Author Topic: New Stealth Transfer Worker ($1000)  (Read 59947 times)

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

Mark me down as in favor of this anonymous lender being allowed to recoup their investment plus a generous amount.

Alternatively, and even better in my opinion, create a UIA, crowdsource the funding, then use future stealth fees to buy back the UIA.

Mark me down as 100% firmly opposed to them having lifetime royalties forever. In fact, mark me down as insulted by the proposal,.

This is so misguided in so many ways.  There is absolutely no gaurentee that the investor will recoup his money back.  So you want him to to be exposed to all the downside (losing his initial investment) while you get all the upside.  How fair is that?

project succeeds and blows up. for 45,000 this person bought millions of dollars from bitshares' profits every year forever.

What would be a reasonable amount of money you would recommend capping the profit at?  4x the amount?

I mean yea it IS a risk, and it would be a HUGE favor to the community, so that should be considered. I'd be okay with 10x or even 20x. Just not a one time buy in gets mass residual income for eternity.

TravelsAsia

Mark me down as in favor of this anonymous lender being allowed to recoup their investment plus a generous amount.

Alternatively, and even better in my opinion, create a UIA, crowdsource the funding, then use future stealth fees to buy back the UIA.

Mark me down as 100% firmly opposed to them having lifetime royalties forever. In fact, mark me down as insulted by the proposal,.

This is so misguided in so many ways.  There is absolutely no gaurentee that the investor will recoup his money back.  So you want him to to be exposed to all the downside (losing his initial investment) while you get all the upside.  How fair is that?

project succeeds and blows up. for 45,000 this person bought millions of dollars from bitshares' profits every year forever.

What would be a reasonable amount of money you would recommend capping the profit at?  4x the amount?

Offline topcandle

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
This is excellent news.  Much better than inflating a bunch of BTS.

Also, we now have a whale who is highly invested in a significant number of stealth transfers occuring in bitshares' future, who will hopefulyl take some action to help make that happen.

Hopefully we can do stealth transfers quickly and get on to adding the bond market / margin / lending.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

TravelsAsia

What would stop BM from creating a fund raiser similar to Augur for the bond market?  I love the idea if minimums aren't reached, money is refunded. It would need to be real easy with someone with BTS as well as BTC to participate.  Does the UIA approach discussed above allow this to happen? 

I didn't care that Augur was on the Ethereum blockchain, I cared that the prediction market proposal made sense to me. We need the ability to raise funds from outsiders that aren't exactly married to BitShares. They are interested in a great idea that happens to run on BitShares that has a good chance of a nice return.

Offline onceuponatime

What are you waiting for?

Offline bytemaster

i like the idea

but would suggest some changes

1. make it possible that a UIA is created for the investor
2. the UIA can be in control of the committee members and the investor
3. create a automated buyback mechanism etc.
4. the fees for this UIA should only be paid on top of a normal transaction. so if a normal transaction costs 20 cent and the stealth fees say 30 cents and then split the 30 cent like discribed.

With this we can finance many more project in the pipline

you want a prediction market? done, create UIA get the project funded

with this we can create multiple automated UIA assets on our blockchain who will be traded and give our bitshares exchange some unic assets.
+ 1
I like it. I like it better than my own idea in many ways. Maybe we need both system.
Why?
The 'improve the API' worker will not generate any direct fees in the future. and it will not be the only such case.
So we have/need a solution for both kind of jobs.

I do think the "improve the API worker" will generate direct fees.  It will allow 3rd parties to build trading platforms, which will interact with the wallet and generate fee's via trading.

The question is how you gonna collect those 'more fees' to give them to whoever made the great API possible (by paying for it to be build)?
Collect fees from anyone using the api? I do not like this approach.

I see, what you mean... I was thinking the API would be built via worker proposal, not individual investors.  Then the API would be used by third parties and they would get paid by being the referrer of the traders that they get to use the DEX.  The network would then profit via the trading fees as well.

There is no reason the trading API cannot be hosted on a centralized server where traders "pay to access it".  It isn't like the API is intrinsic to the protocol or anything.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
some features good be create with this idea some core features not

- who will buy into API functions??

- but we can create something like StealthUIA and a AUGURUIA to move faster

if we can come up with a way it is automated and trustless as possible we can create great projects with it.

the problem with will benefit all bitshares people approach, is that no one cares because his or her stake is to low, but if i invested a lot in a StealthUIA we can fund this without the
need to dilute and maybe CNX as the developer will agree that if this feature will get used on a different graphene chain the user has to buy this feature and CNX will buy some of
the UIA back with this amount.

- i have a feeling that this will help to create new features faster
- the bitshares exchange will end with a lot of automated UIAs with profits
- the whole bitshares ecosystem will be much better

at the moment we can do everything manually, like creating the UIA, giving some accounts the rights to issue the shares etc.
- the fundraiser could be also be done with openledger, blocktrades and metaexchange then we can offer multiple currencies to buy in the features

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
i like the idea

4. the fees for this UIA should only be paid on top of a normal transaction. so if a normal transaction costs 20 cent and the stealth fees say 30 cents and then split the 30 cent like discribed.

with this we can create multiple automated UIA assets on our blockchain who will be traded and give our bitshares exchange some unic assets.
+ 1
I like it. I like it better than my own idea in many ways. Maybe we need both system.
Why?
The 'improve the API' worker will not generate any direct fees in the future. and it will not be the only such case.

I do think the "improve the API worker" will generate direct fees.  It will allow 3rd parties to build trading platforms, which will interact with the wallet and generate fee's via trading.

The question is how you gonna collect those 'more fees' to give them to whoever made the great API possible (by paying for it to be build)?

I see, what you mean... I was thinking the API would be built via worker proposal, not individual investors.  Then the API would be used by third parties and they would get paid by being the referrer of the traders that they get to use the DEX.  The network would then profit via the trading fees as well.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
i like the idea

+ 1
Why?

« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:51:56 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Would like to see this become a habit. It shows great confidence in the project. Also the fact this person is willing to pay so much money for this should mean they (1) have a need for this (2) have to market this.

I would say give the extra cost since it would be a more expensive transaction. It can have lifetime royalties and it should. Just as long as BTS can get  a % too, even if small.

For example:
Normal Transaction: 30 BTS
Stealth Transaction: 50/60BTS

Split the difference (50 or 60 - 30) and give it to the person funding this.

I would like to know, however, the amount of time that it will take to develop as we have other important tasks atm too
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:00:32 pm by Akado »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
i like the idea

+ 1
Why?

TravelsAsia

Developers try hard to push for stealth feature even though most understand that bond or prediction market would be better for Bitshares.

Forum members figure out that the stealth feature is going to be developed by them for their own use and they are trying to get it funded by Bitshares.

With no hope of getting funded by Bitshares suddenly a mysterious benefactor comes in and offers to fund it in exchange for $1000 and lifetime fees.

My question is, how come this 'benefactor' be so dumb as to not understand that there is more money in getting the developers to build bond or prediction market.

I don't care about the motivation. If we can figure out a way to bring in investors to help fund projects and it makes sense to the BTS holders, I'm all for it.  There was a recommendation about creating a UIA for the bond and prediction market. Cool.  I don't care about the why they want to fund it, I care how it's structured. I don't know if calling them dumb helps us move forward with investors.

I'd like the bond and prediction markets as well.  With some of the ideas floating in this thread, it sounds like we can build a structure which attracts those outside investments. I don't agree with lifetime fees, but I like where the conversation is heading.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:46:11 pm by TravelsAsia »