Author Topic: January 2016 update  (Read 18041 times)

Offline twitter

• View Profile
Nice work .. cob
witness:

Offline Pheonike

Yeah, are you guys locked on the troopeers name? My two cents,

Peermid or Katapult.

Offline Riverhead

I dont know what you think, but thats how crashing Projects always end up. Taking the funds, spending on numerous Events but in the end they all start to inform the "Investors" how bad everything around them is working out and that`s why no one can present you a single bit of what they "have been working on" for the last 16-20months.

Too bad, but i see another Investment just got burned in this stupid crypto world. Seems like ETH and FCT should have been my only investments

Who pissed in your cheerios man? These projects aren't exactly cookie cutter and yes a lot of them will fail. ETH and FCT are great projects as well but perhaps crypto isn't the space for you. I look at crypto as high risk with the chance of high reward. With that risk comes a huge chance of loss.

That said I don't think your investment is "burned up". The project is still alive, moving forward, and just about to get its name out there. Up to you of course - I'll be happy to buy your shares and sit on them for another couple years.

Offline pendragon3

As a long-time holder of MUSE/notes and supporter of the project, I'm glad to hear that things are moving along in a positive direction. Thanks and kudos to cob & co. for navigating the rough waters of the past weeks. Brighter days lie ahead, no doubt.

Still not sure how I feel about the new name, though. What do other people think of the name?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:31:21 pm by pendragon3 »

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
BM gave COB a bigger than bigger pigeon. :P :P :P
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Big difference between now and 1.5 years ago is that we have experience, contacts, a much better feel for both industries, a blockchain and a platform.
Everything is moving along, despite the hurdles.

Now comes the time to promote and get outsiders existed about the project while raising funds that will allow us to hire a bigger internal team.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Pheonike

Dont forget the change over to bts 2.0 screwed up a lot of things. A lot of development time and money for many projects was lost because of it.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
Ok, and now draw a line between two Points in time comparing this great blablabla 1.5years ago:

Hello everyone!

As some of you may know PeerTracks just had a week long gathering of the devs in Houston Texas. Since we’ve decided the Minimal Viable Product (MVP) needs to include streaming, we used the opportunity to get the whole team in one location and go over the entire business model from A to Z.

After having met the Kosovo guys (which are AWESOME might I add) in person, we locked ourselves is a house for a week with some whiteboards, post-its, stickers and really got down to business.

To say the week long design sprint was productive would be an understatement! It was extremely valuable. For the first 3-4 days we had epiphany after epiphany. This is going to be bigger than we all thought. And yet the purpose of the sprint was to get all ideas and features and possibilities down to an MVP. So although a ton a value was discovered, the road towards reaching it is now way shorter and simpler.

The goal was to find out what gives us the edge on the competition. What do we have that none of the big players have? What is our unfair advantage?
Well, we found it and are going to capture that market as fast as possible. The rest will be built on top of the MVP and all the extra little features will be added later on once we’ve established a presence in the music market.

Now I wish I could spill the beans and tell you guys everything we figured out and yes it’s very un-crypto of us to keep it secret…
BUT
We simply cannot go into details just yet. We are going up against Google, Apple and a bunch of Sharks in the music industry. They have the funding, they have the coders, they have the time, the lawyers, the contacts.
Yet we found our unfair advantage and are going to RUN with it.

To give you an idea of what I mean, think of google +
Google has the tech, the money, the people, and everything you could possibly imagine to create a great social media platform that could out perform Facebook. And yet, Google + still has not caught on, why? Because the community is what’s valuable. We cannot built a gimmick website that can simply be replicated by the big boys for a million dollars.
We have our unfair advantage and a beach head. We know exactly what we need to do in order to make it big  (:

So just to keep it very general.
-We’ve figured out a way to make our back end cheap, fast and transparent. So much that it could change the crypto and tech worlds in general. BitShares Music might grow up to be much MUCH more.
-We’ve found a way, through the existence of Artistcoins, to benefit to small artist and the already a superstar artist.
-We’ve found a way to fix the Taylor Swift vs Spotify issue. Meaning huge selling point for BIG artists.
-We’ve found a way to make the best playlists out there. (appealing to users/music listeners)
-We’ve found a way to change the entire royalty tracking payment system.

And we’ve actually started testing the user interface with users to see if the non-crypto people get it.

More details will come out as we go of course.

We are planning on a soft launch in March. The goal is to have a working MVP of PeerTracks’ basic features and get a few hundred users testing everything out. Artists will also be able to sign up at launch and see what the blockchain can do for them.
From there, Eddie and I will work on getting additional funding in order to get our MVP all the bells and whistles it needs to be a full blown, scalable beast of a machine!

So thank you everyone for the support thus far. Very appreciated! We are doing our best to deliver a kick ass product ensuring that the network it rests on has a high value. I am no doubt biased on this but I think buying Notes was a good move ^^

Here are a few pictures of our week for those that are interested!

http://imgur.com/5yKSOnI&vwj4u2W&7qr9gJZ&qJJs2bO&ajydrBL&DzistkC#0

I dont know what you think, but thats how crashing Projects always end up. Taking the funds, spending on numerous Events but in the end they all start to inform the "Investors" how bad everything around them is working out and that`s why no one can present you a single bit of what they "have been working on" for the last 16-20months.

Too bad, but i see another Investment just got burned in this stupid crypto world. Seems like ETH and FCT should have been my only investments
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:56:18 am by Marky0001 »

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Thanks for the update cob. I hope the vision for setting artists free remains strong. These are challenging times, just keep going. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Offline testz

I know this wont be a popular comment.

I think you should switch to ethereum honestly .   Much easier for developers to learn and get up to speed on. 

There are very few developers with graphene knowledge except the ones you guys already know about.  What are the reasons to stay with graphene? 

Do you guys have a CTO or someone like it that can advise you?  Maybe ask @toast what he thinks about it.  I see him doing development on ethereum now.

Why would they switch now?  They wan't fast tps and graphene gives them that.  They are not trying to entice outside dev's to build apps and business's on the muse blockchain.

Because they need to hire developers to build muse/peertracks/troopers.  I think they are going to have issues finding anyone outside bytemaster's crew that could do what they ultimately need done.  Not sure why they even need fast tps at this point.  they have no product and no developers working with them.  The developer community is clearly much stronger and greater in ethereum thus it would allow them to attract the talent they need to actually build a product.

AFAIK all/most blockchain things required for MUSE (smart contracts) already implemented in MUSE by bytemaster's crew. So @cob crew need Troopeers and PeerTracks web developers which can integrate Graphene blockchain into these web portals backend.

In this case how Ethereum can help MUSE?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to getting this project started in earnest!

Offline Riverhead

I am voicing this opinion because I have watched them build nothing for over a year and its clear they have developer problems.

Ethereum is very young compared to Graphene. The tool sets are still being developed and there are issues, bugs, and features missing from Solidity. This isn't a knock on Ethereum; it should be great. It's just not really usable in its current state.

Graphene on the other hand is almost a tailor made platform for what Muse/Peertracks is building. Xeroc's efforts on documentation are fantastic and the code itself is very well documented internally.

Offline woolcii

• View Profile

jaran

I think you should switch to ethereum honestly .   Much easier for developers to learn and get up to speed on. 

There are very few developers with graphene knowledge except the ones you guys already know about.  What are the reasons to stay with graphene? 

Do you guys have a CTO or someone like it that can advise you?  Maybe ask @toast what he thinks about it.  I see him doing development on ethereum now.

Following your logic, why would anyone use graphene then? Or any other chain that's not ethereum?

Obviously every project is different and what platform they choose is dependent on their project.  Which is why i asked cob what his reasons are.  If they are sound reasons then sure they should do what works for them. 

I am voicing this opinion because I have watched them build nothing for over a year and its clear they have developer problems.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Following your logic, why would anyone use graphene then? Or any other chain that's not ethereum?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:38:35 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads