Author Topic: AGS Investor Checking In  (Read 5192 times)

Offline Keyser

• View Profile
I see the import wallet tool in settings, but it requires a .wif file.  Is there an easy way to convert my btc private key to a .wif file?

You can import either a .json wallet, or individual keys in WIF. The latter is not a file to upload, you simply have to paste the private key into the text input field.

I tried pasting the private key in the text input field.  It will not accept, the only option is the green "cancel" button.  It really should be that simple tho.  I need to take a break before I lose my mind.  But, thank you all the same.

Offline Keyser

• View Profile
Ok so I think you can import your wallet.dat file in the console.
The command is
wallet_import_bitcoin
It should actually prompt you for the filename, passphrase and the account to add the keys to(ie the one you just created)
If i remeber correctly it will only look for the filename in the same folder as the executable so you may want to try moving the dat file into the same folder or typing in the the whole pathname. What is your operating system by the way?

I'm using windows.  I'm also not comfortable with command line entries.  Tried a few times and it appears nothing happened.  I'm probably not doing something right.  Your efforts to help are appreciated however.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I see the import wallet tool in settings, but it requires a .wif file.  Is there an easy way to convert my btc private key to a .wif file?

You can import either a .json wallet, or individual keys in WIF. The latter is not a file to upload, you simply have to paste the private key into the text input field.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
Ok so I think you can import your wallet.dat file in the console.
The command is
wallet_import_bitcoin
It should actually prompt you for the filename, passphrase and the account to add the keys to(ie the one you just created)
If i remeber correctly it will only look for the filename in the same folder as the executable so you may want to try moving the dat file into the same folder or typing in the the whole pathname. What is your operating system by the way?
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline Keyser

• View Profile
I was able to create a wallet in bts 0.9.3 from the console.  Thanks for the info.  But now, I'm trying to import my private key from my btc donation address and it appears to only accept .json files.  From my multibit wallet, I don't know to do that.  I only have the private key and wallet.dat files. 

This is becoming more frustrating.  Every forward step is met with another roadblock.  I'm simply an investor trying to get access to my angelshares assets.  There needs to be an easy way to do this in 2.0 and the dac clients(muse).   

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
Hi Keyser,
It looks like 117 days is approximately the amount of time from when the chain was stopped for the transition to 2.0. If the gui is giving trouble for creating a new account I think you might be able to get around this by using the console. You can actually access the console from within the gui by clicking on the advanced option under the account details menu next to the lock button. I using cli only I was able to create an account name using the command:
wallet_account_create
This account name will not be registered to the blockchain but might let you import your keys as you would have normally. If not there are also several wallet_import commands for importing keys through the console, but I am not sure which you would need for your type of wallet. hope this helps
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Keyser

• View Profile
OP update:  This past week I have been working on accessing my bts and muse from the angelshares crowdsale, without much success.  I need to stress the fact that I am not trying to migrate from bts 0.9.3 to 2.0.  Actually, sometime last year I started a topic here where you can see why I decided to wait until 2.0 to even attempt to recover these ags assets:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17814.msg227130.html#msg227130

Fast forward and it seems that was a mistake because it may have much easier if I had a working bts 0.9.3.  However after several days of attempting to sync a bts 0.9.3 wallet, it is stuck at 117 days behind and I cant even create an account to attempt to import my btc donation address private key.

So I then returned to my newly created bts 2.0  and muse account clients.  Again, both accounts are empty because I have never claimed any of the ags assets shown in my original post.  I see the import wallet tool in settings, but it requires a .wif file.  Is there an easy way to convert my btc private key to a .wif file?  I was using a multibit btc wallet at the time.  I'm hopeful that if I can manage to do this, I will see my partially vested bts from the ags crowdsale there in my bts 2.0 wallet and then repeat the process in muse.

Another issue with muse however.  I keep getting an error when trying to create an account.  "failed to create account xxxxxxx, unkown error"

Again, thanks for any help.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hi there,

I'm in the same situation. I can't seem to figure out how to import angel shares from a bitcoin wallet and convert it into muse? Any help would be appreciated.
It seems there is a slight issue that is resolved in the latest code and only needs to be deployed to MUSE now: https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/557

Offline angel66

• View Profile
Hi there,

I'm in the same situation. I can't seem to figure out how to import angel shares from a bitcoin wallet and convert it into muse? Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Keyser

• View Profile
Thanks for all the help.  Ill be working on getting it all sorted in my free time this week.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
Yeah, I just downloaded Play and it seems to be abandoned.  I will check MUSE next.  Can you tell me how to find the "import private key" function in bts 2.0 for DNS and VOTE?

DNS and VOTE don't exist, they were merged into BTS. Whatever you were supposed to get for them, you get it in BTS

I understand that they don't exist.  I'm asking how to I claim the bts now.  I have never claimed it before.  I'm assuming I will have to import my btc private key to the bts wallet to claim it?  But I don't see that option anywhere in the wallet.

@Keyser hope this helps http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/migration/index.html
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Keyser

• View Profile
Yeah, I just downloaded Play and it seems to be abandoned.  I will check MUSE next.  Can you tell me how to find the "import private key" function in bts 2.0 for DNS and VOTE?

DNS and VOTE don't exist, they were merged into BTS. Whatever you were supposed to get for them, you get it in BTS

I understand that they don't exist.  I'm asking how to I claim the bts now.  I have never claimed it before.  I'm assuming I will have to import my btc private key to the bts wallet to claim it?  But I don't see that option anywhere in the wallet.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Your should get shares in BTS from your AGS, DNS and Vote, circa 50 000 BTS I think not sure so 0.57 BTC
Your Notes (MUSE) are worth about 0.67 BTC
Your PLS is worth about 0.13 BTC I think

So 1.37 BTC overall I would guess, hope you get help importing them.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Akado

• View Profile