Author Topic: Bitcoins Chaos is an Opportunity?  (Read 6328 times)

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
A 1:1 Bitcoin sharedrop isn't a bad idea but not because you can buy it cheap from dumpers but because there will be very few dumpers.

A new coin with less than $10 million CAP would mean that for every $100 worth of Bitcoin you have, you have <$0.16 of this new coin. So it wouldn't be worth their while to claim.

So you get the PR benefit of a 1:1 mapping but with very little supply on the market until it reaches a MUCH higher valuation.

Noshit, where did this guy come from, and why has nobody been listening to him.

Of course the positive PR benefit overcomes any negative FUD over time.  How do we know?  Because it has been proven (not theoretically, but experimentally).

Clamcoin did an even more half assed arbitrary sharedrop on BTC/DOGE/LTC, and with zero development (pure 1.0 Peercoin POS fork with no 2.0 anything) and wound up being in the top 25 cryptocurrencies on the planet ($1.5 million dollar community today, and all you can do with clams is send them).

Talk about marketing 101, and it's all proven precedented hindsight marketing technique, nothing to fear.  Nothing to lose, everything to gain from free sample sharedropping as a successful positive initiative that has been real world proven to grow your community.

Do you want to grow your community (while simultaneously growing your market cap)?

Obviously not.

In fact, it's old news, and anybody who has not learned and accepted the reality of what has already happened is probably denying Auschwitz as we speak.

The money is just sitting there, it's up to you weather or not you want to pick it up. 

This is the opposite of speculation, it's old hat old man:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.0

(this 324 page thread is proof of addiction)(and they had no dev like Dan to inspire them)(no smartcoins, no anon, no multisig, no real-time chain)

Jesus, wake up you guys, and claim that with the release (hard fork) of blinded transactions, that BitShares2.0 is "finally launching for real".  Your last 2 launches sucked so bad that nobody remembers them anyway, and you can always say that you were still testing this kickass DASH-like feature (since anon is hip).

Just collect a few donations (preferably from Daddy Warbucks) and let's drop them on the BTC community (minus the mega-whales, exchanges, big accounts that were created simultaneously (gaming the system) and dust accounts) in conjunction with our

"MORE ANONYMOUS THAN BITCOIN BLINDED TRANSACTION COIN" launch fanfare

Write it up like a committee proposal, and lets fund it.  It can't be that hard to sharedrop, we've been calculating vesting percentages for years now (PTS/AGS/ETC/ad nauseam), so I imagine we must be getting pretty good at it by now

Or for simplicity's sake, pull 100,000 random accounts out of a hat, and send them to the ones that are under 1 BTC and give them all a significant amount.

That way many small fish will get some, and the big whales won't have any incentive to mess around.

a lottery celebration of the OFFICIAL launch of BitShares 2.0

With what we know now, we are leaving money on the table by not doing this.

Do we want adoption or not?

Well this is a proven effective way to get it.

Fine print:

(of course we are going to have to lower the fees for a limited time so that these newcomers can test the system with their small stake)(this will also help to create viral buzz)

That my friends is how you make others as addicted to our community as you currently are.

Or are you just waiting for someone to fork graphene and do it before we do?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:34:00 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
If you think Bitcoin is chaos, I would be long Dash, they address quite a few of the issues and are clearly the no.3 crypto-currency, though possibly due a correction.

We've seen Bitcoin 2.0, Bitcoin Dark, Bitcoin Classic, Bitcoin XT, etc., etc.

How about we think up another Bitcoin name and launch it ourselves, promoting it as the successor?

Name ideas welcome. Some suggestions:

Better Bitcoin, Bitcoin Shares, Bitcoin STEALTH, Bitcoin X, Bitcoin Decentralized, Bitcoin OL, Bitcoin DEX, Bitcoin Gold, etc.

unless you are willing to map 1:1 of the bitcoin allocation , you're not a bitcoin fork , but a alt-coin

Map it 1:1 to bitcoin and buy it up cheap from dumpers who don't know what they've got...

A 1:1 Bitcoin sharedrop isn't a bad idea but not because you can buy it cheap from dumpers but because there will be very few dumpers.

A new coin with less than $10 million CAP would mean that for every $100 worth of Bitcoin you have, you have <$0.16 of this new coin. So it wouldn't be worth their while to claim.

So you get the PR benefit of a 1:1 mapping but with very little supply on the market until it reaches a MUCH higher valuation.

Egad, Brain, Brilliant!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

How about we think up another Bitcoin name and launch it ourselves, promoting it as the successor?

Better Bitcoin, Bitcoin Shares, Bitcoin STEALTH, Bitcoin X, Bitcoin Decentralized, Bitcoin OL, Bitcoin DEX, Bitcoin Gold, etc.

I got the perfect name to promote as the successor of Bitcoin.. ready for it? Drum roll please.... Bitshares!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
If you think Bitcoin is chaos, I would be long Dash, they address quite a few of the issues and are clearly the no.3 crypto-currency, though possibly due a correction.

unless you are willing to map 1:1 of the bitcoin allocation , you're not a bitcoin fork , but a alt-coin

Map it 1:1 to bitcoin and buy it up cheap from dumpers who don't know what they've got...

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

38PTSWarrior

I cannot comprehent anything and will watch thug life videos now :-D

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Bear in mind that (probably) most bitcoin users would not use something that's 100% transparent, as bitshares is now.

I wonder if it wouldn't be better to wait a little until STEALTH is operational, rather than turn off thousands of potential new users because there is no privacy at all right now, and that's the impression they'd latch on their minds.

What do you think?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Can the tipbot be used on reddit? That's the best way.  To use it like changetip
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
This is a great opportunity! But first and foremost we have to give intellectual arguments and feedback to explain how and why Bitshares is superior compared to Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is failing and this time it's for real. This will not kill it yet, but there will be lots of users looking for something better. The technology behind Bitshares is best at the moment, so of course we should finally try to do some serious marketing.

Offline bitacer

Bitcoin2, Bitcoinish, Bitkoin

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
There is no Bitcoin Chaos .

The guy Mike Hearn wasn't even Bitcoin's core developer .

He's a part time developer who submitted a few lines of code on the Bitcoin full weight wallet (aka. Bitcoin-core ) .

So , he's a Bitcoin-core develop , but not bitcoin's core developer .

Manipulators just use the news to justify a dump .

It seems the media is a buzz so I am not entirely sure the average joe agrees.

The average joe will forget about this once the price recovers . Just like 3 months ago , the forking argument .

I dont understand how this makes it less opportune for us in the moment.  Open to hearing your thoughts though.

Bitcoin has "failed" so many times , there was never a real chance for any alt-coins to take its position.
As long as Bitcoin can be transferred , can be traded , that's good enough for the whole world .  They don't care about block size , etc , only tech geek think they should care .
The entire Bitcoin eco-system is based outside of the bitcoin software , no matter how many flaws the software has , the outside power can always keep people in the eco-system .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

He's a part time developer who submitted a few lines of code on the Bitcoin full weight wallet (aka. Bitcoin-core ) .

The average joe will forget about this once the price recovers . Just like 3 months ago , the forking argument .

I dont understand how this makes it less opportune for us in the moment.  Open to hearing your thoughts though.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile