Author Topic: Newmine just got elected as CNO  (Read 6389 times)

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
And again, FaSaN got kicked out of his office.
While he is working on the webwallet and the android app, others got nothing else to do but negate his efforts and take the grant for themselves.

Please show your support if you didn't do yet!

Voted to FaSaN (MVTEcnoqHvr7AWRSBFUSpVCBKcxUfxVEad), good luck and keep doing good job.

I also just refreshed my votes.

Offline testz

While he is working on the webwallet and the android app, others got nothing else to do but negate his efforts and take the grant for themselves.

Voted to FaSaN (MVTEcnoqHvr7AWRSBFUSpVCBKcxUfxVEad), good luck and keep doing good job.

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
I sent votes to CNO / CSO / CMO.  It's been a while but not showing up on chainexplorer or mmcvotes yet...I'll keep checking.
You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline seraphim

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:00:52 am by seraphim »
Meet you on STEEM

Offline seraphim

When I tested I moved my balance to an address I chose, but when I voted the client chose to move the balance to another address I never used before. Since then, this address has been used for every vote and holds my complete balance.
Can't tell if this happens for everyone, so it's best to check the transaction on chainbrowser after voting (until there's some way to define an address the client will stick to).
Meet you on STEEM

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
Thanks, I'll check those out later...seems like everyone always has their best / favorite tools / websites...I need to start remembering them.

Will need to think of a way to make it generic so I don't need to keep updating the addresses on the blog...I'll get there.

But my main hook is that I'm placing a 5000 MMC deposit and plan not to move it for a year.  It'll be a bet / trust game in itself if I ever cash them out.  But...I think I can make more working with you guys to make sure the price rises in a year than by trading with it...

http://www.chainbrowser.com/memorycoin/address/MAXBNDTVdjbCwBwSDU7SCuMBUVcm49afD9/

I wanted to cast votes from there, but sounds like I'd have to move it each time I re-vote...may not be the worst...would show it's still "alive"...

Offline seraphim

you serious? crazy site :D

about the audit and stuff - you can probably do that yourself with some info:

view incomings to an address (note that the sum is not the balance, the same coins can come in multiple times):
http://www.chainbrowser.com/memorycoin/address/MVTEchaRu6ReuT2a9ANFWbgWyjtw3pJ8ST/

this is a vote tx from me to my cso address. note the balance moving from an address to itself.
http://www.chainbrowser.com/memorycoin/tx/55d80b266a67ab534c344cc80eaf6f1844adef5ba1abce3d5ff6990f62a6e534/

when you want to make sure your votes are counted with full weight:
move balance to one address
vote for first position
look at transaction on chainbrowser, note address the balance was moved to
vote for other positions
check transactions. balance should be moved from the address you noted to itself
use this address as your primary MMC address from now on

there needs to be something added to the gui to make all these lookups obsolete. at the moment it's the only way to be completely sure that you didn't vote with a change address.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
should probly add to profile / sig:

pwrcoin.blogspot.com

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
Eh, we'll get there, don't worry - y'all are doing awesome.

Can someone confirm that my votes are showing and, in general, audit the addresses on my blog?

Not really sure how voting works out when I have multiple addresses in the qt client...

(Drop a line here so others know you're on it, then PM me after checking into it - Thanks a lot!)

Should probably power down now...

Offline seraphim

Support - A lot of posts in the forum to look active. What else have you done for this coin?

errr...
set up an international team, like i proposed in my application
monitoring the forum to support - it's not just looking like we would be active, we really are.
we're on irc too, made a bot there to get current stats
members of the team care about russian and chinese subforum here on btstalk
we got someone at qq to have a supporter near the chinese community
the official page is getting translated to multiple languages (which other coin can say that after 2 weeks?)
writing guides (memorywallet)
what more do you expect from support?

and with saying that fasan and ft didn't do anything, not to mention you didn't realize that ft isn't cto any more, you have just shown that you don't really care what's happening :/

i don't mind criticism, but be constructive.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 11:50:09 am by seraphim »
Meet you on STEEM

Offline andhar

• Board Moderator
  • *BOH!*
    • View Profile
Yes it's frustrating.
And that people don't seem to care about the future of the coin makes me even more frustrated.

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
Newmine seems like a short minded person, seems like he's own greed is blinding him from seeing what he's actually doing.

Anyways, he proved two things:
- voting system can be abused to generate major income to single individual if you tell greedy miners you give them a share
- nobody cares, i put up a warning few days ago https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1932.0

Maybe Memorycoin 3.0 will succeed. Its frustrating to see this happen.

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
RE: Newmine

Well, it's a classic social justice / fair share tactic. Payoff will make it tempting for others to vote initially, but returns will go away over time, he'll have to try harder and harder...and eventually give up.

Why's he doing it? Probly thinks the only way to make money in crypto is trading.  The first months will be tough for shareholders (nice change, btw) for price - even tougher if we go on cryptsy too soon...but don't worry, buy more.

We're supposed to be the steady-growing, stable asset class of the mix.  After we get over the first few bumps, we can expand out and start developing new applications / arrangements with existing crypto / alt-coins.  If we get a smooth bounty / bid / negotiation process up and running, we start actually trading within MMC...

I see us working well as an interfacing market with other alt-coins - they'll want us around for the market size / stability / etc just like they're doing with FTC right now.  (And since we're "second-layer" crypto to the user, confirmation times shouldn't matter too much.)

Offline andhar

• Board Moderator
  • *BOH!*
    • View Profile
Newmine seems like a short minded person, seems like he's own greed is blinding him from seeing what he's actually doing.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
But PLEASE let me know what any of you guys (CEO, CTO, CNO, CSO, CMO), that are getting paid hundreds of dollars a day in MMCs are doing except writing nonsense in the forums?
Also, what did the other 2 "real" candidates do (except, of course, writing "Vote for me" in the forum)?

Well I know FaSan, as CNO, set up an early pool, set up an online wallet, set up printed wallets, android wallet and is now looking into P2Pool. It really underlines how greedy and stupid this attack was, to try to sack Fasan and divide his salary when he is probably the most active and useful C*O, myself included.

As CEO I've been trying to get the coin on more exchanges, recruit into positions, working on brainwallets, obviating potential DoS issues.

It's good for shareholders (I'm going to start using this term now) to hold the board to account - and sack them if they don't like what they see. This is best done for voting for the best alternative. If no palatable alternative exists - there are spoiler addresses -

MVTEceo1111111111111111111111TvNrt
MVTEcha11111111111111111111116GDGs
MVTEcmo1111111111111111111115e9dK3
MVTEcto1111111111111111111119owJby
MVTEcno222222222222222222222B1FB3W
MVTEcso555555555555555555555G6uEbs

If a spoiler address is elected, the coins are unspendable, so are effectively distributed fairly amongst shareholders as lower inflation. It advertises that the shareholders are active and holding the board to account, and it advertises that there is a position available.

Voting for a distribution address is dumb and greedy. It shows that the shareholders are dumb and won't elect useful candidates because they're busy trying to strip value rather than create it. It will also tank the price of the coin and is self-defeating behaviour. Hopefully it will also be self-correcting.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:51:52 am by FreeTrade »
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher