Author Topic: Plan for introducing Privacy (STEALTH) Mode feature asap  (Read 19314 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Re: Plan for introducing Privacy (STEALTH) Mode feature asap
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2015, 12:26:43 pm »

4.   Fees shall be automatically distributed by the blockchain to the following accounts:
        o   20% to the BitShares network.
        o   20% to a Maintenance Account.
        o   60% to holder(s) of the Privacy Mode Fees accumulation account

what is the fee if using STEALTH transfer by CLI wallet ?
I think it must same as normal ?

I  don`t think  it is a priority feature , but I cannot oppose this feature because block chain can contain many things ,
but I oppose change the fee if using  STEALTH transfer by CLI wallet
If you have some stakes,  vote with them. Else your opinion won't be taken into consideration.
BTS account: abit
BTS committee member: abit
BTS witness: in.abit

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2015, 02:35:32 pm »
OK now that this [explicit] is set in stone, I have nothing more I can do but open a poll:

what will be the average market cap loss for BTS between now and the time the stealth is out [my guess is about April].

It is ridiculous but I do think you guys are willingly taking a 2.5 to more likely 4 mil USD market cap hit, so CNX can cash 45K immediately, and onceaponaprivacydream can make this 45K suicidal investment.[the one he brakes even in about 3-5 years?]

---------
weighted market cap per CMC
Dec 13 '15 - 9,602,798
till 7 days before the stealth release is announced.

Tony, you are extremely short sighted.  How much of a market cap hit would BTS take if we weren't working on BTS at all?  How much of a hit would it take if we diluted BTS by 30K per month to fund features?

With the current BTS feature , it's not really hard to maintain a marketcap lower than Dogecoin with zero features .
If you stop working now , and if BTS going lower , then I think people will have no doubt that BTS is indeed centralized and worthless than Dogecoin .

You have 100X the feature than what Dogecoin has already . If BTS is not going anywhere , it's not because lack of some feature . 

The only reason that will affect BTS marketcap after you stop working on it is because it's not finished/centralized/rely on people to keep it running just like a manual device/it may render useless if BM on a boat trip.....And one day , if BM changed his mind about working on BTS because of(but not limited to) change of personality/political believes/different view of the world /suddenly hate C++ and love Java/suddenly love painting than programming/.......   , then all of their investment will go to zero .....In either case , it's not really comforting for people to use it regardless of how many new features is being developed .

I think you are giving cnx and bm too much credit as far as influence goes. From what I've seen they own less than 10% of bts.  And I don't think bts would go to zero if they quit working on the project.  It's just code, its mit licensed, and any programmer could come in and start working on it.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2015, 02:54:49 pm »
... I don't think bts would go to zero if they quit working on the project.  It's just code, its mit licensed, and any programmer could come in and start working on it.

It certainly could, though. Interesting this is being brought up today.
Just this morning I was skyped by a whale friend of mine in China who asked me...

[1:48:56 AM] : Do you know how to fork BTS ?
[1:48:56 AM] : we want to fork BTS
[1:48:56 AM] : :)
[1:48:56 AM] : For stock market use
[1:48:56 AM] : In China
[1:49:06 AM] : may need some help

If CNX doesn't keep their nose to the grindstone, the next fork might just hurt a bit more..
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
« Reply #108 on: December 25, 2015, 03:00:47 pm »
OK now that this [explicit] is set in stone, I have nothing more I can do but open a poll:

what will be the average market cap loss for BTS between now and the time the stealth is out [my guess is about April].

It is ridiculous but I do think you guys are willingly taking a 2.5 to more likely 4 mil USD market cap hit, so CNX can cash 45K immediately, and onceaponaprivacydream can make this 45K suicidal investment.[the one he brakes even in about 3-5 years?]

---------
Dec 13 '15 - 9,602,798

Tony, you are extremely short sighted.  How much of a market cap hit would BTS take if we weren't working on BTS at all?  How much of a hit would it take if we diluted BTS by 30K per month to fund features?

With the current BTS feature , it's not really hard to maintain a marketcap lower than Dogecoin with zero features .
If you stop working now , and if BTS going lower , then I think people will have no doubt that BTS is indeed centralized and worthless than Dogecoin .

You have 100X the feature than what Dogecoin has already . If BTS is not going anywhere , it's not because lack of some feature . 

The only reason that will affect BTS marketcap after you stop working on it is because it's not finished/centralized/rely on people to keep it running just like a manual device/it may render useless if BM on a boat trip.....And one day , if BM changed his mind about working on BTS because of(but not limited to) change of personality/political believes/different view of the world /suddenly hate C++ and love Java/suddenly love painting than programming/.......   , then all of their investment will go to zero .....In either case , it's not really comforting for people to use it regardless of how many new features is being developed .

I think you are giving cnx and bm too much credit as far as influence goes. From what I've seen they own less than 10% of bts.  And I don't think bts would go to zero if they quit working on the project.  It's just code, its mit licensed, and any programmer could come in and start working on it.
Glad to see.. but where is this "any programmer"? It's claimed by a lot of people on this forum that only code written by or reviewed by CNX is acceptable.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2015, 03:08:01 pm »

---------
Dec 13 '15 - 9,602,798

According to http://cryptofresh.com/ballots,
bytemaster   11 / 25 / 3   11   4.99%
angel   11 / 30 / 7   5   4.61%
Active voting stake: 21.0%
A 10% voting power (and keeps raising) is somewhat of "dictatorship" right now.

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2015, 03:14:15 pm »
The bytemaster account has 0 bts in it.  The angel account is also not all Bm.  So 10% is mostly from others voting to follow Bm. Even with all of that he still controls less than 50% of active voting stake.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2015, 03:36:16 pm »
The bytemaster account has 0 bts in it.  The angel account is also not all Bm.  So 10% is mostly from others voting to follow Bm. Even with all of that he still controls less than 50% of active voting stake.
That says everything. No matter what BM says or does, those people just agree. It's even worse than BM owns all the stakes.
On the opposite, it's likely that most people who don't agree with BM have voted with their feet.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 03:37:53 pm by abit »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2015, 03:41:25 pm »
How much of a market cap hit would BTS take if we weren't working on BTS at all?  How much of a hit would it take if we diluted BTS by 30K per month to fund features?

I have to agree here.

...and to think, all we need is another 19K and we will instantly have over 50K businesses (like supermarket chains!) with the ability to process Smartcoin transactions at every cash register at every one of their locations:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20762.0.html
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2015, 03:54:39 pm »
... I don't think bts would go to zero if they quit working on the project.  It's just code, its mit licensed, and any programmer could come in and start working on it.

Just this morning I was skyped by a whale friend of mine in China who asked me...

If CNX doesn't keep their nose to the grindstone, the next fork might just hurt a bit more..
I think you should push him to use the current bts platform and develop on our chain instead of forking it.

What will you advise him to do?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2015, 04:12:12 pm »

I think you should push him to use the current bts platform and develop on our chain instead of forking it.

Why?
The businessman might not be too keen to building his proverbial garage in a unfinished mall,  mall that has a good chance to be the headquarters of the union of the young alcoholics in 3 mo or less... or something else altogether.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 25, 2015, 04:19:37 pm »
How much of a market cap hit would BTS take if we weren't working on BTS at all?  How much of a hit would it take if we diluted BTS by 30K per month to fund features?

I have to agree here.

...and to think, all we need is another 19K and we will instantly have over 50K businesses (like supermarket chains!) with the ability to process Smartcoin transactions at every cash register at every one of their locations:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20762.0.html

You will not get something instantly. If you integrate bitshares into odoo pos, this will be very cool, but this does not mean that all 50K odoo users will instantly start to use this feature.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2015, 04:58:30 pm »

I know how to fork BTS .
There is a "fork" button on Github .  +5% +5%
Can you send me his skype ? I'll talk him through it .
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 05:05:23 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 25, 2015, 07:18:53 pm »
their logic goes like this.... if I build a better looking house on your land I can claim the land as mine. After all they claimed a whole continent as 'theirs' following this tactic, what are a feature or two on BTS.

CLI users are (and always will be) a very small fraction of Bitshares' user base. Sorry, but you are not that important. It is more important that the masses be able to use said feature than you get "robbed" of it. Anyways, the appreciation of the value of the BTS token, if we are able to further adoption, will in effect remedy the "profit" you could of made from Stealth transfers (or any feature for that matter.) Adoption has always been the end game goal for Bitshares- if it is widely adopted everyone wins, regardless of who owns X, Y or Z feature. Making Stealth transfers available to the masses rather than just CLI users is a good step in that direction. It will take many more steps, but every step is worth taking.

You guys should of realized early on that Bytemaster will heavily influence the direction the Bitshares project will take. If you don't like that, then please just sell your stake and go somewhere else because your negativity is toxic to the community.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 07:28:36 pm by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
« Reply #118 on: December 25, 2015, 08:37:27 pm »
Democracy doesn't mean that majoraty should be able to rob minority. Not only CLI but also other GUI users (for example moonstone) would have to pay the fee. Graphene GUI is not and should not be the only GUI of BTS.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #119 on: December 25, 2015, 10:00:35 pm »
The fee doesnt change for cli users ... effectively .. only what would have been paid to the referral program now goes to the fba .. BUT since the referral program CANNOT work together with stealth, these funds never would have went to the referal program in the first place ... so in the end it does change much for the end user but a fraction of bts profits is redirected to a fba

I'll try to make it more clear in the bsip after the holidays
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH