Author Topic: exchange preparing for voting  (Read 28698 times)

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
I think you're abusing your power here in this case.

The users of your exchange have not authorized you to vote with THEIR stake.

there's no "my" exchange.
all what I have done is to suggest exchange to vote.
exchange is free to listen to me or not.
user of the exchange is free to withdraw their BTS from the exchange if they do not like the exchange to vote.
I am free to suggest.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

+5% This is a valid point.

Still if Stan is correct that 'silence means consent' then the response would be to remove stake from that exchange if they didn't agree with their voting or the fact that they were voting at all.

Edit, though being concerned about taking advantage of exchange users is pretty hypocritical coming from you. Didn't you dump your BTS 1.0 on unsuspecting holders who weren't aware of the upgrade?

http://imgur.com/du63Pkl

look what they are posting on poloniex trollbox!

londonwhale: mindphlux, is dumping: http://imgur.com/du63Pkl
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 02:15:16 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile

Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
This is a terrible idea. Exchanges didn't expend any capital to acquire that voting stake, so if they so chose, they can attack the network with zero cost using their stake to vote.

they have no cost, but they need to be responsible for their users, if they do not want lose customers.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I guess you are behind this bitcrab? You have been very vocal against Bytemaster, so you decided to go and urged this exchange (is it Yunbi?) to start voting?

yes, I am behind this, I am not against bytemaster, but I believe Bitshares need more decentralization in decision making.

so I'd like to get more stake into voting.

I am not able to urge anyone, all what I can do is to tell them my ideas and suggest.

amazing mindset for a committee member.

quoting for future references.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
I guess you are behind this bitcrab? You have been very vocal against Bytemaster, so you decided to go and urged this exchange (is it Yunbi?) to start voting?

yes, I am behind this, I am not against bytemaster, but I believe Bitshares need more decentralization in decision making.

so I'd like to get more stake into voting.

I am not able to urge anyone, all what I can do is to tell them my ideas and suggest.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 01:46:44 pm by bitcrab »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
If exchanges vote, people will simply have to take that into account on whether to deal with them.
A good way to lose half their customers is to favor one side over another.
So I expect most to remain neutral.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
That doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I hope people pull thier BTS off of any exchanges that vote with BTS they don't really own.

+5%

Hopefully there won't be any complaints about exchanges voting, they have enough support because shareholders use their service and have the ability to remove their BTS from exchanges & vote against them if they choose.  As Stan has repeatedly explained  'Silence means consent'

What we've got is an ideal case of "silence means consent".  If there is ever a case when apathy turns to anger, then the majority has the ability to remove the benevolent dictator by raising as little as 5% or 10% worth of opposition.

I would not invest in a company directed by its shareholders.

All is swell. 
If not, sell.
 :)

If there are enough votes for and everyone else abstains - silence means consent.
If there are not enough votes and everyone else abstains - silence means dissent.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 01:33:09 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline monsterer

This is a terrible idea. Exchanges didn't expend any capital to acquire that voting stake, so if they so chose, they can attack the network with zero cost using their stake to vote.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Whenever there is voting power threating the king bytemaster will lead to the rule changes. BTS is bytemaster's private toy, he won't allow being challenged.

I don't think what you said is true, I'd like to know how @bytemaster think about this.

What he says is not important. He and his father were always able to find nice words to cover when they insulted investors. 
The worst part of this is that investors couldn't run or fight back because their BTS is still in vested.........
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 07:17:20 am by heyD »

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Whenever there is voting power threating the king bytemaster will lead to the rule changes. BTS is bytemaster's private toy, he won't allow being challenged.

I don't think what you said is true, I'd like to know how @bytemaster think about this.

Exactly.  I think you all may have made Bytemaster into a bigger boogey man than he possiblly could be. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It's a free world, but idea this sounds risky, misguided, and quite possibly idiotic. I wouldn't trust any external exchange to hold my BTS. That's why we have our own transparent and decentralized DEX.