Author Topic: I think angelshares are driving down the price of protoshares  (Read 18016 times)

busygin

recently ,the price of PTS/BTC from 0.027 down to 0.017 , descend about 50%.
I dont kown why
  • As discussed in this thread, selling PTS and donating BTC for angelshares gives you now more than donating PTS directly (not to mention that those who want angelshares most probably already have lots of PTS and less likely want to put additional BTC at stake)
  • Most altcoins declined in BTC terms since New Year
  • The quarrel between original Invictus founders became public
I still believe PTS/AGS is a good investment though. Most crypto 2.0 projects are marred in some issues (look at insider selling in mastercoin, distrust in NXT, etc.)

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
 recently ,the price of PTS/BTC from 0.027 down to 0.017 , descend about 50%.
I dont kown why
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
A perfect time to buy in or buy more is my opinion, the closer to Bitshares genesis block there more people will "panic" and prices will skyrocket, once Bitshares is announced for release i guess the Protoshares price will jump 50-100% in 24 hours.

And what if not?

Maybe there will be someone else going to launch another project named better-BTS which will honor PTS/AGS?

And for this "someone else", he/she needs to evaluate two options:

1. If I honor PTS-only, I got 90% of the DAC shares under my control
2. If I honor both PTS & AGS, I have 80% shares under my control.

According to Invictus's website:
  To that end, Invictus will only develop, endorse, support and promote DACs that meet all of the following applicable consensus requirements:
     For all third party DACs:
       Allocate at least 10% of its equity to ProtoShares holders at genesis.

What's the benefit and trade-offs for this "someone else" to give up th0se 10% (PTS) or 20% (both) equity? Just an endorsement? 

Your input is appreciated.

If this "someone else" honor PTS or AGS or Both, they will have PTS/AGS holders support. Also they can fork 3I's code from github.
If not, they must use their own code and PTS/AGS community may not know them at all.

(correct me if i misunderstand this.)

Either the Invisible Hand of the Market will demand that they honor it or it won't.  That's up to the individual decisions of everyone who invests in AGS.  Judging from the large number of small investments we see every day, there are a lot of people who would be... disappointed ... to have the infrastructure they funded used without compensation.

Then there's always that pesky pirate/hero who clones the offending DAC and honor's the patrons who funded it.  Those patrons probably include most of our industry's most influential people - everyone that a new DAC will need to succeed.  Which of the two DACs will they support?

We'll see how it shakes out.  We have postulated our theory in this month's newsletter - Social Consensus and the Invisible Hand.

We'll get the chance to test that theory soon enough.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline lib

• liberty
    • View Profile
A perfect time to buy in or buy more is my opinion, the closer to Bitshares genesis block there more people will "panic" and prices will skyrocket, once Bitshares is announced for release i guess the Protoshares price will jump 50-100% in 24 hours.

And what if not?

Maybe there will be someone else going to launch another project named better-BTS which will honor PTS/AGS?

To that end, Invictus will only develop, endorse, support and promote DACs that meet all of the following applicable consensus requirements:

What's the benefit and trade-offs for this "someone else" to give up th0se 10% (PTS) or 20% (both) equity? Just an endorsement? 

If this "someone else" honor PTS or AGS or Both, they will have PTS/AGS holders support. Also they can fork 3I's code from github.
If not, they must use their own code and PTS/AGS community may not know them at all.

(correct me if i misunderstand this.)
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA
Personal Address: PakhuBkqTu4oTHJ4ZffvzVwCGCMfuqazgm

Offline bitcool

• View Profile

And what if not?

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
Oh I should check that site more regulary :)

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

coinmarketcap displays the whole available value, not the traded volume...

There is a Volume (24h) column on coinmarketcap, isn't it the traded volume?

Offline 5chdn

• View Profile
    • Votesapp
Put another way, prior to launching AGS daily volume was only $40K and now people are buying $90K+ of AGS each and every day while PTS volume is still $50K.

Dont trust the volume on coinmarketcap, last 24h volume on btc38 is 122k PTS, and 11,514,088CNY, which is about $1.9m USD. CNY trading volume in China is about 5 times larger than BTC trading volume all over the world.

http://www.btc38.com/trade.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=pts

coinmarketcap displays the whole available value, not the traded volume...

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Put another way, prior to launching AGS daily volume was only $40K and now people are buying $90K+ of AGS each and every day while PTS volume is still $50K.

Dont trust the volume on coinmarketcap, last 24h volume on btc38 is 122k PTS, and 11,514,088CNY, which is about $1.9m USD. PTS/CNY trading volume in China is about 4 times larger than PTS/BTC trading volume all over the world.

http://www.btc38.com/trade.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=pts
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 01:21:23 pm by Amazon »

Offline lib

• liberty
    • View Profile

And what if not?

Personal Address: PakhuBkqTu4oTHJ4ZffvzVwCGCMfuqazgm

Offline 5chdn

• View Profile
    • Votesapp

And what if not?

Offline Primecoindude

• View Profile

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
most of AGS  inverters are  existing investors  , and percentage of existing investors more than  60% or more ,but 50%BTC and 50%PTS , So this strategy will driving down the price of PTS.
if let more people konw and understand BTS, more new inverstors come, the situaltion will change soon
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:55:30 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline noobster

• cryptocurrencies vs. fed
    • View Profile
it might be, because btc/ags donation is more efficient so investors might sell pts for btc to donate the project

thus it drives the price down. we'll see for how long, it might be a good time to buy in
BTC: 15mey7vTkkvHm4UoZgVEP4Yo3REDpH87KW
PTS: PkzbnN7Nkv6TcqJuNjpcLfmPqpPUphpu5W
drop some =)

sumantso

And while the above fascinating effects are no doubt in play, we should note that http://coinmarketcap.com/ shows all the equities and coins in the top 10 are down about the same percentages today.

Yes, it looks like PTS's slide against BTC may have stopped, or call it stabilized.

Famous last words :P

I think AGS does have an effect. Most investors would have already bought into PTS before the change in structure. And I have a feeling most of the AGS investors are recycled ones.

Now the main dilemma is how to balance my PTS/AGS ratio - currently its 5:1.