposal  (Read 42949 times)

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
I disagree that anonymity the most important... The most important is as follows

1. Fees for trading updated per the worker proposal
2. Referral program for trading fees
3. API for 3rd party platforms and liquidity bots

We are a decentralized exchange. We have finally discovered what we are and what we are niche is.  Most people never get a chance to discover that much less exploit it... DON'T GET DISTRACTED!

Yeah, focus on the exchange first which will hopefully bring liquidity to a few key smartcoin markets. Stealth transfers are kind of useless if people are trapped in an illiquid market. I definitely think blinded transfers will be very important after some liquidity has been reached.

This! Improve the fu***ing API real quick!!

+5% +5% +5%
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I disagree that anonymity the most important... The most important is as follows

1. Fees for trading updated per the worker proposal
2. Referral program for trading fees
3. API for 3rd party platforms and liquidity bots

We are a decentralized exchange. We have finally discovered what we are and what we are niche is.  Most people never get a chance to discover that much less exploit it... DON'T GET DISTRACTED!

Yeah, focus on the exchange first which will hopefully bring liquidity to a few key smartcoin markets. Stealth transfers are kind of useless if people are trapped in an illiquid market. I definitely think blinded transfers will be very important after some liquidity has been reached.

This! Improve the fu***ing API real quick!!

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
Yes! Let's do this!

Stealth transfers are already in the client so this shouldn't be a lot of work? Mostly just UI stuff? If yes, I don't think this will slow down the development of other significant features that are coming.

With this worker proposal completed we can acquire lots of hardcore fans and users. Those kind of people who will believe in Bitshares and want it to thrive. Those kind of people who will spread the gospel of Bitshares even without any compensation. You should never underestimate the fanaticism of privacy oriented people. These people might be our powerusers.

Little caveat: To get the full benefit from this, I think we propably should have better liquidity in the smartcoins. Price stable currencies + stealth transfers will give a user experience that make (certain kind of) people fall in love with Bitshares. So maybe there is no need to start to implement this right now today – but in the near future, absolutely.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

I want a working product first.

bond market, whatever else a trader needs before using most of our funds for an optional feature.

Nicely said! In far fewer words than I used.

Tuck Fheman

38PTSWarrior

I agree on all points with you bytemaster.

Offline onceuponatime

some people dont want some little fcking hacker steal their hard earned money online

I'm an idiot. Explain how stealth transactions will prevent a hax0r from stealing my wallet?

I don't wear my bling when I'm waltzing around the barrios  ;)

Offline bitacer

some people dont want some little fcking hacker steal their hard earned money online

I'm an idiot. Explain how stealth transactions will prevent a hax0r from stealing my wallet?

No you are not, I exaggerated that part . We just need to provide that feeling of privacy. What are bussineness class doing in front seats , do they arrive earlier than the rest of the passengers, or do they survive a possible crash ? You know the answer, and thats how it is ...

Tuck Fheman

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I don't think this is high priority right now.

Priority for who ?  For you or for the trader who might want to have some privacy ?  Do you guys want people to join bitshares or not ?  Freedom of movement is a must for any activity to flourish ! You guys keep looking at this from limited perspective . Bitshares is not your private exchange or chain ,  I am truly shocked by the reaction of some members  on this forum. Why the hell do you need a decentralized exchange then ?  No freedom of movement means no trading, no exchange no nothing. Lets say I operate an airline and dont know what bussiness class is and keep wondering why the hell I dont get business from thick wallets. Do you think I should tell customer  "no need for business class,  just sit somewhere, everybody is going to the same destination "  and wonder why I dont see some suits and ties on my plane....

I want a working product first.

bond market, whatever else a trader needs before using most of our funds for an optional feature.

Tuck Fheman

Now we are talking . I urge  members of this community to get bebind the master on this one. Once this feature is completed you will see investors flooding into bitshares, I guarentee.

You misspelled drug lords.

It's a joke. I'm just saying it before someone else does.

Offline bitacer

https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/452

This worker proposal is under development but may be the single most important worker proposal in terms of near-term impact.

My "gut" tells me that crypto-diehards are looking for an easy to use ANONYMOUS currency and those of us that are freedom loving actually want and need this.  Our current lack of privacy is a turnoff to many in the crypto and banking world.

If we have the best of breed privacy then it will put us well ahead of the competition.  Hopefully helping pull us up to Dash.

This work is heavy on UI development and advanced Javascript so has a lot of unknowns.

Now we are talking . I urge  members of this community to get bebind the master on this one. Once this feature is completed you will see investors flooding into bitshares, I guarentee.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I don't think this is high priority right now.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Sounds great!  +5%

Though I don't think its as high a priority as some other features as others have expressed.

Great to know we could have this though.

I am going to start collecting some data regarding this matter to see if we can get a sense for what we can expect in ROI for adding this feature. It will be helpful to determine what it may mean in penetrating certain markets.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Tuck Fheman

holy moly - 45.000 USD?

:o  did not see that. ya i'm good. will use monero. ;)