Author Topic: Consortium Wallet Idea  (Read 2272 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
In the forum thread 'Fantasy or Inevitability' Bitshares was mentioned in an article "... the BitShares team habitually over-promises and under-delivers". Whilst i think thats a little harsh it brings up a similar point that Adam B. Levine said in the interview he did with BM where he said "Bitshares has the best technology out there but it suffers from basic usability issues".

A new user recently posted here "It's really confusing. As an outsider looking in I have no idea what's going on. Yes, the technology is cutting edge, but I have no idea what benefits it has to me. The message is being lost."

IDEA:

I see a commonality here and I think there is an opportunity to design a better wallet to attract new users and compete with the existing. A focus on usability is a huge profit opportunity. I do not have the skills to do this myself and so i thought i would ask if there are people out there interested in getting together to fund the design of a new wallet and split the potential rewards according to their stake?

Just an idea.

OPENPOS is working on some of this.  Maybe they can say something about it?  @kenCode
And BitCASH is doing something cool too that makes a wallet focus on one asset, am I right @merivercap ?

Every week we release new mobile wallet downloads and video footage of the POS system too:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20762.0.html
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Freebie (might) consider developing some of this under the right circumstances.
Some of the IP we hold works along the lines of what's mentioned in the thread.
I am not in a state to reveal yet.. but *cough cough*  - possible product release?

id love to work with you guys to get a funding drive for something like it.

Am not entirely sure the team will want to take its eyes of gamebet.gg for the next couple months, which is why I said "might".
Depending on how certain things pan out in the next few days, we'd be keen on engaging in this.. or maybe not.
I'll keep you updated.

Offline fuzzy

I am not in a state to reveal yet.. but *cough cough*  - possible product release?

id love to work with you guys to get a funding drive for something like it.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

In the forum thread 'Fantasy or Inevitability' Bitshares was mentioned in an article "... the BitShares team habitually over-promises and under-delivers". Whilst i think thats a little harsh it brings up a similar point that Adam B. Levine said in the interview he did with BM where he said "Bitshares has the best technology out there but it suffers from basic usability issues".

A new user recently posted here "It's really confusing. As an outsider looking in I have no idea what's going on. Yes, the technology is cutting edge, but I have no idea what benefits it has to me. The message is being lost."

IDEA:

I see a commonality here and I think there is an opportunity to design a better wallet to attract new users and compete with the existing. A focus on usability is a huge profit opportunity. I do not have the skills to do this myself and so i thought i would ask if there are people out there interested in getting together to fund the design of a new wallet and split the potential rewards according to their stake?

Just an idea.

OPENPOS is working on some of this.  Maybe they can say something about it?  @kenCode
And BitCASH is doing something cool too that makes a wallet focus on one asset, am I right @merivercap ?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

I think the community needs as many alternative wallet options as possible.

We need devs in general. I'm trying to learn to code but it'll be a while before I'm up to speed.

I would love to see a community wallet in which development may be stagnant sometimes as we wait for pumps/new sources of funding/devs to have free time and willingness to do for free or cheap, but every feature would burn BTS if a fee is charged.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
People are not confused about BitShares because of the current wallet. They are because the website doesn't display the info people need and there are lack of usecases and examples of how BitShares can be used. Also it should be explained in a newbie way. BitShares can be used for different things so that's why people get confused. They need something that shows them, at that time, how it can be used.

As for wallets, each business providing a service will most likely have their own according to their needs. Moonstone should in theory be almost done but I don't know the status of it.

Does someone else know about Moonstone? In the mumble Taulant didn't give any ETA. I would like to know one. Last time I talked with someone from his team around October I think, they mentioned it would take around 2 months...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

IDEA:

Just an idea.