Author Topic: I think angelshares are driving down the price of protoshares  (Read 18024 times)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Imo some of the "Bountiful Bounties" are set far to high with tasks that take a good programmer some hours of work and that will earn him bounties like "100PTS". So either these bounties are overvalued, or PTS are highly undervalued as payment for bounties. This is surely also contributing to falling PTS/BTC value (and buy volume). On some of the last days where the "Trading Volume" was around 40.000$ in 24h, 6-10% of the whole PTS trading volume was ME spending all my BTC in PTS on Cryptsy lol. I just did not want to let the price fall under 0.017 BTC  :(...and I failed, it's at 0.0168 now.
I would review some of the bounties and lower the reward...

I agree that PTS is undervalued when you look at the bounties being provided. When you are paying in PTS not only you are giving them away at 0.017BTC a pop, you are also giving away all the future shares.

I would prefer bounties to be paid out in BTC coz we all beleive that PTS will rise against BTC. Also, more PTS with I3 would mean more BTS available for funding future projects (though personally I would prefer if the BTS generated from Angel PTS were distributed amongst PTS holders).

Here is an arguments for paying bounties in PTS: The bounty winner will keep some of the PTS which makes him a promoter of this project.

Yes thats right, some people will sell the PTS for BTC but some people will keep it and most will keep some so it turns mercenary developers into stakeholders, which is very good.

If 3i don't stop BTC investment of Angelshares. The PTS price will be going down gradually. I don't think allowing BTC investment is a good idea for PTS holders. 3I shoud stop BTC investment right now and only allow PTS investemnt to protect PTS value. Think the aim and value of PTS is that it can obtain BTS, now you can get more BTS using BTC, why should you need PTS?

The market is efficient, if Invictus had to sell the PTS we raised to fund operations then what do you think the value of PTS would be today had 50 BTC worth of selling occurred every day?   

Are you selling BTC to fund operations?

Since you have a good pipeline to reclaim PTS, and since all the bounties are denominated in PTS, it seems to me you should be eating your own dog food as much as possible, evangelizing PTS to whomever you do business with and offer them a small premium if they'll accept PTS for the work. 
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Imo some of the "Bountiful Bounties" are set far to high with tasks that take a good programmer some hours of work and that will earn him bounties like "100PTS". So either these bounties are overvalued, or PTS are highly undervalued as payment for bounties. This is surely also contributing to falling PTS/BTC value (and buy volume). On some of the last days where the "Trading Volume" was around 40.000$ in 24h, 6-10% of the whole PTS trading volume was ME spending all my BTC in PTS on Cryptsy lol. I just did not want to let the price fall under 0.017 BTC  :(...and I failed, it's at 0.0168 now.

I agree that PTS is undervalued when you look at the bounties being provided. When you are paying in PTS not only you are giving them away at 0.017BTC a pop, you are also giving away all the future shares.

I would prefer bounties to be paid out in BTC coz we all beleive that PTS will rise against BTC. Also, more PTS with I3 would mean more BTS available for funding future projects (though personally I would prefer if the BTS generated from Angel PTS were distributed amongst PTS holders).

Here is an arguments for paying bounties in PTS: The bounty winner will keep some of the PTS which makes him a promoter of this project.

sumantso

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:13:14 pm by sumantso »

Offline Cryptocoinrank.com

• | I ♡ PTS |
    • View Profile
    • Cryptocoin Market Capitalizations, Statistics, Total Value Calculator, Live News Ticker
①②③| CRYPTOCOINRANK.COM | Cryptocurrency MCAP Rankings, Statistics, Portfolio Value Calculator, Live News | CRYPTOCOINRANK.COM |③②①
⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧

Offline stickhead

• View Profile
If 3i don't stop BTC investment of Angelshares. The PTS price will be going down gradually. I don't think allowing BTC investment is a good idea for PTS holders. 3I shoud stop BTC investment right now and only allow PTS investemnt to protect PTS value. Think the aim and value of PTS is that it can obtain BTS, now you can get more BTS using BTC, why should you need PTS?

Don't worry to much on this. In a few months it will be hard to find any PTS out there for normal prices as it is becoming a scarce crypto with this daily flow to AGS. Dont forget that PTS also honors 3rd Party DAC's and AGS not. Also PTS is trade able and AGS can't be moved.
~ silence is the virtue of fools ~

Offline mint chocolate chip

The market is efficient, if Invictus had to sell the PTS we raised to fund operations then what do you think the value of PTS would be today had 50 BTC worth of selling occurred every day?

Any guesses?

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline networker

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:33:34 am by networker »

Offline stickhead

• View Profile

• The quarrel between original Invictus founders became public

link to this quarrel please

yes please, i also want to read this

Here's where I found out about the quarrel: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2188.0

You can read more about this issue here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325425.60

Offline Evan

• View Profile
  • BitShares: evan

Here's where I found out about the quarrel: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2188.0

sumantso

I didnt get the purpose of AGS in the first place. What precisely was the purpose?  Giving pepole that dont want to mine a chance to get a stake in all I3 dacs is not an arguement because you can buy (and not mine ) PTS equally well if you have BTC...

Kind of a fundraiser.

PTS was minable by all; and even if I3 had big machines ready at launch so did a lot of others (it was pre announced).

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I didnt get the purpose of AGS in the first place. What precisely was the purpose?  Giving pepole that dont want to mine a chance to get a stake in all I3 dacs is not an arguement because you can buy (and not mine ) PTS equally well if you have BTC...

Offline stickhead

• View Profile

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
check the tradevolume of pts on Cryptsy - its slowing down. so no buyers, because it is better for bitcoin holders to invest directly in AGS so if more people are willing to sell PTS now, the price has to go down.

Offline mint chocolate chip