Author Topic: The Foundation's Response to my Article  (Read 2743 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
no one asked for a bitcoin foundation to begin with.

also, you're right, this is irrelevant to bitshares / OT

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Could you fix the thread's title please? People may start thinking there was a BitShares Foundation.
Further, I don't understand what this has to do with us? Shouldn't this be considered Random Discussion?

Krikey!  No fun, and makes me appreciate the relative peace BitShares enjoys.  We have the tools to avoid such a mess.   :)
^^ This!

I can recall we once had a discussion about a BitShares Foundation, but then, it turned out that there is no much need for it atm.
What would a BitShares Foundation do that cannot be done by
* committee voting
* worker proposals
* bsips
* forum discussion?

.. except maybe the representative acts on conferences etc ..

^^ This pretty much summed up my thinking on the whole thing.. including placement of this thread (@fav review)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
It depends what the T&C's were.

Some might argue some of the original BTS funding was misspent, Vote DAC in particular comes to mind, I think Adam received many hundreds of thousands of dollars of the initial donation funding. ($300-500 000 I think)

They also received 1% of BTS, vested. There were calls to remove/halt the vesting stake, which was partly thwarted by this statement...

I just talked with the FMV team and they have plans to launch a service on the BTS chain this year.

Did FMV launch a service on BTS in 2015 or did they just say that to keep collecting vested BTS?

Even now CNX overcharges for work, arguing it's one of the best ways to stimulate competition...

CNX has a lot on our plate, we want new developers to come in and therefore we bid HIGH prices for the work.

In other words, we bid relatively high so we can make a significant profit and reinvest it into the industry and other could underbid us.

When some like Jakub might argue providing better documentation + other training initiatives are a better route to bring in new BTS developers  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20823.0.html

I would say BTS has been much better by comparison but I don't think it is without its flaws.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 12:34:31 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
I think the response and further discussion shows how right you were in writing your article. An audit should be done. I feel sad for those members of the foundation who may be innocent and yet are tarnished by the actions of others.

Bitcoin was not designed with accountable governance in mind so the foundation or any other group attempting to guide Bitcoin's development or any other function will continue to have these problems. I believe the problems with Bitcoin may become terminal.  The question is, how do we save all those who's capital resides within the Bitcoin or other networks? I think the only way is to encourage anyone involved in crypto to stop having a tribal mentality and to help each other see the whole of crypto as a single network with an array of experiments. We then help each other to understand all the projects/experiments with integrity and value and make every effort to unify around them. At the same time, it would be fantastic if the devs of these projects can find common ground to work together. Perhaps I'm being naive and the simple truth is that there must be winners and losers....but I hope not.

Offline bitacer

Could you fix the thread's title please? People may start thinking there was a BitShares Foundation.
Further, I don't understand what this has to do with us? Shouldn't this be considered Random Discussion?

Krikey!  No fun, and makes me appreciate the relative peace BitShares enjoys.  We have the tools to avoid such a mess.   :)
^^ This!

I can recall we once had a discussion about a BitShares Foundation, but then, it turned out that there is no much need for it atm.
* committee voting
* worker proposals
* bsips
* forum discussion?

+5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

^^ This!

* committee voting
* worker proposals
* bsips
* forum discussion?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:14:12 am by xeroc »

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy

Offline emailtooaj

Unfortunately,  not so surprising.  It was bound to rear it's ugly head at some point.
Maybe if Bitcoin had Worker Proposals like BitShares has implemented,  then the Bitcoin community could've enforced "accountability justice" for it's share holders.
Maybe you could PM some trust worthy Bitcoin devs that the BitShares block chain is hiring before all hell breaks loose over there  ;D

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ