Author Topic: any update news?  (Read 24176 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
R3 and its cast of characters are attempting to optimize & preserve obsolete business paradigms, a business model that justifies consulting revenues based on saying what the client wants to hear but ultimately their work will prove to be little more than a costly experiment

I don't know what your project is up to, but you're really that confident on that? You honestly believe Identabit will prove itself as the one service for banks (or one of the top few?). I'm not underestimating any of your work or ambitions, plus I have no idea who you know. It's just that they are the ones with the money and connections to take the project forward. With this I'm not saying there can't be any other projects but they should have the uncontested lead on that front. It seems they have unlimited resources, with the backing of so many huge banks.

Of course they have the money and connections to dominate the current, old fashioned, obsolete paradigm.
John foresees a new paradigm that their own inertia prevents them from reaching.
Like the monkey that can't escape from the coconut trap because he won't let go of what he already has in his hand.

Yeah, and that makes it even more difficult. It's harder to go against them instead of working with them, which kind of the idea I have of Identabit? High risk but of course high reward so guess we'll have to wait and see.

You misunderstand.  No one said anything about going against all of them.
Do you have any idea of how many banking institutions there are in the world?

It's just that the biggest of them have a vested interest in what makes them the biggest...

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
It's just abstract enough and ambitious enough to seem like a pie in the sky (until it actually happens).
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
R3 and its cast of characters are attempting to optimize & preserve obsolete business paradigms, a business model that justifies consulting revenues based on saying what the client wants to hear but ultimately their work will prove to be little more than a costly experiment

I don't know what your project is up to, but you're really that confident on that? You honestly believe Identabit will prove itself as the one service for banks (or one of the top few?). I'm not underestimating any of your work or ambitions, plus I have no idea who you know. It's just that they are the ones with the money and connections to take the project forward. With this I'm not saying there can't be any other projects but they should have the uncontested lead on that front. It seems they have unlimited resources, with the backing of so many huge banks.

Of course they have the money and connections to dominate the current, old fashioned, obsolete paradigm.
John foresees a new paradigm that their own inertia prevents them from reaching.
Like the monkey that can't escape from the coconut trap because he won't let go of what he already has in his hand.

Yeah, and that makes it even more difficult. It's harder to go against them instead of working with them, which kind of the idea I have of Identabit? High risk but of course high reward so guess we'll have to wait and see.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
R3?

what is that?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:55:50 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline underwun

• Life Matters
    • View Profile
Hi All

We are very much in play but we focused on fundraising, partners and keeping our strategy private.

Our focus is on new-banking and its disruptive potential and the transition path required to see it happen.

As they say we are 'all in' and there is not a second we are not working towards our goal to define and establish the future of banking as we see it.

I will spend more time here in coming weeks as of today, thanks to the support of some of the foremost respected financial figures, we have now completed the strategic papers required to raise money but we will continue to keep our cards close to our chest, our asset is our thinking and strategic plan and the forum is surely not a good place to reveal our secrets.

I'll say the following:

• R3 and its cast of characters are attempting to optimize & preserve obsolete business paradigms, a business model that justifies consulting revenues based on saying what the client wants to hear but ultimately their work will prove to be little more than a costly experiment
  • Existing attempts at centralized compliance chains are open to coercion and corrupt management practices
  • We are convinced that current banking revenue streams are past tense, i.e. centralized funds management, transfers, security and FX
  • We are satisfied that the world of new-banking is ripe for the picking and we have it sorted
  • We are feeling very up, timing is everything and our time is 2016

Take care and maybe ping me on Twitter if you want a one on one, it works for Fuzzy.

John
There's a reason for everything and if there isn't there should be...

Tuck Fheman

censorship is a sign of weakness. I can use the ignore function based on my own judgement, thank you!

#sharebits "toast" 5 PERCENT
#sharebits "toast" 1 FISTBUMP

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
censorship is a sign of weakness. I can use the ignore function based on my own judgement, thank you!
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Tuck Fheman

He should is banned

fixed that for you :)

I guess putting them on ignore was too hard.

"muh freedoms"

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:53:00 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Thank you fav.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Nope.

Just talked with Underwood last night. 

He said he'd stop by to say "hi" in a few days when he gets his current hot focus task finished.
sb
stan
a real liar fucker
How many times does this fool get to fling disgusting language and slander at one of our founders before he gets either censored or banned from the forum? It is a disgrace.
He should is banned

fixed that for you :)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Nope.

Just talked with Underwood last night. 

He said he'd stop by to say "hi" in a few days when he gets his current hot focus task finished.
sb
stan
a real liar fucker
How many times does this fool get to fling disgusting language and slander at one of our founders before he gets either censored or banned from the forum? It is a disgrace.
He should be banned
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag