Author Topic: Mutual Aid Society [BLOG POST]  (Read 5450 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I have a lot of questions.. but as I see the MAS concept unfold, I get more and more interested. This post begins to dig into the practical issues and it's a great start. It's a natural alignment of incentives, and there's endless possibilities for gamification of mutual aid..

I'll start with the dumbest question: what does MUXER stand for?

MUXER is electrical engineering slang for "multiplexer".
It  vaguely suggests the routing of a set of signals (or resources) onto a single medium or blockchain.
It is just an internal code word chosen because it is easier to say than "null frequency phased array quantum impluser"

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
BM, you have such brilliant ideas, I really like this MAS concept.

But at the same time your communication strategy is absolutely terrible.
It feels like there is a part of you that wants to sabotage the whole thing.

You could've easily introduced MAS without alienating so many people.
You could've said the same things but in a different way - without depreciating DEX in any way.

It is true that we always seem to cause a forum-fire every time BM tries to share his thoughts.
But at least he is trying.  Plus, I've spent untold hours trying to help explain his latest thinking.
But its like trying to have a conversation with people who are determined to assume the worst. 

Suit yourselves.

We aren't going to get any better at sharing our breakthrough thoughts, so telling us to change isn't going to make any difference.  (I don't try to change my wife anymore either, and She Couldn't Change Me.)

There have been no pivots since the merger.  Just steady problem solving technical progress that takes us light years ahead of where we were at this time last year.  Instead of merely having a DEX on a blockchain, we now have that plus a freaking real time platform that can support all sorts of business models and govern itself. Plus many ways for independent entrepreneurs to plug in and launch their own profitable dreams.

That opportunity is offered to everyone on a silver platter.

And we have guys like Ronny who are taking the DEX forward using skills we don't have.  So it's not abandoned, just handed off to managers with the right skill mix.  And we still have a team polishing the user interface features and ready to implement whatever priorities emerge from Ronny and the community.  BitShares will prosper because it has Cryptonomex on its team doing the trailblazing function, not because we are the whole team.  (If we did try to do it all - or even when we don't, those same folks switch to complaining about centralization... in this same thread.)     ::)

For over a year I've described our vision of BitShares as a "SuperDAC" platform for building businesses and our intent to be a supplier of those businesses and tools for others to build those businesses.  Originally we thought of them as separate DACs, but then we realized the power of having them share the resources of a common blockchain infrastructure.  That's what we have created.  No apologies.

What is so confusing about building the real time Linux of blockchains? 
And then setting out to develop apps for it?

Getting in on the ground floor of a decentralized business platform
and owning some or all of its future businesses is the investment opportunity.
This is not Proctor and Gamble and we are not selling soap.

Our startup business has limited resources and will apply them where we think they will do the most good for our business.  That means other things will be left for others to do. Or not.  And we are counting on this community and our industry partners to make the complementary choices that best suit them. 

Right now, we've recognized that the DEX needs more things to trade that will attract more users and outside funds to generate more liquidity and demand.  So we have our chief trailblazer looking into what has the most potential along those lines.

It does no good to tell a rook it needs to move diagonally on the chessboard.
It does no good to tell an all-star pitcher that he needs work on his batting average.

:)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:04:47 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline roadscape

I have a lot of questions.. but as I see the MAS concept unfold, I get more and more interested. This post begins to dig into the practical issues and it's a great start. It's a natural alignment of incentives, and there's endless possibilities for gamification of mutual aid..

I'll start with the dumbest question: what does MUXER stand for?
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

jakub

BM, you have such brilliant ideas, I really like this MAS concept.

But at the same time your communication strategy is absolutely terrible.
It feels like there is a part of you that wants to sabotage the whole thing.

You could've easily introduced MAS without alienating so many people.
You could've said the same things but in a different way - without depreciating DEX in any way.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.