Author Topic: Cryptonomex to License Graphene and Graphene-UI under BSD License  (Read 11826 times)

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
 +5%  great thing
@bytemaster: is this means, that bitshares will be truly open, and now I will be able to legally create my own blockchain based on graphene code? :)
I think  everyone can fork any open code  as bitcoin, nxt , but it is different to success ,  like NXT ,there are many alt-coin base on NXT, but many of them are disappear.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 06:47:44 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

The community has to revive its value proposition in order for this to work. If the value of the community doesn't equal what is expected out of some kind of share, then it doesn't make sense. When the 'community' numbers in the millions.. then you have something to bargain with.. otherwise you are asking a business to give up something for essentially nothing.. in their estimation anyways. They can just go ahead without sharedrop and the consequences of the community not supporting wouldn't even register.

Ye of little faith. Expect and demand it, that's what we should do. They can be on our good side or our bad side. We have that power now and it will only grow with more users and a larger community.

That's pretty much what I was saying.. the power we have now though is like a 10 lumen LED :) ... sure it's power.. but when we are up to 300k lumen floods.. then its noticeable... and powerful.

I would caution the expect and demanding though.. that could very quickly come across the wrong way. The whole idea of the social consensus was just that.. social.. demanding it is not very social.. neither is expecting. We can very fairly offer it.. and if the offering is accepted willingly and with joy.. then great. I am say though that they will look at it just like I said already and see that they are the losers in that deal and will not be so excited about it. Those that don't simply don't get our unique brand of support. I just hope what follows that doesn't lead to others not even wanting to engage us.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
The community has to revive its value proposition in order for this to work. If the value of the community doesn't equal what is expected out of some kind of share, then it doesn't make sense. When the 'community' numbers in the millions.. then you have something to bargain with.. otherwise you are asking a business to give up something for essentially nothing.. in their estimation anyways. They can just go ahead without sharedrop and the consequences of the community not supporting wouldn't even register.

Ye of little faith. Expect and demand it, that's what we should do. They can be on our good side or our bad side. We have that power now and it will only grow with more users and a larger community.

Offline jtme

Actually I am kind of a fan of a step less than that [It very well be my conservative thinking; or inability to see things as liberal as most here]

But free to everything BTS related should have been enough. I really do not want other chains (MUSE, PLAY, player X) getting the stuff that BTS holders paid for, for free.

If you want it - make yourself a DAPP on BTS, or pay to CNX or whoever developed that particular feature. The idea it to generally prevent even the thought of milk-cowing BTS, passing through anybody's mind.

Anyway, definitely better than the current state, in my view.

I agree.
and I'm not sure why everyone else celebrates :).
This is good for CNX business and other potentialy competing chains they will work for  but may not be so good for BTS holders. Anyone heard of rootstock, bitcoin ethereum sidechain coming in December ?
Anyone can take graphene code and create a sidechain where all bitasets are backed by BTC.
Goodbye BTS chain then.Without social consensus rule of sharedroping, I do not see is as a good thing.
ANd anyone remebers  CNX promises that they will not allow directly competing chains ?
What happened to that ?

I suggest to licence it as BSD with the social consensus rule that every new chain has to be
approved by voting of   of comitte members same way as worker proposals are ....
The success of voting would depend on the percentge of sharedrop and other conditions.

At any rate, why so rush now. It can be BSD licenced any time, but it can never be taken back
if it turns out to be a bad decision.

Actually I am kind of a fan of a step less than that [It very well be my conservative thinking; or inability to see things as liberal as most here]

But free to everything BTS related should have been enough. I really do not want other chains (MUSE, PLAY, player X) getting the stuff that BTS holders paid for, for free.

If you want it - make yourself a DAPP on BTS, or pay to CNX or whoever developed that particular feature. The idea it to generally prevent even the thought of milk-cowing BTS, passing anybody's mind.

+5%

Yes, well done.. definitely better.. BUT, while BTS is still trying to figure out it's business model, maybe we should be a little more conservative. I'm concerned about fragmentation of the network effect, and to some extent leeching, as tonyk mentioned.

Just revive the Social Consensus. Why am I the only poster who brings that up anymore? Look back over the last six months on this forum and I'll bet the last six posts on the Social Consensus have all been mine. Between licensing and stealing something for free lies the community's expectation that anyone using this technology will sharedrop a small percentage. If they don't, we blackball them rather than inviting them to Beyond Bitcoin. If they do honor the Social Consensus, then they have the full weight of this community behind their product. I think it's a great notion and I believe we should expect that of everyone using this technology (the development of which this community has supported technologically, financially, and morally).

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

TravelsAsia

If you want it - make yourself a DAPP on BTS, or pay to CNX or whoever developed that particular feature. The idea it to generally prevent even the thought of milk-cowing BTS, passing anybody's mind.

+5%

Yes, well done.. definitely better.. BUT, while BTS is still trying to figure out it's business model, maybe we should be a little more conservative. I'm concerned about fragmentation of the network effect, and to some extent leeching, as tonyk mentioned.

Just revive the Social Consensus. Why am I the only poster who brings that up anymore? Look back over the last six months on this forum and I'll bet the last six posts on the Social Consensus have all been mine. Between licensing and stealing something for free lies the community's expectation that anyone using this technology will sharedrop a small percentage. If they don't, we blackball them rather than inviting them to Beyond Bitcoin. If they do honor the Social Consensus, then they have the full weight of this community behind their product. I think it's a great notion and I believe we should expect that of everyone using this technology (the development of which this community has supported technologically, financially, and morally).

+5% Makes sense.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

+5%

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey Tuck Fheman, here are the results of your tips...
  • bytemaster: has been credited 1 GREATIDEA
  • bytemaster: has been credited 1 FISTBUMP
  • bytemaster: has been credited 1 HIGHFIVE
  • bytemaster: Insufficient funds for asset 1.3.673
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline roadscape

+5%

That concern is only for the (c++) core... as for BSD'ing the GUI... Excellent!! Thank you!!

edit:

I've realized that open-sourcing everything is simply the right thing to do. Good move.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:53:59 pm by roadscape »
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline noisy

Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

If you want it - make yourself a DAPP on BTS, or pay to CNX or whoever developed that particular feature. The idea it to generally prevent even the thought of milk-cowing BTS, passing through anybody's mind.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 12:51:20 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline noisy

@bytemaster: is this means, that bitshares will be truly open, and now I will be able to legally create my own blockchain based on graphene code? :)
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Just wow. Thank you cryptonomex for being the most honourable, hardworking, innovative bunch I've ever had the good fortune to share a community with. Happy Thanksgiving