Author Topic: POLL: Why are you still hodling BTS?  (Read 13001 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
We are light-years ahead of where we were 30 months ago.

...would we be as willing to start today as we were back before we had any of that?

Uh, yeah...

Merry Christmas everyone, we are just getting started.

I know you are exited. You believe you have combined the money printing press with the ability to live in a lala land and spend the time dreaming of the virtual reality of only your own genius inventions all around.

Unfortunately for you the price of BTS is  not only the bell it is supposed to be [ringing and informing you of the sanity of your decisions as you make them], but also the limiting factor on the total craziness one [read you] is able to go. And it when it starts ringing - 'Nothing else financeable', 6-9 mo. from now I am sure you will hear it [or will not be able to deny it anyways].

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Riverhead

Tech is the best IMO, but PR is very bad... Why doesn't BM travel the US and the world to spread the words of BitShares? :)
Merry Christmas!

Stan did a great job in China :) .

seriously? I don't want to say this but I have to tell you almost nobody in china care about Stan!

It's not always about China. Even in China.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
We are light-years ahead of where we were 30 months ago.

Given the availability of that proven real-time platform,
and the demonstrated ability to overcome many problems
and the lessons learned from the mistakes made along the way
and the strong community and skilled talent we have supporting us
and the number of business models that can now be cranked out in rapid succession
and the opportunities for all kinds of entrepreneurs to make a profit with minimal investment
and the strong team of incurable pessimists to ensure that we remain the humblest people in all human history

...would we be as willing to start today as we were back before we had any of that?

Uh, yeah...

Merry Christmas everyone, we are just getting started.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 03:42:51 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline wallace

• View Profile
Tech is the best IMO, but PR is very bad... Why doesn't BM travel the US and the world to spread the words of BitShares? :)
Merry Christmas!

Stan did a great job in China :).

seriously? I don't want to say this but I have to tell you almost nobody in china care about Stan!

anyway, Merry Xmas
give me money, I will do...

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

It's my opinion that Bitshares will increase in value in the near future.

I believe in what we can do with Bitshares 110% and have put everything I have in business behind it. I see lots of different things happening with different folks, but I hold this believe solely based on my own knowledge, volition, and actions.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
I am hodling because I understand the tech and know that there is not a single competitor having solved as many problems as graphene/bitshares.
This tech is so amazing and the devs have put so much flexibility and imho people simply dont understand it yet ..

+5%

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
I hold on because I believe in the cause and the pursuit of free market solutions to securing life, liberty, and property.

We are constantly learning and improving. Crypto isn't currently ready for the main stream.  No one has quite figured it out yet. 

Graphene and BitShares is an amazing foundation.  We just need to keep focus on a higher purpose and not get caught up in "price". 

CNX is 110% behind BitShares and is dropping any and all distractions other than improving the BitShares ecosystem.

Well said Dan. Time for a break. Lets hope 2016 sees more adoption to go along with your teams continual innovation.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Offline onceuponatime

I hold on because I believe in the cause and the pursuit of free market solutions to securing life, liberty, and property.

We are constantly learning and improving. Crypto isn't currently ready for the main stream.  No one has quite figured it out yet. 

Graphene and BitShares is an amazing foundation.  We just need to keep focus on a higher purpose and not get caught up in "price". 

CNX is 110% behind BitShares and is dropping any and all distractions other than improving the BitShares ecosystem.

Great idea Dan!!! Invest your money in us and then do not pay too much attention to the price (i.e. your money).

@onceuponatime I hope you are listing.... an ideology especially you should prepare yourself to believe in.

Poor Tony. So lost in cynicism.

Do you remember the good ol'  days when Bitcoin dropped from $30 to less that $2? What did you sell at? $20? $15?  $8? Did you hold until it fell to $5? $4? $3? ..... or did you finally give up hope when it went below $2?

Or were you in it for the vision and held and bought more? Like I did. And stuck with it until BitShares came along and moved over to an even better vision.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Great idea Dan!!! Invest your money in us and then do not pay too much attention to the price (i.e. your money).

@onceuponatime I hope you are listing.... an ideology especially you should prepare yourself to believe in.

IIRC Dan used to be all about the price, profit and whether something adds value, BTS's abysmal market performance has lead to statements like 'lets not focus on price' , 'it's about the vision' (the vision was always important but if IIRC it was understood while short term price was irrelevant profitablility and or price growth was obviously necessary to sustain it.)

Merry Xmas everyone, if nothing else BTS is a great place for interesting debates!  :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 01:18:17 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I remember the incredible sense of excitement I felt playing around in the cli for the first time after compiling the client. The combination of price-stable currencies, 10 second consensus, and anonymity was a revelation.

It was like my own interface to an open-source version of swift or something - felt very dark-web and empowering.

That excitement was probably matched by shock, when the community chose the "bts as equity rather than currency" model to continue funding itself. To me using inflation/dilution made us no  better than central-banks and there was a loss of legitimacy.

I never sold - but stopped investing at that point.

Pretty similar to me, except I have sold excl. merger allocation.

I always understood, Bytemaster's DAC vs. Money idea and the advantages of the former lacked the understanding imo that DACs require increased trust in others when the very problem BTC solved was how to reduce trust required. (Despite increased transparency, due to lack of legal fallback and anonymity, DACs are actually inferior even to their centralised counterparts and are a regression in this area,  and mainly offer added value if you want to target business models that operate in legal grey areas because of the difficulty in shutting them down but this is something BTS has thus far shyed away from and the witness system is not necessarily ideally suited to either.)

When he combined the concept of currency & a DAC on one platform though, I thought the man's a genius, the market will love this and it did, it was also exactly the right time for it, right place, right time, I thought two years from now this man will be richer than Satoshi and make more of a positive impact on the world.

If he expands his focus and tries to answer the question again now, 'how can I create a currency that is superior to what's on the market, in that it requires less trust, has less waste, is better distributed, can reach consensus on blockchain upgrades but not supply - unpossible? , has BitAssets and has some funding to put into that and marketing, example referral system. Then he may find some success easily again because I think the market knows Bitcoin is structurally flawed and may not be the dominant currency 5 years from now.

BTS will have to hit on a profitable product or perhaps be adopted by a larger player like for example overstock to grow considerably in value next year while the way it's looking atm POW currencies should have a strong 2016 despite their waste.

Nothing wrong with creating the successor to Bitcoin and the World's most successful DAC.

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
Yeah i dont sell (and buy moar bts) i understand tech, i understand devs, i understand actual financial hacking system and paying passarels, and yeah im proud of low prices giving a chance to buy more.

if bitshares makes a call to visa or mastercard  ... can feel devs stay with us bitshares, a sharedrop of VisaShares will be amazing.
also makes rural - wallstreet will be enought, can take a piece of bar in netherlands or shop in london ect.. with 4 clicks just amazing.

I wanna be rich, im know holding bitshares can do it for me. and also holding and little trading for devs-delegates can have good payment

New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.