Author Topic: Paid News  (Read 2276 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
yeah, and that's terrible. paid press releases and shit give news sites a bad reputation. you just can't trust sites like contelegraph for example. they shill and would literally sell your first born to make some cash. (advertising scams etc).

needless to say I don't trust any company using paid press.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Nothing wrong with paid advertising...

Is that the point? I wish to believe that you pay or you dont, as long as what you get is quality work, it does not matter, but its wrong to say its not possible to get good work for free, its all a question of the news value and who you know

i agree, i didn't mean to imply otherwise. i'm all for Bitshares getting any and all media attention, free or paid; there's a ton of great PR that can come without payment, as well.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
James Clayton made an interesting comment in a Crypto Group on Facebook:

"In case people don't know, almost everything in crypto media is paid. It isn't like journalists are going around looking for hot stories to give free press for companies, very little of that anyway. They mostly wait for people to come to them with Bitcoin. Pretty much how everything is now."

Might be something to think about when we want something out there.

The only diffrence is there are actually journalists out there waiting for a good story and will do it for free.

At the moment half of my major media releases are paid and the other is not, Coindesk is one of the few I still have to pay to get an article out, and the recent PRbuzz I am doing is paid as well, but I like it so much that I have now done three of each 700 USD in the last two weeks.

Point is, its wrong to say you have to pay to get the media out there, you pay when you feel you have to, the rest of the time you make whatyou want to present an exclusive story and give it to one major media and they will offer to do it for free.

Great to see you shedding some light on this issue. :)

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

Is that the point? I wish to believe that you pay or you dont, as long as what you get is quality work, it does not matter, but its wrong to say its not possible to get good work for free, its all a question of the news value and who you know
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

"In case people don't know, almost everything in crypto media is paid. It isn't like journalists are going around looking for hot stories to give free press for companies, very little of that anyway. They mostly wait for people to come to them with Bitcoin. Pretty much how everything is now."

The only diffrence is there are actually journalists out there waiting for a good story and will do it for free.

At the moment half of my major media releases are paid and the other is not, Coindesk is one of the few I still have to pay to get an article out, and the recent PRbuzz I am doing is paid as well, but I like it so much that I have now done three of each 700 USD in the last two weeks.

Point is, its wrong to say you have to pay to get the media out there, you pay when you feel you have to, the rest of the time you make whatyou want to present an exclusive story and give it to one major media and they will offer to do it for free.
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

you can pay 100 USD to publish a press release on coindesk
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Unfortunately this is not only suited to crypto ...this is how journalism seems to be working these days  :/

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains