Author Topic: [Ann] Peermit.com - 2FA for BitShares (early beta for advanced users)  (Read 11939 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Hmm.. I checked again and found them at last.
I'm automatically forwarding all mails to that address to another mailbox, however gmail filtered the mails as spam and didn't forward them for me, so they are left in the spam folder of the original address. Annoying. I added a few new filters just now, wish it helps.

Thanks for your help  +5%
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@abit: This is odd .. in the beginning I received a lot of these from google:

Code: [Select]
Dec 15 14:54:35 panel postfix/smtp[9737]: 116C36320FF: to=<mail-of-a-bit-redacted@gmail.com>, relay=alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.130.27]:25, delay=380, delays=376/0.01/2/1.6, dsn=4.7.0, status=deferred (host alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.130.27] said: 421-4.7.0 [176.9.234.163      15] Our system has detected an unusual rate of 421-4.7.0 unsolicited mail originating from your IP address. To protect our 421-4.7.0 users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been temporarily 421-4.7.0 rate limited. Please visit 421-4.7.0  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126 to review our Bulk Email 421 4.7.0 Senders Guidelines. 66si2081703pfo.92 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))                           
Dec 15 15:04:36 panel postfix/smtp[12130]: 1C8E2632105: to=<mail-of-a-bit-redacted@gmail.com>, relay=alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.130.27]:25, delay=970, delays=966/0.01/2.6/1.2, dsn=4.7.0, status=deferred (host alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.130.27] said: 421-4.7.0 [176.9.234.163      15] Our system has detected an unusual rate of 421-4.7.0 unsolicited mail originating from your IP address. To protect our 421-4.7.0 users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been temporarily 421-4.7.0 rate limited. Please visit 421-4.7.0  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126 to review our Bulk Email 421 4.7.0 Senders Guidelines. w69si905571ywd.223 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))                       
Dec 15 15:04:37 panel postfix/smtp[12129]: 116C36320FF: to=<mail-of-a-bit-redacted@gmail.com>, relay=alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.130.27]:25, delay=981, delays=977/0.01/2.8/1.7, dsn=4.7.0, status=deferred (host alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.130.27] said: 421-4.7.0 [176.9.234.163      15] Our system has detected an unusual rate of 421-4.7.0 unsolicited mail originating from your IP address. To protect our 421-4.7.0 users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been temporarily 421-4.7.0 rate limited. Please visit 421-4.7.0  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126 to review our Bulk Email 421 4.7.0 Senders Guidelines. i128si902472ywf.271 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))     

but later on I get
Dec 15 15:24:33 panel postfix/smtp[14942]: 1C8E2632105: to=<mail-of-a-bit-redacted@gmail.com>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.65.27]:25, delay=2166, delays=2166/0.01/0.13/0.78, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1450189473 b8si2259459wjx.62 - gsmtp)                                                                                                                 
Dec 15 15:24:33 panel postfix/smtp[14941]: 116C36320FF: to=<mail-of-a-bit-redacted@gmail.com>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.65.27]:25, delay=2177, delays=2177/0.01/0.14/0.78, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1450189473 v9si2220041wje.152 - gsmtp)                                                                                                                 
Dec 18 20:34:08 panel postfix/smtp[16107]: 217266320E0: to=<mail-of-a-bit-redacted@gmail.com>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.65.27]:25, delay=1.2, delays=0.04/0.05/0.18/0.96, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1450467248 d10si27790295wje.120 - gsmtp)                                                                                                               
Dec 18 20:34:18 panel postfix/smtp[16107]: AEC596320E0: to=<mail-of-a-bit-redacted@gmail.com>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.65.27]:25, delay=0.32, delays=0.04/0/0.1/0.17, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1450467258 n10si27832541wja.51 - gsmtp)                                                                                                                   
Dec 19 13:09:02 panel postfix/smtp[28477]: AC5A36320E2: to=<mail-of-a-bit-redacted@gmail.com>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.24.27]:25, delay=1.2, delays=0.19/0.04/0.24/0.76, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1450526942 g66si20131631wmf.82 - gsmtp) 

It says that google took the mail and deliver it.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
No email still..
I have noticed that google didnt accept my mail for some policy reason but thought it was delivered by now. I'll take look at the logs when back.

In the meantime there should be an account created with your username+"-secured".
before using it check that the owner key is the same and that the active permissions are ok .. you can also take a loom at the history of peermit-reg to find the proper account.

Sorry for the troubles
Yes, I noticed the new account created and tested with it before post above, but if I understood correctly without notification email I can't confirm my transfer (the 2nd step). Made one more test just now but haven't got any email yet as well.
Thanks.

abit-2fa-secured Created a proposal  3 minutes ago
abit-2fa-secured Created a proposal  yesterday
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:25:30 pm by abit »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
No email still..
I have noticed that google didnt accept my mail for some policy reason but thought it was delivered by now. I'll take look at the logs when back.

In the meantime there should be an account created with your username+"-secured".
before using it check that the owner key is the same and that the active permissions are ok .. you can also take a loom at the history of peermit-reg to find the proper account.

Sorry for the troubles

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Got it.  Had to do two attempts.  I was too slow to get it done in 60s the first time.  Absolutely awesome work xeroc.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline puppies

• View Profile
is this re-enabled yet Xeroc.  I was hoping to play with it help test a little bit today.
I just noticed your first trial of this service and you ran into an edge case that I probably need to check on registration to make the users aware of it.
You probably wondered why your transaction went through though you have just made a simple transaction (no proposal) and Peermit did not need to approve it.
The edge case is a result of founder accounts having an identical OWNER and ACTIVE key.

so:
- the owner key of puppies is the owner key of puppies-secured (as it should be as per our definition)
- the active key of puppies is IDENTICAL to its owner key (that shouldn't be the case for newly created accounts)
Hence, whenever you transfer funds from puppies-secured, your wallet knows about the OWNER key and thus OVERWRITES any active authority requirements (as it should be)

If you puppies active key wasn't identical to the owner key, the transfer signature wouldn't be sufficient to transfer funds, you would get a "missing active authority" warning and would require to PROPOSE the transfer .. only then will I see a proposal an send you a mail

Makes sense to you?
Hopefully this issue can a) be address by checking the keys on registration and sending out a mail and b) by changing the active key of your original account (which will soon be available as a simple button click)

Thats what I figured.  Thats why I did the 1k bts test back to dele-puppy. I have now adjusted the owner key of puppies-secured to a cold private key.  Now the fun testing begins.  I am not exactly sure how to use your python class, but the trial and error is about to begin.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
is this re-enabled yet Xeroc.  I was hoping to play with it help test a little bit today.
I just noticed your first trial of this service and you ran into an edge case that I probably need to check on registration to make the users aware of it.
You probably wondered why your transaction went through though you have just made a simple transaction (no proposal) and Peermit did not need to approve it.
The edge case is a result of founder accounts having an identical OWNER and ACTIVE key.

so:
- the owner key of puppies is the owner key of puppies-secured (as it should be as per our definition)
- the active key of puppies is IDENTICAL to its owner key (that shouldn't be the case for newly created accounts)
Hence, whenever you transfer funds from puppies-secured, your wallet knows about the OWNER key and thus OVERWRITES any active authority requirements (as it should be)

If you puppies active key wasn't identical to the owner key, the transfer signature wouldn't be sufficient to transfer funds, you would get a "missing active authority" warning and would require to PROPOSE the transfer .. only then will I see a proposal an send you a mail

Makes sense to you?
Hopefully this issue can a) be address by checking the keys on registration and sending out a mail and b) by changing the active key of your original account (which will soon be available as a simple button click)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Yes it is .. however i will be unavailable over the weekend to give you any support .. I'll add the instruction (that i removed for security reasons) in a few minutes

//edit: I added the instructions .. have fun
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:38:45 pm by xeroc »

Offline puppies

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
nice approach!

i think 0.4% will be really expensive, considering this is just a kind of "insurance"

i would say you should try to calculate how many accounts you can handle automated with your computer etc. and make a yearly or monthly fee.

say, you will charge 15 bitUSD for 1 year. with this pricing you will make more with small accounts, but less with higher accounts. But i assume in the long run,
you would have much to do with not so used accounts and from my expierence theses accounts will cost you much more time then the big accounts, because they need more
attention.
Thanks for the input.
Of all the aspects of creating a business, dealing with revenue and expenses are
the most diffcult once for me.

maybe, you can think also about future  services you can charge extra fees etc.
That is the plan.

could you give me a hint how i can start the client wallet on windows? i am
trying for a couple of days, but my tech is to low to understand it. i think the
node is running, but i can't do anything with the client wallet.
you need to open the rpc port in the witness node:

./programs/witness_node/witness_node --rpc-endpoint="192.168.0.100:8090"

and can then connect your cli_wallet with that witness with:

./programs/cli_wallet/cli_wallet --server-rpc-endpoint="ws://192.168.0.100:8090"

Note that you need to import the keys you want to use in the cli_wallet manually
using
import_key <account> "<wif>"

Some common calls are given here:
http://docs.bitshares.eu/integration/often-used-calls.html

Cheers
 -- Fabian

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Hmm.. @xeroc Just found that I hadn't got any email..
Have you checked spam folder? I see a gmail.com address for your account and a registered secured account ..
No new mail in spam folder.. and yes I saw that account registered (from the transaction history of peermit-reg).

FYI, I am taking down the proposal-monitoring script until another issue is fixed .. I will keep you posted
That that want to test the 2FA authentication will need to wait a few more days ..

sorry for any inconveniences
I'll keep you posted
Sent another 200BTS to peermit-reg before seen this post.. :P will wait.. wish you fix the issue soon  +5%
BTW better update OP if not did.

You are right .. it seems gmail blocked that mail .. at least the deny to take that mail several times
It should have went through by now.

I'll investigate

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Have you checked spam folder? I see a gmail.com address for your account and a registered secured account ..
No new mail in spam folder.. and yes I saw that account registered (from the transaction history of peermit-reg).

FYI, I am taking down the proposal-monitoring script until another issue is fixed .. I will keep you posted
That that want to test the 2FA authentication will need to wait a few more days ..

I'll keep you posted
Sent another 200BTS to peermit-reg before seen this post.. :P will wait.. wish you fix the issue soon  +5%
BTW better update OP if not did.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

I'll keep you posted
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 10:22:40 pm by xeroc »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH